Muse

Heaven is a place on earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It has been seven days since the girls have been staying in Yuchiri. The Inn only had them as guest but it appears that the additional staff arrived three days after they did. Somehow, Sakura has found herself in a perpetual state of boredom.

 

“Hiichan, tell me what's your plan. We've been bored for days!!” Sakura jumped into Hitomi's bed.

“Who’s we? I'm perfectly fine reading Dr. Eunbi's books and this is the most peaceful we've ever been for the past two years.” Nako peeked from the book she's holding.

“I'm really okay here too. I'm not even bored.” Hitomi replied, not straying her eyes from the screen.

“Of course you aren't, you're too busy post processing and editing the videos we've taken when it's supposed to be MY JOB.” Sakura grumbled.

“Don't you have something better to do other than whine? Go stalk Dr. Eunbi or something.” Nako rolled her eyes.

“I did that three days ago and I can't believe I can't even stalk her in peace. Chaeyeon is always there helping her with her rounds in the village. UGH.” Sakura was not happy at all.

“Hiichan, can't you tell us your plans now that we're here and so that Sakuchan stops grumbling. I can't concentrate.” Nako closed her book and approached Hitomi who was too busy with her laptop.

“Done. I've finally decided what we're gonna do.” Hitomi faced her two friends.

“Huh? Just now? I swear Honda Hitomi I will mush your cheeks if this is a idea.” Sakura threatened her.

“Look.” Hitomi made them look at her laptop screen.

Playing on the screen was a montage of everything that happened in the past week. Sakura was surprised, she knew Hitomi had a knack for taking gorgeous pictures but to be able to actually film and edit something as smooth as this was beyond her judgment. She could see her shots come to life with the right lighting, framing and stability. The place looked a whole lot more magical than it seems to be. Several clips included Eunbi, Chaeyeon, Nako, Sakura and mostly, Chaewon.

Nako, too, was baffled at how Hitomi managed to make the video in a short amount of time and without them noticing her doing it. The small girl was awestruck the moment Chaewon enters the frame. Hitomi managed to capture her in the most enchanting way possible.

“Well?” Hitomi closed her laptop. “It's only the teaser for our next project. The reason why I wanted to do this is because I wanna connect to the next place we'll visit. I want us to stay longer and become one with the place. I want us to make this another home.”

“Okay. But we need something more concrete so we have something to work on.” Sakura wore her glasses and began her thinking pose.

“Choosing Yuchiri was random right? I don't know anything here. There's no information about it on the net too, but it's absolutely beautiful. The old structures, the mountain, the fields, the plains, the farm, the people… the world needs to see all of these! And I'm sure behind it there are more content worthy stuff that we should feature!” They could feel Hitomi's enthusiasm from her words.

“Okay. I get where you're coming from. How are we gonna feature Yuchiri's beauty though? We don't have enough material.” Nako added.

“We'll recruit more members to help us with the content.”

“It's not the three of us anymore?” Nako lowered her head.

“Who do you have in mind?” Sakura asked.

“Chaewon. Look at her. She looks ethereal.” Hitomi showed her pictures from the Forest. “She knows all about this place, she knows how to project to the camera, she's absolutely perfect!” Hitomi started blabbering. She truly doesn't let anything stop her once something catches her eye.

“And if she doesn't agree? She's probably too busy as the heir to this inn! Can't we get Eunbi to do it instead?” Sakura whined.

“Eunbi's too busy with her doctor duties. Chaeyeon won't go anywhere without Chaewon. And besides there's not a lot of stuff to do here in the inn.”

“Wow hiichan, you really thought this through.” Nako complimented her.

“We still aren't sure if Chaewon would agree full time.” Sakura added.

“Oh. We'll get that covered.” Hitomi showed them a smirk. The three huddled and Hitomi started telling them about her plan.

“ehhhhhh? I have to do that? Just that?” Sakura looked at the two girls. Cheeky smiles answered her with a nod. Sakura face palmed.

 

+++

 

Behind Sakura were two snickering small girls pushing her to enter the room. First, Sakura peeked inside and two heads below hers were peeking as well. Inside the admin office of the inn, they found Chaewon seated beside an old lady. From the looks of it, she was in a serious discussion with the lady. At the waiting area of the office, Chaeyeon found herself seated while reading a magazine. The odd scene caught the blonde’s attention.

“Uhm. Is there something you need?” Chaeyeon asked. Sakura entered the room.

“Oh. It’s just you.” Chaeyeon resumed reading her magazine. Sakura felt offended and it put her on the offense immediately. Nako and Hitomi gave each other a high five and left the area.

“What do you mean it’s just me?! What the ! I’m your guest here, rem----?!” Sakura screamed inside the office but was cut off when Chaeyeon covered and dragged her outside. Once they were out of the office, Sakura bit her finger.

“OUCH! WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING?” Chaeyeon removed her hand from the japanese girl’s mouth.

“WHAT THE WERE YOU DOING DRAGGING ME OUT LIKE THAT?!” Sakura exclaimed.

“YOU’RE THE ONE WHO ING STARTED THIS.” Chaeyeon took Sakura by the collar. Sakura responded by getting hers.

“I IGN STARTED THIS???? YOU DID YOU LITTLE !” Sakura’s grip on the girl’s collar tightened. This agitated Chaeyeon even more.

“WELL YOU TOO!” Chaeyeon was about to punch Sakura in the face when a hand stopped hers from hitting the blonde’s face.

“Care to explain what’s happening here?” A womanly voice entered the scene. Behind her, she saw Nako and Hitomi. Sakura eyed the two and the two small japanese girls just smiled at her.

“Wait. I can explain.” Chaeyeon removed her hands on Sakura’s collar. “She bit me.”

“Because?” Eunbi asked, she took a look at Chaeyeon’s hands.

“It’s only because you dragged me out with your hands on my mouth!” Sakura removed Eunbi’s hands from Chaeyeon’s. “I swear, I will report you.”

“On what basis?” Chaeyeon asked.

“You dragged me forcefully. You took me by the collar FIRST. And you were about to punch me.” Sakura gave a smug look.

“You don’t even have proof.” Chaeyeon replied.

“I mean, I don’t wanna put you guys in a more bad mood but… when we were with Dr. Eunbi, we were kinda filming and we somehow got a full video of everything..” Hitomi slightly bowed her head. She underestimated Chaeyeon’s patience but she has to play it cool for the plan to work. Chaeyeon felt like she was being pinned down.

“Okay. What can we do to appease you? Just don’t report this or it’ll put the Inn in a much more bad place.” Chaeyeon replied.

“I apologize for Chaeyeon’s action. I’ll bring this to the General Manager and she’ll reprimand Chaeyeon in whatever she deems appropriate.” Eunbi bowed and separated the two.

“If I report her… what happ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter