Riddle

Infinite and the Chamber of Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

„Sungkyu, hey Sungkyu what- oh gosh, you're awake!" Sungkyu blinked into Hoya's relieved face, head hurting like murder. It took him a moment to remember why he was on the ground in front of the Slytherin common room but then he remembered the attack.

Seriously, was it fun to hex him or why did they all do it lately?

Quick steps clapped on the ground and Woohyun and the others came hurrying down the steps. Sungkyu, ashamed by this situation, quickly sat up and his bag slipped off his leg. Only then did he see all the books and parchment that covered the ground. He knew immediately that something was missing

„She got the diary," he breathed and scrambled for his stuff. The other guys stopped before them and watched in confusion as Hoya and Sungkyu searched his belongings.

„You had it with you?"

„I'm sorry, I couldn't just leave it in the dorm with everyone – I share a room with Montague!"

„And some other idiots..." whispered Hoya and groaned. „You're sure it was Ginny?"

Sungkyu nodded and the strong motion made him dizzy. „I saw her red hair. I'm really sorry."

Sungjong kneeled down to help them. „Ginny attacked you? To get the diary?"

„It was extremely hectic, I believe she just saw me with it and freaked out."

Woohyun nodded with a grimace. „She must have been really panicked. She tried to confess everything to Harry at breakfast this morning – probably because she couldn't find the diary anymore and feared that someone had found her out." He sighed.

„We need to find her quick," said Dongwoo sternly.

Sungyeol winked at Woohyun and the Gryffindor's eyes twinkled. „Leave it to me."

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"And you know she's in Myrtle's toilet - how exactly?" Sungkyu tried to keep up with Woohyun and the others but they were far more athletic and soon, four pairs of shoes disappeared at the top of the stairs. Only Sungjong was still with him, huffing.

"Bloody quidditch guys!", the youngest cursed and heaved himself into the first floor corridor "They could have wait-"

The others were lined up in front of the writing on the wall below which Sungkyu caught glimpse of a new, freshly painted message.

Her skeleton will lie in the Chamber forever.

Sungkyu gulped. Stone screeched on stone and their heads turned to the door of the girl's lavatory. Just then the pieces of this puzzle moved into place. He'd seen Ginny there before. The diary had been left there. And then...

Myrtle was there.

„It must be the entrance to the chamber!" he yelled and they dashed into the lavatory where their eyes just barely peaked at a red shock of hair disappear into the opening of a pipe right where the sinks usually stood. It went down so far that they only saw black at the end of it.

Sungjong made to follow her but was pulled back by Hoya. „We can't just jump in there – there's a Basilisk and who knows what else!"

Sungjong shook off the grip and glared at the other. „We can't just leave her to die!"

Woohyun hurried to the pipe. „He's right, we need to help her!"

„But-" The two Gryffindors didn't listen. They just hopped inside and within seconds, they were gone.

„These thickheads," cursed Sungyeol and jumped after them.

„I can't with them sometimes!" Hoya pulled his hair in frustration before he, too, followed his friends.

Dongwoo turned to Sungkyu. „You should come too, we'll all be there together – the more of us, the less dangerous for each." He gave Sungkyu a reassuring smile and then slipped into the darkness.

Frozen in place, Sungkyu stared at the hole in the ground.

I could die down there.

And if his parents ever found out he tried to save Ginny...

...

„OH IT," he yelled and stomped to the pipe. „They'll be the death of me one day!"

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The last bent of the slide was so slippery and strong that he made a full turn and rolled out of the hole at the end. He landed in a mess of wet dirt, stones and white things he guessed to be splitters of bones. Bare inches from his face, he caught sight of Hoya's feet.

Oh, Sungkyu was properly annoyed now. "Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter