Consolation

Infinite and the Chamber of Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the end of the holidays and Sungkyu was at a loss as to what it was he wanted. His parents treated him with cool and sometimes even disgusted looks that made his stomach turn upside-down. They had always been strict on him but this wasn't the level anymore where they wanted him to do well for the future of the family – all the studying and work had become a chore, a punishment for his misbehaviour rather than an attempt to improve.

But he didn't want to return to school either.

Well, what waited for him there? A basilisk that attacked enemies of the heir, two ex-friends that had turned their backs on him and a group that had every right to hate him as he'd lost them one of their members.

He wished he could just skip all the years of school and growing up and become an adult that was allowed to live by himself, work by himself, deal with who he wanted to deal with.

But he couldn't.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

On the day of the journey back home, his parents behaved like there was nothing happening. There wasn't even a reminder to do well in school, to behave and all. They just got to work in the morning and Sungkyu was left alone to make sure he was on time by himself.

Before making his way outside, he checked ten times if the mirror shard was still in his pocket. He hadn't dared looking at it all holidays long lest his parents may see. He couldn't imagine anyone worse to find out who this mirror was connected to.

This was how he stepped into the train, tired from studying until 2 AM. There was still half and hour till the train set off but he hadn't had anything to do at home so he'd left early. He found himself a good (aka empty) compartment and leaned against the window to watch as more and more students flooded the station with their families and pets. Sungkyu didn't even have a pet. His parents couldn't afford one for him and he really didn't need it. For letters he could always borrow one of the school owls.

Of course to other students he said he simply didn't like animals much. They stank and always wanted food and attention and followed you around anywhere.

But really... he did want a pet. Not one of the typical one's – cats scratched everyone around them and owls were too proud. Toads were boring.

Personally, he wanted something smaller than a cat and more comfortable. Funnily enough there was an animal muggles apparently held called ‚hamsters'. He'd seen one in a shop he'd randomly visited once and had immediately been drawn to the little ball of fur that hid in the light and was confused by people looking at him. He yawned and minute by minute he drifted off into dreams about hamsters that were being sent around by owls from toad to cat and always did they have to hide from their owners.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Stepping out of the carriages in front of the entrance gates, Sungkyu found himself with a door in his face. He jumped back with a yelp and saw Sungyeol step out of his carriage. „Sorry, didn't see you there," he sent Sungkyu the darkest of glares. Behind him, Woohyun stepped out. Sungkyu held his breath when Woohyun faced him with a more than guilty expression. He sent Sungkyu a slight smile and a little wave with the hand before he scrambled after his friend.

Woohyun...

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter