Leader

Iron-Willed? Easily teased!

Kwon Eunbi searched her name on Naver every day.

 

She cares about her image in public's eyes a lot. No matter the comments are positive or negative, she read them all and kept in mind - that is to remind herself to stay humble, and always seek ways to improve.

 

Yet, everyone knows, caring so much about others' views is a double-edged sword. Complimenting words could cheer one up, constructive opinions could motivate one to do better, but more cases observed online are hurtful cruel words without understanding the whole situation - which might turn into malicious slanders, or even cyberbullying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eunbi is not a good leader. She knew it. Especially after the first positioning evaluation.

Sakura, Chaeyeon, Minju.

Sakura as the visual and hot topic among netizens and viewers, Chaeyeon as the well-known great dancers with all-round talents, and Minju as the Korean visual that even Sakura would envy her beauty... Although the competiting group are shining with cuteness and pure concepts, losing in this group battle was a great upset. At least to herself, it is.

 

It is like fate is making fun of her; after the Very Very Very team battle, she has been voted as leader for every performance afterwards - dance position evaluation, concept evaluation, it is a relieve to Eunbi that the last stage she could put down the burden as leader for once... but who knows about the approaching future? Now she is the leader of Izone, the group she debuted in, again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

'I personally recommend Eunbi unnie as the leader, as we can see, she has done well in leading us during the past period...'

Yena's compliments has made Kwon Eunbi smiled; ah, so her efforts paid in has not been unseen.

People said she was too feeble and too indecisive that leads to the drama happened in her Very Very Very group, so she tried to guide her groupmates in brainstorming dance moves in Sorry Not Sorry. Netizens said their performance are not impressive enough given the high potential of members for the dance stage, so she decided to take the initiative and volunteer to try the rap part with just one request - Sian and Chowon must do their best in their own position.

 

 

Kwon Eunbi wished to do well in her role, and she hoped even the result might not turn out well, those working closely with her could understand how much she has devoted.

 

 

 

 

'Eunbi unnie has done a great job in leading us, but personally I wonder if one with better Japanese communication skills would be more suitable as a leader... I think Chaeyeon will be a good leader too.'

When Sakura voiced her opinions, Eunbi reflected and found herself has no word to defend herself - it is true that she lacks the ability to talk fluently in Japanese, her as a leader still has a big room for improvement.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon, oh Chaeyeon. She is a good leader, there is no doubt. Kwon Eunbi still remembered Minju and Moe complimenting Chaeyeon as a good tutor for teaching them to dance; she mastered the moves for 1000% in a very short time and individually take care of her members during practices. Chaeyeon is a selfless person, she gave out compliments easily and has the motherly attitude towards the others. Eunbi herself has performed with Chaeyeon for two times during the show. At the first sight she already knew the younger is a great dancer, and her performances proved Chaeyeon is an all-rounded talent, not to mention she knew very well how to cheer people up and gives out sincere reactions. Kwon Eunbi could point out no flaws on her, Chaeyeon as the leader of Izone is - of course - a much better choice than herself.

Deep in her own thoughts, Kwon Eunbi wrote down "Chaeyeon" on the tiny piece of voting paper.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Eunbi" "Eunbi unnie" "Kwon Eunbi" "Eunbi unnie saranghaeyo" "Eunbi unnie *Heart*"

Wait... Wait, so only she voted for Chaeyeon? What about Sakura and Nako? Also Ahn Yujin that little rascal? When the girls all laughed and clapped, Kwon Eunbi realised it was a hidden camera prank. Her eyes were quickly filled with tears, she was not even sure if she has really seen it or it was just an illusion; Chaeyeon has flashed her a thumb up and gave the warmest smile to her, ever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soon after they decided Eunbi as the leader, there went Eunbi's birthday. The rolling paper written by her members were so sweet and loving she still remembered the words by heart. How the Japanese members tried hard to write in hangul, how the maknaes filled the thankful messages with jokes, and how others congratulated her in heartfelt words and phrases, Eunbi is so glad that she had them as members, friends and sisters.

 

 

Among all, Chaeyeon's message comfort her a lot: '...having unnie in izone makes me feel so dependable<3 I will try my best to help unnie! So don't leave everything to yourself, let's do it together happily in the coming two years!...'

 

Typical Chaeyeon, Typical Chaeyeon-type of comforting words. Kwon Eunbi believes in this, and the first comeback proved that Chaeyeon really kept her promise - her Chaengmom image is so well-known among members and wiz*ones. If Eunbi is a strict leader always keeping an eye on members' behaviors and courtesy, Chaeyeon is the gentle loving mom. 

Eunbi felt very prideful to have a member like Chaeyeon, as a leader the burden is heavier than expected, but with Chaeyeon by her side, Kwon Eunbi believed she could overcome all obstacles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Unnie, let's do it together!'

Chaeyeon told her that twice; first when they are trying to figure out how to make the Sorry Not Sorry performance looks more perfect, second is on this birthday rolling paper. They are going to make this promise lasts forever this time -

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One day Kwon Eunbi still being recognized as Izone leader, Lee Chaeyeon would still be her most dependable support. There is no fear if the two are by each other's side.

 

--------

A/N: figured it would be good to serve one more chapter while Im busy preparing for finals and papers... Currently I have no draft in storage, so ideas or prompts are much appreciated! Or, if u have any thoughts or opinions on the style, presentation, plot etc. please dont hesitate to tell me! I dont bite xdddd

P.S. this is actually my fav works out of three... I use the least time to complete it and encounter nearly no obstacles while developing the plot ;)