Puzzle

Infinite and the Chamber of Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As long as Sungyeol and Hoya had not calmed down yet, Woohyun said it was better to stay away from the meetings. All the while, the two of them tried to figure out who the heir could be. However, they didn't have any clues.

"Except for the writing on the wall," Woohyun said. "But it wouldn't make sense if it was really a first year. I mean, the writing may look like it but..." He shook his head. "That's less likely than us being the heirs, seriously."

Sungkyu didn't say that he was in fact a very likely candidate for being the heir and instead thought of something else. "You know what confuses me about the heir? The attacks are so random." Woohyun looked up. "Like, if it was someone filled with hatred, wouldn't more students be petrified by now?"

"Maybe they're trying to be careful?" They both shrugged, equally unconvinced.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Sungkyu was walking to the library again, books under his arm, when he saw a familiar figure pressed against the door to Myrtle's lavatory. He froze, unsure what to do but Sungjong had already caught sight of him. He smiled and waved Sungkyu closer, finger tapping against the door.

Sungkyu blinked – the younger not even bothered by his presence!

Afraid to loose this chance, he scurried closer.

„...and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me..." Sungkyu pressed his ear against the door. Myrtle whining was no news to him but why would someone come here just to get rid of a book?

„But it can't hurt you if someone throws something at you." Sungkyu recognised Harry's voice from before the holidays. „I mean, it'd just go right through you, wouldn't it?" Sungjong snickered and rubbed his hands in anticipation. The explosion came no second later.

„LET'S ALL THROW BOOKS AT MYRTLE BECAUSE SHE CAN'T FEEL IT!", Myrtle shrieked. „Ten points if you can get it through her stomach! Fifty points if it goes through her head!"

Sungjong whistled. "That's a cool game~"

"Are you any good at throwing?"

Sungjong sighed sadly. "I have two left arms."

"Darn it... well, guess we're brothers then," joked Sungkyu and they high-fived silently before they turned back to the conversation. Myrtle was explaining how the book had fallen through her when she sat in the toilet. "...It's over there, it got washed out." There was some debate on whether it might be enchanted. Silence followed, then- „Hang on," said Ron and footsteps were heard. „I know that name... T. M. Riddle got an award for special services to the school fifty years ago." Sungkyu froze.

Tom Marvolo Riddle.

He would always recognise that name. The name his parents honoured more than anything else. That name that he was forced to hear every Christmas. The name he'd been afraid to hear from anyone else's mouth. "Do you know that Riddle guy?"

Sungkyu regarded the other thoughtfully. "Not really..." he murmured.

Sungjong waited for more but when Sungkyu remained silence, he pouted and said "pah, I'm not interested anyways!" before he strode away. Sungkyu couldn't help but think that if Sungjong had long hair, he'd probably have thrown it back like a model. He grinned and rolled his eyes.

Honestly, those kids all had a screw loose.

Then his mind traced back to that diary. Tom Marvolo Riddle. The Dark Lord. Voldemort. How could a diary of the darkest wizard in wizarding history end up in the girl's lavatory?

So many incompatible things... the writing of a dark wizard that looks like that of a first year and now a diary of a dark wizard in the girl's lavatory.

Somewhere there was a connection.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

This question followed him all day long and at night he woke up from a nightmare where the Dark Lord had jumped from the diary and enchanted a horde of first years. Like mindless zombies, they had followed him around the school. It bothered him so much that he used his lunch break to come by the writing another time yet again, he didn't find anything. After ten minutes of uselessly patting the wall, he turned around and stomped off.

Why didn't this make sense?

As he stepped around the corner, he had to jump aside so that Ginny Weasley didn't crash into him. With a stammered apology, she rushed off to where he'd just come from. Sungkyu stared after her. Did she know that Myrtle was in that toilet? She was a first year after a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter