It's Over Now

Infinite and the Chamber of Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a gasp and they turned to find Ginny sitting up, an expression of pure confusion on her face as she looked around. "I-" Her eyes fell on Harry, robes ripped and muddy, then Sungkyu and awareness fell over her face. "You're wounded and-" She broke out into sobs. "I- it was me but I- I swear I didn't mean to, Riddle made me, he-" She turned to Sungkyu. "My mind went blank when I saw you with the diary because-" Tears streamed down her white face. "because you're a Slytherin and I thought you were the- and I just- or that you had found out and-" Her voice broke and she hid her face in her arms.

Harry turned to him with a questioning look. "She attacked me when I had the diary," explained Sungkyu as he made his way to Woohyun and the other's. Sungyeol was already kneeling next to them. His lips quivered but when Sungkyu lay a hand on his shoulder, he turned and set a weak grin on his face. "You know... all the things we could draw on their faces now..."

From the side, they heard a chuckle. Harry met Ginny's bemused eyes and said "It's OK, Ginny. It's over now, it's all over. Riddle is gone!" Harry lifted the diary that now bore a huge gash. "Everything will go back to normal now, you'll be fine!"

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Sungyeol and Harry levitated Woohyun and Sungjong out of the Chamber, while the pheonix – Fawkes – offered to carry Hoya. "They can carry immensely heavy loads," explained Harry to the others. "Dumbledore told me after the attack on Fletchley when-" he turned to Sungkyu who remembered that day too well. "you were there too..."

Sungyeol froze in place.

"I-" Sungkyu hesitated to ask his question. The one that hab been bothering him since the incident. "Say, ... why didn't you tell McGonagall I was there then? Why lie for me?"

Harry just shrugged. "You were such a mess. You were so shocked that if couldn't have been you. Was that boy also your friend?"

Sungkyu nodded. "Thanks anyways..." then he turned to Sungyeol. "And I swear I'm sorry about what happened, I-"

"Leave it," sighed Sungyeol. "As Harry said: it's all over. Let's forget about that."

They continued their way up the tunnel to find Ron and Dongwoo moving stones aside to make the way free to pass. When they came around the corner, Dongwoo jumped at them like a kangaroo. "YEOOOLLLIIEEEEEE, GYUUUU!" was one of the many things he cried before throwing them over with a bone-crushing hug.

The phoenix carried them all the way up the slide into the girl's lavatory where they were greeted by a grumpy Myrtle who seemed to be disappointed by their survival. From her glances, Sungkyu guessed she had already planned out her future not-life with ghost Harry in her cabin.

The thought was disturbing.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

McGonagall received the shock of her life to find the six of them in the doorway to the teacher's office, clothes dunked in water, mud and blood.

While Ginny, Harry and Ron were greeted by what he guessed to be Ron and Ginny's mother (she had the same red hair) he, Dongwoo and Sungyeol awkwardly shuffled to the side to let their petrified friends hover inside. There was a loud shatter and they found McGonagall next to the broken pieces of a teacup, wide eyes fixed on the three frozen figures. "What in the world happened?"

Harry set the sorting hat, the sword and finally the diary on the table in the middle of the room. Then he explained from what seemed to be the very start when he and Ron had come with the flying car because the barrier at the train station had been closed. With Hermione they had figured out the Basilisk and the entrance of the chamber. He explained how the he was separated from Ron in the tunnel and got all the way to when Riddle had called the Basilisk.

Sungkyu knew what part came now and his eyes fell on Woohyun and Sungjong and Harry nodded. "They... kinda stormed out from behind a statue suddenly and-"

"They called Riddle a ," explained Sungyeol proudly. "No idea if you ever heard of that guy but you might imagine he didn't enjoy that much. He used some spell to make them fall. Hoya tried to save them but then that Basilisk came and they were all petrified." Dongwoo shuddered but Sungyeol shrugged. "Harry killed that beast, thankfully." He turned to the Gryffindor. "You should really do something about your sword skills though."

"Oh no, really?" asked Harry dryly.

Sungkyu was astounded by how naturally the atmosphere had shifted from heavy to friendly. Harry finished the tale by explaining how Sungkyu had told him to use the Basilisk's blood to destroy the diary.

Silence followed.

"What interests me the most," said Dumbledore gently, "is how Lord Voldemort managed to enchant Ginny, when my sources tell me he is currently in hiding in the forests of Albania." Sungkyu twitched. Hiding? In Albania? Wasn't everyone supposed to think the Dark Lord was dead?

"It was this diary," said Harry quickly. "Riddle wrote it when he was sixteen."

Dumbledore took it from him and curiously leafed through the soggy pages. "Brilliant," he said softly. "Of course, he was probably the most brilliant student Hogwarts has ever seen." Bewilderment spread around the room. "I taught him myself, fifty years ago..." his eyes flickered over to Sungkyu. "Him and his followers..."

Dumbledore closed the book again, causing Sungkyu to shudder at the sudden motion. He was sure Dumbledore had meant to ask something but instead the headmaster turned to the Weasleys. "Your daughter should go to the hospital wing – all this must have been terrible for her. There will be no punishment. Older and wiser wizards have been tricked by Lord Voldemort." Mrs Weasly pulled her daughter close.

"Molly, Arthur, would you be so kind to take the three students with you?" he nodded to Woohyun, Hoya and Sungjong. "Madam Pomfrey is just giving out the mandrake-potion to wake everyone."

"MYUNGIE WILL BE BACK!!!" Sungyeol and Dongwoo performed a celebratory dance and Sungkyu watched them fondly.

The two Weasley parents nodded with smiles. "Of course we will," said Mrs Weasley. "They did a lot for our daughter and everyone." She turned to Sungkyu and the other two. "Thank you to you as well."

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

When the door fell close behind them, only Sungkyu, Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Ron and Harry were left with the teachers. "Now to you."

Sungkyu gulped.

"First, I would very much like to know how you and your three friends became involved," began Dumbledore and regarded Sungyeol, Dongwoo and Sungkyu over his half-moon glasses.

"Four," corrected Sungyeol. "four friends. Myungsoo also helped."

Dumbledore nodded. "T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter