MVP

Iron-Willed? Easily teased!

(Alert: mentioning of ISAC relay pre-recording; no result spoiled)

 

 

 

 

Have you ever found yourself drawn to another person, looking them with starry eyes whatever they did?

 

 

People always say she is perfect.

She could dance well - one of the top-notched dancers for no doubt, she could sing - people find that out in the show, she could lead - groupmates and tutors praise her for that, she could even rap - that's a new try but seems the public accept it in a positive light.

How similar Lee Chaeyeon's strength is with her respectful leader in izone made her nervous yet excited when she knew they are debuting in the same group.

 

 

 

 

When she went to film the first episode of Produce 48, the producer asked her during the pre-filming interview:

'Have you heard of the Woolim trainees?'

Lee Chaeyeon nodded, 'Yes, the location of our company is quite close to Woolim also'

'Both companies are famous for great dancing skills, what do think about it? Confident that you can win?'

Now here is the point of devil editing, Lee Chaeyeon alerted. She hated this since Sixteen filming days, but there is no way to escape from it if she is joining Mnet survival shows.

 

 

 

Preparing at the backstage, the question producers raised clouded her mind. Lee Chaeyeon unintentionally held her breath when Woolim had been called.

The music starting with Lovelyz Ah-choo; Chaeyeon was relatively confident that WM might perform better with a pop song since girlish songs kind of limit the variety of performing - And the music changed. Infinite's Bad played and a trainee with slight curly hair had a solo dance break. She is good... One mastering girlish and cool concept is not easy, and one could freely interchange from one to another in a blink of eye is even difficult. 

 

 

Woolim trainees are very cool. Eunbi unnie is the most eye-catching one among all.

This is how she said for the interview afterwards.

 

 

 

'Admiration' is a conflicted concept. You want to know more about the person you admire, the more the better; at the same time you want to maintain some distance from them - possibly the beauty of distances? 

 

 

Fate is helping Chaeyeon. Both of them have been graded as A and practised together for the first tutor-evaluation video. Kwon Eunbi unnie is a very out-going and cheerful person, which turns out to be quite surprising if Chaeyeon has to be honest. The elder was said to be a resemblance of Red Velvet leader Irene sunbaenim; since the latter is well-known as a reserved person, instinctively Chaeyeon though the fellow trainee unnie is similar. Reality is quite the opposite; Eunbi unnie likes to joke around and makes friends with almost everyone.

 

 

The producer seemed to notice the dramatic effect between the two - dance rivals recognize each other's talents and become fast friends? Possible to blow up as a hot topic - so the two was even twined to film the mystery box introductory game. Eunbi unnie is not only talented, she is quite laid back and seemingly fearless... who could touch a bowl of loach without knowing and even said 'can I bring some home after the filming' like nothing happened? Chaeyeon was deeply impressed.

 

 

Thanks to Sakura, her first Japanese friend among trainees, Chaeyeon was once again granted with another opportunity to work with the Woolim trainee she appreciated. This time the elder has been elected as group leader, and for team building purpose mnet had set all of them to live in same dormitory room.

Games, practices, evaluations; schedules in those days repeated and repeated in loop, Chaeyeon could never forget the elder shouted to her after the vocabulary guessing game 'Yah Lee Chaeyeon!' Their leader looked extraordinary burdenless and cute at that moment. Chaeyeon knew, the centre problem has been bugging her for quite a long time.

 

 

Every dancer have their ambitions. Of course Chaeyeon also has her own when it came to position evaluation. As unbelievable as it might seem, both Chaeyeon and Eunbi were interested in the track Sorry Not Sorry. To say the least, she was again, surprised to find out Eunbi unnie has the same target as hers - instead of winning, impress the audiences with a legendary performance that could last long in their minds.

People might say, that is because members in this group are of relatively high ranks so they lacked the earnest desire to win. For Chaeyeon she would think, it is important to survive in this show, but it would be even better to make viewers remember you and your performance when they think of the program. She was glad to know the one she admired also shared the same pride of dancers, performers, or more professionally saying - artists.

 

 

Selfless is what Chaeyeon would list out if you ask her what makes Kwon Eunbi so admirable for her. Sharing the centre part for Sorry Not Sorry? Taking the responsibility to bear rap part in Rumor? Netizens dare to criticize her as a pretentious person and 'stealing' the main vocal position in the last stage was infuriating Chaeyeon.

Public like seeing trainees improving and self-challenged, yet they always like to complain how their bias have been ripped and treated unfairly when the centre of controversies are actually good friends. Rumors were well-crafted, and knowing Eunbi unnie, Chaeyeon was a thousand percent sure the elder award of them. She wished to say something, yet did not really know how could words convey her support.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon passed the torch to Hyewon unnie, surprised to found the elder who always seemed uninterested and inactive sprinting in full speed. Too immersed into the nerve-wracking atmosphere she did not realised the compliments until Eunbi tapped her shoulder before getting ready. 

Breathes still unevened, Chaeyeon cheered for Hyejin unnie and Yena unnie with Eunbi doing some stretching as warm-up by her side.

'Last athlete please get ready' flashed a thumb up, the leader of izone - the group both of them debuted in - walked onto the track.

 

How Eunbi unnie held the torch and dashed away felt like something unreal; Chaeyeon could not tear her attentions away from the eldest - as expected the reliable leader they have, the admirable unnie she loved.

 

 

 

Time seems to pass quickly yet frozen; when Chaeyeon came to her senses, she is already galloping towards Eunbi and welcomed by a bone-crushing tight hug. 

 

"Unnie you are the true MVP"

And Chaeyeon finally got to say what she had held to herself since the very start.

-----------

a/n: Biyeon/kwonchaeng again xd my 2pick ship always occupy a special place in my mind and I love their comradeship(?) so much hahahaha 

P.S. I'd be very thankful if you could spot song titles in this story orz