Fangirling

Iron-Willed? Easily teased!

After Minju has filmed the special video for the izone showcase, playfully teaching the personification of a monkey character striking gongs, she suddenly developed an interest of tutoring others.

 

Said girl sat in front on her bed and staring blankly onto her diary, What am I good at? What could I teach?

 

 

Looking around, she saw Yujin jumping up and down and shoving her snacks onto her bed. Minju spotted something on the younger's bed and DING! She suddenly got an idea and started scribbling on the long-awaited empty space.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"A guide to fangirl over someone in a subtle way"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Step 1: owning some accessories or daily used items with names or photos of your crush

 

 

 

Just like how Sakura unnie did, placing a fan with photo of her idol - Red Velvet Irene sunbaenim - near her pillow in the dormitory.

Here comes a tip! Being like Sakura unnie is good, that shows how proud you are as a fangirl; but since we are trying to do it in a subtle way, it is suggested that these kinds of precious items should be stored safely in a shelf or box. Only use it in special occasions: like when Minju went to a show featuring her crush.

She still remembered herself holding a fanmade paper fan has been spotted on Produce 48 with gaping open; Minju would admit that is a bit embarrassing for a dream-to-be successful subtle fangirl like her, but who would not when Rumor has been played and your favorite unnie belted those high notes and aced smooth dances in her abs-showing outfit? Everyone would have been doomed, image is not something you would care for when the show had been too fascinating to keep your mouth shut.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Step 2: Moderate the temperature of reactions

 

 

 

When you wanted show your love and appreciation in a not-so-obvious way, it is suggested that you might show slight reactions normally, and reacts with exaggeration when your crush is doing something funny or cool; this is called the differentiating strategy! (Minju added a star next to it.)

For Minju, she often shows a calmer and reserved image; but when her crush started to get ready for her self-celebration for thanking national producers' supports, her eyes are sparkling with stars and her body tilted more to the front, wishing to have a better look and record the whole scene with her mind. As expected her unnie was witty and the 'orange' show has been so addictive, Minju could not help but laugh loudly when the whole thing went on, the melody and beat seemed to be anchored in her mind. Yujin once complaint that she mumbled 'Orange-Orange Orange-Orange' in her dream for days.

When she became closer with the original performers - including her crush - in later time, this little episode made her favorite unnie laughed so hard and Minju even earned a hug for that! The whole event is super embarrassing for Minju if you asked (and given the future that Yujin will for it the whole life), but she did not regret it at all, never.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Step 3: Do anything you can to help your crush, even in the slightest way

 

 

 

If you know your crush to a certain extent, and the relationship between you and her are actually close, this might be the most useful guide.

After a series of happenings, Minju and her crush debut in the same group. With the increased proximity, Minju can't help but fall deeper for her unnie - her leadership, her gentleness, her wit, her beauty, her all-rounded skills... Their group has a total of 12 members, so it has been a difficult task for one to take care the whole team. To stand out among a bunch of hyperactive kids, you might act the other way round.

Minju is not a good cook, she can't act like Chaeyeon to become another mother figure in dormitory; but she tried her best. Minju knew her very best friend Yujin is quite a trouble maker (don't get Minju in the wrong way; the younger is cute and energetic all time, it is just... sometimes she has too much energy that no one can keep up with her), so Minju felt the responsibility to help as much as she can.

'I am not going to bath~ I don't want to bath~' A large Beatle was running around the dormitory, trying to escape from the nagging unnie. 'Ahn Yujin! Don't be lazy again, you are going to bath now or you won't get to sleep tonight! I will make sure the bedroom door has been locked so you can't come in!' Minju grabbed the collar of Yujin and pushed her into the washroom. She sighed, why fate is going hard on her? Her crush may not show her appreciation on Minju's help often, but she did, Minju was happily dying inside.

They all went on a radio show, the host asked their leader 'is there anyone you found particularly dependable among your members?' Minju held little anticipation so when the answer came as 'That would be Minju, she is really a reliable kid.', she could not help but gasped a bit. The host noticed and asked for a reason for this reaction; 'It is an pleasant surprise to hear this from our leader, I am honored' The sweet smile creeped on face did not fade for the whole day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Minju, do you want some fruits? I got some tangerines from Sakura unnie today, let's eat together!" Yena stood in front of her bed, waved to Minju and gestured her follow.

Earlier that day, Eunbi, Hyewon, Yena, Sakura, Nako, Hitomi and Minju has done a vlive together. The seven of them shared food that bought by the japanese members and prepared by the leader.

 

 

When Minju reached the dining table, she saw three skin-off tangerines have been placed on a clean plate.

"Oh seems Eunbi unnie have used her special skills to remove the skin already! Unnie said she has some dance practice next morning, so she went to bed early today."

Masking her slight disappointment of knowing the leader was unable to join them, Minju quietly chew on the juicy fruit and absentmindedly nodded while listening to Yena unnie's sharing of everything and nothing. Her mind replayed what has happened that afternoon -

 

 

 

 

Minju was not much a talker, so she focused on eating when the others are chatting enthusiastically on vlive.

 

It surprised her when the leader sitting next to her suddenly turned and used her thumb to wipe on Minju's lower lips.

"You are such a messy eater Minju~" It has been hard for Minju to maintain her poker face, but her heart exploded after Yena unnie gave her the same red bean taiyaki the leader has bit on;

Minju questionably bit on the taiyaki and turned to Yena unnie's direction, wanting to question what is that for but suddenly the leader - her crush, the one she admired so much from afar to close, the unnie she has been wanting to received attentions and compliments from, Kwon Eunbi the bunny leader - close the distance between them and simultaneously bit on the same taiyaki with a 10million-watt smile!

Minju sweared she could even count how Eunbi unnie's eyelashes has fluttered a bit when she closed her eyes and tasting the food, she has been doomed and stayed empty-minded until the elder started to talk and wrapped up for the vlive broadcast. Her heart is so fragile, and that moment is so thrilling and it made butterflies flying gracefully in her stomach.

 

 

 

 

Still listening to Yena unnie's sharing, Minju decided she need to put this down on her guide for subtle fangirls as a conclusion -

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

if you tried hard, your crush would eventually acknowledge your dedication and your spring for this fangirl love with come and bloom beautifully.

-----------

A/N: I was supposed to finish a oneshot for MAMA in Japan according to my initial plan; but after reading BrokeNinja nim's beautiful oneshot of Eunbi x Minju I changed my mind hahahahaha 

Have tried to attempt a new writing style - a failed try to be humorous xd I hope this is not too bad cause my brain kind of shut itself down after encountering two finals lolllllllll again, all mistakes are mine, I will proofread this later

P.S. I think in reality Minju does not shared a room with Yujin, but for easier plot development I changed it that way~

 

 

 

Until next time~ (back to revision)