Where to?

Heaven is a place on earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

From city to city, to different countries, hopping from one continent to another, the girls have been leaving their marks in every place they visit. Running solely on their saving accounts, the three decided to make a living out of travel vlogs. It earned them a lot, with Sakura editing the videos at such a fast pace and Hitomi coming up with new content. The viewers enjoyed the consistency of their videos and how funny the three acted. Behind the scenes, Nako took care of the girls’ wellbeing. Being a nursing graduate like her mom, she took the responsibility of keeping the two alive.

“Nako, it appears that the viewers loved your food critics. We should make this a regular thing. Hiichan is running out of ideas for the next videos. This might work.” Sakura mentioned while checking the viewers statistics.

“Hmm. I guess I can but aren't I already your guinea pig for trying extreme things? You left me literally hanging when we bungee jumped 2 months ago. Plus the roller coaster ride killed me last time.” Nako crossed her arms.

“Hey it's as if Sakuchan doesn't join you when you do that?” Hitomi joined the conversation.

“It's always my face that gets inside the clip. AND IT IS NEVER PRETTY.” Nako puffed her cheeks.

“Well, we needed to have someone holding the camera?” Sakura casually answered back. “And besides, even if I become part of the video, I'll make sure there isn't a single frame that makes me look ugly.”

“Ugh. Seriously. I don't get paid enough for this.” Nako rolled her eyes.

“You do enjoy those things though. So it all works out in the end.” Sakura pushed her thick framed glasses back into place.

“Nako-chan. You've been a very good all-around nurse for us so I thought we'd at least let you do what you like the best.” Hitomi gave Nako a smile which made the short girl soften up. Nako knew Hitomi meant well but some part within her believes that Sakura uses Hitomi to make her agree with her every whim.

“Ugh. I really can’t win against you guys.” Nako sighed.

“We can’t help it Nako-chan, you love us!” Sakura stuck her tongue out.

“So we were saying, how about we try exotic food next week? Water bugs, worms, and crickets.” Hitomi took her phone and began scrolling through different pictures of exotic street food. Nako and Sakura saw Hitomi’s eyes sparkle with curiosity as she started blabbering on and on about their next destination.

“Am I booking a trip to Thailand?” Sakura asked.

“Yes. I can’t wait to try these!!!” Hitomi exclaimed. Nako gave her a disgusted look.

“You mean, you can’t wait till Nako and I try these. Right?” Sakura mentioned, stopping Hitomi from showing them more pictures of the food selection.

“Well, I could try them if Nako allows me to.” Hitomi put her phone down. The youngest looked at the two with expecting eyes. She already knows the answer though, knowing how sensitive and careful the older two are to Hitomi.

“We have to check. Anyway, as long as Sakuchan tries it first with me, I wont feel like I’m being used. If we die, don’t eat it.” Nako replied.

“Eh. If that’s your way of saying I won’t get to eat any, then I’ll just be glad to have the two of you have it.” Hitomi answered, pouting her lips over Nako’s overprotective nature.

“Alright I got us all tickets. Is there anything more you’d like to add?” Sakura asked. Nako shook her head.

“Uhm. If it’s fine with you, I’ve been thinking about this thing and I’m just not sure if we should do it but we’ll have to see how well the Thailand series goes.” Hitomi mentioned.

“What’s up?” Nako asked.

“Well… We’ve finally managed to get a lot of subscribers and I have a proposition…” Hitomi clasped her hands together and got the two girls looking at her expectantly.

“The two years that we’ve been travelling together and trying out stuff feels a little weird now… Let’s stop. Let’s go back home and not meet again-“ Hitomi was cut from speaking.

“What the do you mean we’re not meeting again and go back home????” Sakura questioned. “Ya’ll know I don’t have a home to go back to?”

“Let Hiichan finish speaking, Sakuchan.” Nako interfered. Sakura was a little quick to rile up and she was extremely sensitive about leaving her friends.

“Wait, sakuchan before you blow up again. I mean, lets rest for a while. Albeit around two weeks? and then we’ll do something new.” Hitomi explained.

“Okay, what is this new you speak of?” Sakura inquired.

“It’s a secret. I just need you guys to trust me.” Hitomi added, causing Sakura and Nako to stand up from their chairs.

“Wait. We don’t know and now you’re expecting us to agree??” Nako replied. Sakura was already puffing her cheeks.

“Yes. Is that too much to ask? Aren’t I in charge of the content?” Hitomi argued.

“And I’m in charge in keeping you guys alive. So I gotta know what you’re planning.” Nako added.

“This is bull crap. But okay. Since it’s something new, I’m game. Even if it kills us. YOLO.” Sakura replied, earning a glare from Nako.

“Okay, now that Sakura has calmed down. Let’s talk about it partially.” Hitomi proposed. “After our Thailand trip, we’d be taking a hiatus until we reach our 1 millionth subscriber. I mean we’re only 20000 subscribers away anyway. I’m guessing it’s about 2 or three weeks from now.”

“How will we know if we reached it?” Nako asked.

“Uhm. We won’t. Let’s just give it 2 weeks. No internet for the three of us. Just go back to our homes and whatever. Let’s document it our internet hiatus instead and do normal stuff.” Hitomi added.

“What about our viewers?” Sakura asked. Hitomi pointed to a corner, the two girls saw the camera rolling. The two girls realized they have been losing their for the past hour and Hitomi got it on tape.

“You little mochi!!!!” Nako immediately pinched Hitomi’s cheeks while Sakura head locked Hitomi in place. Hitomi was turning red and was about to tap out. Hitomi’s screams help. 

“We’re gonna upload this online. Pls do not edit your sudden burst earlier, Sakuchan. This will serve as an explanation for our sudden hiatus.” Hitomi escaped the head lock. “So what do you say?”

“Fine.” Nako rolled her eyes.

“I’m game but I’ll edit my ugly shots out.” Sakura answered.

“Let’s get it!” Hitomi looked at the camera and winked.

 

++

 

Three girls were hunching in front of a computer screen, all three were partly excited, nervous, and scared. A girl with a short bob and thick framed glasses took the mouse and started clicking her way through the web. The shortest girl on the other hand was squeezing the spectacled girl’s arms while the cheeky brunette was putting her fingers underneath her pouting lips.

“Argh. Finally. Internet!!!!” The two girls screamed while eagerly watching Sakura set up the web brow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter