Friends

Heaven is a place on earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A calm melody played at exactly 6 am. It was time for her to begin her day.

The moment she opens her eyes she begins the same routine she has done since she was a kid. She would stretch, fix her bed then have a glass of water with her daily morning pills. It was something prescribed to her long ago. Not a single day was missed.

She was born different. A weak body coupled with a disease her grandparents thought she'd never get. She had a long list of medication that she had to take to live a little longer. It was terribly hard to cope with it at first, finding suitable medication that was compatible with her body, but now she is stable and able to do what she likes. She's thankful that she had Nako help her with her intake schedule, now she doesn't need to be reminded.

 

It was a week after they made a deal. Hitomi was excited to begin their new project. The six of them have been monitoring how well the teaser did for the new project. It was hyped, thousands of viewers were excited to see know more about the new series and the mochi’s new friend. Indeed, her looks alone brought in new subscribers to the channel. Reading the comments through her phone, the mochi girl entered cheerily into Nako's room.

“Well, you’re awfully cheery today.” Nako motioned, rubbing the sleep off her eyes.

“How could you forget? It’s day 1 of planning with Chaewon and look at these, they’re looking forward to having her.” Hitomi replied happily.

“Hmm. Is it only they? Aren’t you a little too excited? You’re too happy. It’s worrisome.” Nako took her face towel and proceeded to the wash room.

“Is it bad though? It’s actually something I’m looking forward to.” Hitomi laid down on the small girl’s bed. “Besides, I never expected this random trip to be fun. It’s like we were made to go here.”

“Hii. I’m just worried.” Nako wiped the water off her face, revealing a refreshed look.

“Of what?” Hitomi asked. “You’re always worried of me.”

“Hiichan, we don’t want you to get hurt again.” Nako seriously said.

“Don’t worry. I’m careful and I’ve learned to take care of myself better.” Hiichan smiled.

“Hii. You do know what we’re talking about. We don’t want the same things happening again.” Nako faced her friend. “Sakuchan almost lost it you know.”

A knock emerged from the room.

“I’m sorry, I’ve been listening. Nakochan sounds serious.” Sakura entered the room.

“What’s with Chaewon that you really like?” Sakura added. Hitomi had a huge pause.

“She’s enchanting. She draws me in. I like the art I make when she’s my subject. She’s absolutely beautiful. She sparks my curiosity.” Hitomi smiled at the two.

“You said the same thing about-” Sakura was cut by Nako.

“Are you sure it’s limited to that?” Nako asked.

“If you’re worried it’ll end like how it did with her, don’t worry. I’m not dumb enough for that. I just want us to enjoy this long vacation too without disappointing our viewers too much. Don’t get me wrong though, I like her but not the way you’re thinking. I like her the way I like art.” Hitomi’s smile was wiped away from her face. There really was something about Chaewon that Hitomi liked although it was too early to pin point what.

“Also, you know you don’t have to worry about bringing her up. She’s still your friend you know.” Hitomi added.

“WAS our friend.” Sakura added.

“That’s a little mean of you, Sakuchan.” Hitomi replied.

“She hurt you. She’s automatically cancelled.” Sakura huffed. Nako looked a little all over the place the moment it was brought up.

“Don’t worry too much, Sakuchan, especially you Nakochan. Hmmm… if you’d like we can make rules so Chaewon understands.” Hitomi suggested.

“Don’t worry. We don’t have to tell her everything…” Hitomi added.

“Fine.You do understand why we feel this way right?” Nako sat beside the girl. Hitomi could only nod. She had to reassure her friends that she would be fine. She had to be fine.

“We allowed you to decide this time for the content, but always remember we got your back and that we wouldn’t want you to get wrecked, you know.” Nako added.

“We’ll be alright. I have you two. I don’t need anything else.” Hitomi pulled the two girls into a group hug. The three laughed.

Lying on top of the bed with Hitomi in the middle, the three spent their morning planning the rules they would agree on for this project to work for the three of them.

“Nakochan… Sakuchan… Thank you for always protecting me.” Hitomi looked at the two softly. “Thank you for letting me do the things I love...Thank you for always staying by my side...Thank you for being my family, Even if sometimes I play tricks on the two of you kek” the mochi girl added, earning a slap on the arm from Sakura, reminding her of what happened last week. Hitomi could only laugh while apologizing.

The mochi girl stood up from the bed.

“Let’s go to where Chaewonie is. Take a bath Nako, we might be late.” Hitomi took off with her laptop and camera.

 

+++

 

The inn wasn’t big but it wasn’t small either. It housed a banquet big enough for at least 40 people to gather. Hitomi and the others were somehow glad that they have it all to themselves. While enjoying their meals, three familiar figures entered the room. The japanese trio waved them to come over.

“Good morning, Miss Honda.” Chaewon greeted.

“Hiichan.” Hitomi corrected her.

“Good morning, Miss Hitomi.” Chaewon added.

“Hiichan.”

“Good morning, Hitomi.” There was a slight irritation in her voice.

“Good morning, Chaewonie. I know you aren’t a morning person but I’m looking forward to starting my days with you and the gang. And how many times do I have to tell you, let go of the miss honda name, it makes me sound old.” Hitomi greeted her. Chaewon pulled the chair in front of Hitomi.

“Fine, Hitomi.” Chaewon sat and looked rather reserved.

“Good morning, Doctor Eunbi, you look so beautiful today.” Sakura stood up and greeted the blessed lady.

“Good morning, Sakura, Hitomi, Nako. You all look energetic. What’s in store for the day?” Eunbi greeted them.

“Well, we’re gonna do initial planning with Chaewon and Chaeyeon today. Care to join us doc?” Hitomi asked.

“I have my daily rounds keeping me busy… There’s a lot of old people here, and there’s only one Eunbi.” The doctor cutely answered. Sakura couldn’t get her eyes off of the older girl, she looked absolutely wonderful in her white coat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter