Chapter 10: Wedding bells and Daffodils

An Unappreciated Anticipation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double Update! Please read the chapter before this one. Enjoy :)

Chapter 10:

Jaehwan took a sip from his coffee, its taste waking him up a bit as he dragged his half asleep to the couch. He took his phone and checked his notifications. He smiled seeing one from Wonshik as he bid him good night. No matter how busy they were they would always bid each other good morning, or good night, They started it as a joke like how robots had done it in that one anime and somehow it became a habit. Their small inside joke.

He continued scrolling and read their previous conversations, smiling and occasionally chuckling like a child. Wonshik, that kid always brought out the fun side he hadn’t known he had before.

Do you know what Instant coffee does to a totally asleep brain?

It opens the door wide for extremely non-lucid thoughts, Like isn’t my fiancé’s brother such a cutie? And 'I miss him' instead of 'I miss her' and 'I want to see him' instead of 'I want to see her'.

Jaehwan sighed on defeat as he rested his head on the back of the couch.

What did that thing in the kitchen meant anyways? And whats up with Jongin all of a sudden?

This is so not  good.

.

-

The following weeks, Ravi got busy with his work. He was having fun and he was in a good mood since he got deals for his compositions. He still talked to Jaehwan. They were too alike and the elder was so much fun. Whenever he would try to bring up the family dinner Ravi would just turn the course of the conversation, so eventually Jaehwan just stopped. And so two and a half weeks passed just like that. The small mishap in the kitchen thrown to the back of their minds.

Wonshik was conflicted, and he thought that there is no use lying to atleast himself. So he understood that he loved Jaehwan, and he loved him still too much to jeopardize anything.

It wasn’ t a huge dramatic realization , it was shameful to him.

How could he do that to his own sister? But then a ngging voice that suspiciously sounded like Leo in his mind would tell him that he technically hadn’t done anything at all. Which was fine for the most part except Jaehwan was always so endearing, so pretty with his gliterring eyes and beauitdul smile that Wonshik found himself falling deeper and deeper still.

So Wonshik decided to train himself. To be happy for them.

At nights, he would stay awake, thinking of Ji Won and Jaehwan together.He tried to be happy for them. 

It wasn’t about getting over him, it was simply about acceptance.

And after a lot of practice , the thought of both of them being together didn’t bother him as much. Whenever he thought about them, his mind would just be blank. Like the sky is blue, grass is green , Jaehwan loves Ji Won.

 

So when he got the invitation card, he smiled, thinking that its finally time to properly let go.

 

*

*

*

Their wedding was held indoors in a ballroom with beautiful rose gold and burgundy tones. Instead of going for a trendy theme, Ji Won opted for the classic, sophisticated, timeless elegance that was both chic and refined as her wedding theme.

Soft peonies along with gold trinkets on each table and on the vases wih rose scented candles, soft gold and white cutlery and the perfect champagne to go with it all. The buffet was also well arranged, Ji Won having looked over everything herself. Ravi was so proud of her. She had really put her heart and soul into this. He nodded to the wedding planner who was actually Ji Won’s assistant. She had helped her and he could see all their assistants and helpers making sure everything was perfect and well coordinated. Their parents were absolutely delighted.

He excused himself from Taekwoon and Hongbin (they were all swarmed by the ladies and aunts anyways) so that he could visit Ji Won in the brides’ room.

-

His sister looked beautiful in her gown. Her happiness at the occasion only adding to her beauty and the glmmer in her eyes hard to ignore. He entered the dress room after knocking, and the bridesmaids excused themselves, bowing and leaving hurridenly as he caught a few smiles thrown his way. He closed the door and Ji won looked at him through the mirror. He came and stop in front for her and gave her a peck on her forehead,

“You look beautiful princess” She giggled,

“Of course I do…do you think he will like it?” She asked in a small insecure voice. Wonshik paused, throat suddenly very thick, he swallowed the lump and replied as a good brother should,

“Of course he will, he’ll love it I'm sure. You look incredible.” He assured her, noticing her trembling hands, he held them between his own equally shaky ones, but he could blame it on the fact that his sister was getting married and he was emotional. Not too far off the mark either.

“Nervous?” She released

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter