Dance

Iron-Willed? Easily teased!

Eunbi is a good dancer.

 

This is how she has been told when she debuted in Ye-A. After leaving Ye-A, she has been working as back dancer for various idol groups like Girls' Day, Infinite and Lovelyz. This is also the reason she has been given a second chance to became trainees for idol groups again in Woolim Entertainment.

In outsiders' eyes, born in 1995 is still very young, but in the entertainment industry - especially a fiery competitive market in Korea - one elder than twenty wanting to debut as idol is quite impossible already.

 

 

You can't blame her when she was showing confidence when she first encounter the mission of filming a practice video of Pick Me. Mastering dances in a short time is one thing she is great at - thats what she works to earn for quite some time in the past. Having minor mistakes due to extreme nervousness and inability to memorize the Japanese lyrics has led to a downgrading from A to C for Eunbi, also an inevitable wound to her.

It is totally her fault, Eunbi agreed, but being the eldest and supposingly the most experienced one among Woolim girls, she felt sorry for not being able to be a dependable role model for the others. 

 

 

 

Kwon Eunbi's confidence hit the rock bottom  until she decided to challenge herself again - choosing 'Sorry Not Sorry' Dance position as her second ranking evaluation performance.

Surrounded by a group of great dancers, she was lost in her thoughts.

 

The YujinS - Ko Yujin who mastered y and charismatic dances, Ahn Yujin who are really good at energetic and youthful theme, Yena who has been a great performer since Eunbi knew her in A Class practices, and of course - the widely accepted BEST dancer in the whole program - Lee Chaeyeon.

 

 

'I nominate Eunbi unnie'
Yena's excited voice has almost been missed if the sentence did not mention her name.

'Huh?'
'Unnie do you mind being the leader to lead us? I am sure experienced dancer like you would be a good choice to unite our strengths!'


Lee Chaeyeon chuckled a little at the puzzled face of Eunbi and elaborated what has been said before, the other girls nodded enthusiastically to show their eagerness.

'Ah, okay... I actually have been thinking of taking other positions, if you trust me that much - I will try my best to do so. Thank you for your support, girls' 
Kwon Eunbi gave a sincerely thankful hug to each girl as gratitude.

 

 

 

 

It has been a bit surprised to heard herself being voted as the centre for Sorry Not Sorry.

In no doubt she tried her best to fit the theme of the song and showcased her charm, but the others also did great - she wsa not even sure if she could do well as a leader, now being the centre Eunbi felt the pressure not just doubled and tripled, it was like putting thousands ton of weights on her shoulders. 

As if sensing her self doubts, Chaeyeon went to her and gave a tap on her shoulders, 'Unnie let's do this together! We could definitely make a legendary performance in this season of Produce series!'

 

 

The youngers followed very well according to her suggestions and guides, everyone has their own ideas and inspirations, they have been full with confidence when the tutors asked them to show what they have got in past days.

 

Sudden silence after their dances have sparkled worries in Kwon Eunbi's mind again;

it looked a lot like her nightmare - her failing to lead the group, her failing to be a good centre, her failing to impress the tutors, her failing as a dancer, her being criticized by netizens and eliminated from the show, her losing the dream to debut and lost in directions of life...

She felt there was a light grab on her right palm, it was Chaeyeon. She held a slight comforting smile on her face when Eunbi tilted her head slightly before resuming her serious face, waiting for opinions from tutors.


Even though the words from May J nim and Bae Yoonjung nim has been harsh and right to the point, Kwon Eunbi felt herself more focused on what she has to improved rather than how her efforts has not been paid off well again. The five of them bowed politely and she saw the two tutors nodded encouragingly, saying they expect them to better arrange the highlights and solo parts for a perfect stage.

 

 

 

 

Time seemed to pass within a blink; the second she found the nervousness resurfaced, Kwon Eunbi was standing on the stage, introducing her group to the national producers.

After their representative Lee Seunggi has said the labelled line for the show - It's Show time!, she hugged Chaeyeon before settling into their respective position waiting for the song to blast the venue. 'We can do it" They shared a glance, no words are needed to convey the trust between the five of them.

 

 

 

 

Kwon Eunbi has always hate the time waiting for final rankings, this time was no exception also.
They have been steadying their breaths after the performance when the staff in backstage asked them to enter the result announcement room. The five of them huddled together, shivering slightly due to uncertainty.

Names of the young groupmates being revealed one by one has pained Eunbi by the cruelty in survival shows; she understood the society is judging and unforgiving, but it just made her accept the fact that herself would be hurt by it, seeing friends and younger sisters - though they were not bonded by blood - saddened by such system was heartbreaking.

 

 

"3rd - Lee Chaeyeon" 

She could not believe her eyes when her most trusted and appreciated dongsaeng's name appeared; Kwon Eunbi sweared she heard the screams hyped when Chaeyeon did her powerful dance kick during chrous of the song. How come the younger did not win the first place for this evaluation?

She almost missed her own ranking if not for the girls to throw glances to her and clapping happily. 

'Wow as expected our unnie!'
'Our centre unnie is the best! I knew it!'
'Leader nim you deserve it so much~'

 

 


In contrary to the happiness of her groupmates, Kwon Eunbi found herself overrated for winning in the group.

Tears began to shimmer and she mumbled, 'Thank you so much kids...' She thanked Chaeyeon for being a caring dongsaeng and immediately went in to gave her a warm hug, how YujinS and Yena jokingly warned her not to cry made her heart swelled a little. 

 

 

 

 

 

It is her kind and loving groupmates who helped Eunbi to rebuild her confidence in dancing. Pushing her to the position as a leader, as a centre among great dancers, and even ranked the first within the group. Her heart reignited the passion for dancing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She smiled and clapped for Chaeyeon - who is now her member debuted in name of girl group izone - dancing to Hyuna sunbaenim's Lip and Hips.

 


"Thank you for being my support and inspiration in dancing when in the show, it is time for me to cheer for you as the main dancer in our group, Chaeyeon ah."

---------------

a/n:  I might not be updating, but I have kept an eye here xd Since there is a surge of new eunkura fics, I will write sth different xd (dont get me wrong I love eunkura too) so off you go a Kwonchaeng/Biyeon fic~ 

I was actually writing some short drabbles for the end of 2018; however it is highly impossible for me to finish them on time, so I lengthened one of them and make it into this instead hahahahaha 

P.S. apologize if you find this too similar to 'Leader', can't help but write biyeon into this type of interactions xd