Chapter 7: Late Night Inspirations

An Unappreciated Anticipation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Song Recommendation: Ravi & Ken "Rose."

Chapter 7:

Ravi woke up in the middle of night, his throat dry. He blinked the sleepiness away from his eyes and then slowly sat up. Groaning as he got out of the warm sheets and the cold air hit him.

He noticed he wasn't in his own room but before he could panic, he thankfully recalled that it’s Jaehwan’s house. He doesn’t remember how he got into his room. He only remembers crying at Dumbledore’s death AGAIN but then nothing.

I must’ve fallen asleep. Did he bring me here?

He looked at Jaehwan’s small frame sleeping on the other side of the bed, heart thrumming at the sight. He was laying on his side, on hand underneath his face and full lips puckered. His heart warmed impossibly at the sight.

 How did he manage? 

Jaehwan was obviously smaller than him and although he felt bad for bothering Jaehwan like this, he really didn’t wanna sleep on the couch. 

He slowly got out of the bed and eventually out of the room, shutting the door carefully behind him. He padded towards the kitchen wearing the cute bunny indoor slippers Jaehwan had given him, opened the fridge and found a bottle of sparkling water. As he drank a sip he noticed the window again.

The view it gave was really captivating. He walked to the window and took in everything. Seoul was so awake all the time. So energetic. There was this frenzy in the air always, even in the dead of night.

The air around him was quiet, but even he could feel the energy as he gazed at the other side of the river, where everything was illumanited, alive.

It was a really aesthetic (yes I just used that word). He drank more water and took a seat on the floor cushion facing the wall-like enormous window. He saw some papers on a nearby corner table and some pens.

Perfect. He was just getting inspired.
.
.
Jaehwan woke up as his alarmed once again blared near his ear. One day he would voluntarily break it. He burrowed his face in the pillow and felt the space next to him with his outstretched hand, frowning when it was empty.

He got up, frown in place and went around the house thinking maybe Wonshik left but was stood corrected when he found him sleeping on the floor, various papers surrounding him.

He slowly padded to him, and crouched down picking up a paper, surprise evident on his face as he read the lyrics on it.


The moonlight shines on us
In the moment we share glances
Eternally frozen
Drunk off the atmosphere
You are beautiful
Your beautiful silhouette makes me crazy
You are beautiful
Your hands in mine


He glances at Ravi’s sleeping form and for some reasons unknown he feels his cheeks heating. He reads more from another seemingly discarded paper,

I come back to place
Fighting with the me of today
These worries keep repeating

Foolishness and wisdom come and go
I hope I mature in the meantime
Mobius Strip
At the end of this path
I hope my dreams are there

Jaehwan furrows his brows as he reads more , Ravi takes that moment to get up.

“Jae-hyung?” he asks in that husky voice of his. Jaehwan immediately gathers himself,

“Yes, you’re up? Wanna get something to eat?” His asks eyes running over Ravi’s luscious caramel locks.
Ravi nods and then sees the sheet in Jaehwan’s hand, his eyes immediately widen and Jaehwan gets the message.

“H-hyung gimme that,” Jaehwan moves his hand away as Ravi gets up to snatch it from him.

“No can do~” He gets up and starts running around the house with the younger on his tails running around in circles.

“Hyung its nothing!!! Just hand it to me please.” Jaehwan chuckles at his whining,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter