Quidditch

Infinite and the Chamber of Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The news that Mrs Norris was petrified was all that people talked about – it was such a hot topic that the first quidditch game of the season nearly came as a surprise. Despite Slytherin and Gryffindor going up against each other, there was no build-up to the match for once.

Sungkyu wrote to his parents to tell them about the chamber's reopening and what returned by owl the next day was a celebratory letter in which they told him he finally had a chance to prove himself worthy of his family name. They asked if he knew who it was and if he did, told him he had to help the heir.

„Of course" was what he wrote back. „I'll do my best." - but when Hoya told him, the guys would meet up again after the quidditch game to talk about what to do, he preferred that.

He wouldn't say it into anyone's face, but he didn't want to help someone who aimed to kill students.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

On the day of the quidditch match, Sungkyu was caught by surprise when he found himself pulled out of the library by a grumpy Woohyun in red and golden quidditch robes. "You won't spend this match holed up somewhere to study!"

"I need to catch up on- waah!" He stumbled as Woohyun yanked him past a corner to the entrance hall and then disappeared into the crowd as if he'd never seen Sungkyu.

That boy's quite an actor, Sungkyu mused - it made him wonder when else Woohyun had been forced to pretend because he must have learned somewhere.

Sungkyu didn't have much time to think because just then, someone tapped him on the shoulder. "Sungkyu?" Dongwoo stared at him, his mouth wide open. "I thought you hate Quidditch!"

Sungkyu laughed. "I do, but some fanatic got me here."

"Ah, Woohyun at his best again - you should come out more often, though – for the next match especially." He branded his Hufflepuff scarf proudly and Sungkyu raised an eyebrow.

"Isn't that kinda the wrong house for today?"

"There's never anything wrong with Hufflepuff." Sungkyu chuckled and they made their way to the stands. Sungkyu parted from him at the stairs to the Slytherin sector. Under other circumstances he might have considered joining Dongwoo and the Hufflepuffs but he couldn't dare when his own house was playing.

He found a good spot at the very top from which he could watch Warrington and Pucey cobble with their broomsticks. Derrick and Bole watched from the side, no doubt making snarky comments here and there. Sungkyu's heart twitched and he felt the urge down there to them. The last time they had all joked together was weeks ago. Sometimes, he had short conversations with Derrick or Bole but the other two ignored him with painful ferocity. His detention with Warrington and Montague was hell.

"Make some space there." He raised his head to find Montague and Marcus Belby. They pointed at the empty spot next to him. To evade conflict, Sungkyu pressed himself to the wall and the two of them squeezed themselves onto the bench. "Didn't expect you here. Thought you'd be holed up in the library."

"Did you loose in rock paper scissors again?" Sungkyu slammed his book on Montague's head. The guy rubbed it, laughing evilly. "You should really stop putting out stone."

"Nobody played, alright? I came on my own accord!" But his Slytherin classmates just smirked. Sungkyu shook his head reopened his book.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The game turned out to be more exciting than expected although not due to actual Quidditch. Sungkyu had heard from last year when Harry Potter's broom had been hexed and Potter appeared to be magnet for hexes, this year too.

A bludger followed him in the middle of the game and after some air gymnastics from the boy, it was clear that the bludger had indeed been messed with. Even Hoya, who was one of Slytherin's beaters, had a very confused expression on his face. However, the game continued and it became obvious that quidditch could really not be stopped by anything.

It ended with Harry crashing to the ground with the snitch.

Sungkyu was first to leave the ranks, unsure why exactly he'd come in the first place. A group rushed past him, one of them Woohyun who only recognised him as he turned to apologize. His face brightened and with a quick glance at Harry's two friends' backs he stopped and jogged back to Sungkyu. „You really watched! How was it?"

Sungkyu pointed at Woohyun's quidditch robes. „Why didn't you play?" Woohyun's face fell.

„I'm err... just a reserve, really." Woohyun scratched his neck.

How did Sungkyu always manage to ask the wrong questions? All of Woohyun's energy was drained at once and Sungkyu knew he had to say something comforting. „I-" Sungkyu racked his brains. „Well, I'm sure you wouldn't be a reserve if you weren't good enough for the team – you'll get there one day!" A smile crept back on the other's face and he n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter