Sorting

Infinite and the Chamber of Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The word that the famous Harry Potter and his friend were missing flooded the Great Hall as they found a seat as far away from Flint or Malfoy as possible. Luckily the second year tended to be around the idiot magnet, so that they didn't have to watch out on both sides.

Sungkyu had another personal preference and that was not sitting opposite Pucey. The boy was polite and adorable in many ways but his eating style did not match with Sungkyu's and he'd had enough food sprinkled on him for a lifetime, thank you very much.

„Hey Sungkyu!” He turned to see Hoya slip through the crowd onto the seat next to him and… well, opposite a certain someone. The others exchanged worried glances and Warrington even tried to wave Hoya to his side but Hoya saw it as a polite request and greeted the oblivious Pucey. „How were all of your holidays?”

Sungkyu listened with a knowing smile as Hoya explained how he and his parents had visited France over the holidays. With a twinkle in his eyes he gave Warrington a very explicit description of a female assistant at a café they went to a few times. She was - apparently - very pretty and Warrington started scratching his plate in jealousy.

Bole patted his back sympathetically and Derrick offered him a drink (not without an evil grin).

„She was a bit weird though.” Hoya finally added and scrunched up his face. „She was the daughter of the owner and when I asked to meet up, she kept asking for my number.” Sungkyu raised his eyebrows. Hoya shrugged at their confused looks. „I still don't know what she meant by that!”

In the front, Professor McGonagall stood up and left the Hall to get the new first years. Sungkyu threw a glance to the Gryffindor table where Hermione was still sitting alone. She looked terribly uncomfortable without her friends there and her forehead was still scrunched up in worry. Where are Harry Potter and Ron Weasley?, he wondered. Well, he reminded himself. They tend to be trouble-makers with extreme survival luck. There was really no need to be scared something might have happened to them.

Sungkyu knew that if he'd done even one of the things they had, he'd be dead by now. Either out of failure or in the aftermath of facing his parents.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The sound of two claps came from the front and the great oaken gates swung open to reveal Professor McGonagall fulfilling her role as deputy headmistress - leading the new first years through the Sorting.

A red shock of hair stood out. How many children did the Weasleys have, honestly? At least this time it seemed to be a girl although Sungkyu wouldn't be shocked if it was just another boy with long hair. That family was known to be odd.

Sungkyu also recognised the boy from the train. He was clinging onto the arm of another, way too excited… girl or boy?

The hair was too short for that of a girl but the way it was all shiny and well-treated and the way he walked made Sungkyu wonder what gender that child was.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The first years stopped at the front and scurried around the stool with the Sorting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter