Chapter 9: Dinner Date and Hot Doctors

An Unappreciated Anticipation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9:

 

Leo got back into his apartment, the entire time he was lost in thoughts.

 

"He loves Ji Wonie. Its as obvious as the stars in the sky. He treasures her and I could ask for nothing more.”

 

“ I’m sort of glad in that sense that he doesn’t remember me. If he’s happy now then I wouldn’t want to ruin it… He acts like all of that doesn’t exist.

 

He is an R&D Manager in some big pharmaceutical company, I don’t know how he went from practical music to, to whatever qualification u need for something like that but..if its something he wishes to bury, then I wouldn’t want it to surface. If I was part of something he wishes didn’t exist, then I at least wish to be a part of his happy future. I couldn’t do anything before because I was weak and a coward but now, now I’ll ensure nothing bad happens to him.” It sounded more as if he was convincing himself. But Leo wasn’t going to let the past repeat itself. No. So he said what was needed to be said, although he was still a bit unsure.

 

“You still love him” Love was either a very strong word, or a very meager one. But Wonshik was not a child now. He wasn’t immature like he was back then

 

Wonshik shook his head and Leo felt relieved for a millisecond. But then,

 

“Honestly I dont know. Its. Likely just lingering attachment.” He paused but then continued with a small nostalgic smile

 

“He has changed so much yet didn’t one bit. His smile is just the same. That’s all that matters. As long as he got that smile back, because of Ji Won even, I’m okay with just watching him from afar.”

 

Again?

 

What kind of ed up thinking is that? 

 

“It’s going to be hard.” Taekwoon said instead.

 

Wonshik looked up with an expression Taekwoon wishes to never see on him again.

 

“I guess so. But I’ll be fine really. I’m not greedy. You know that hyung. ”

 

That’s the problem. He isn’t greedy for his own happiness.

 

“Besides that..i haven’t been seeing anyone for a long time now…and me and him. We are impossible anyways..he is my sister’s fiancé for crying out loud.” He laughed loud in the silence and just for his sake, Leo smiled too. Wonshik would be assured of his lie that way.

 

Both of them went quite after that. After some time, Ravi let out a defeated sigh and put his head on Leo’s lap and laid down. Leo caressed his head.

 

It was clear that Ravi didn’t have much of a choice. He didn’t deserve this. But what can he do except…cope with it. Leo sighed, this was just too ed up.

 

The problem isn’t how he used to love him really or how he suddenly showed up after all these years, it’s that he returned as the man who is impossibly in love with his beloved sister. Wonshik was crushed. On one hand was his sister’s happiness, and on the other hand his own. And he would go to any lengths for his sister. And he sure as hell wasn’t gonna let his relationship with Jaehwan be ruined because of his confusion.

 

*

 

*

 

The following week, Ji Won returned from her trip. So they were going to do a small celebration for it. Nothing too fancy just a nice dinner. At Jaehwan’s apartment.

“Ah.. I don’ know if I’ll be able to make it.”

“Come on! You have to come. This Friday alright? Bring Taekwoon and Hongbin over too if they can make it! Hwanni’e is also inviting one of his friends” She insisted.

And with that the line went dead.

 

Hwannie. I bet he'd like the sound of "Jae" more.

It was a passing thought something so sudden but he stilled. What am I even thinking?

 

On a lighter tone, it might be fun.

 

.

 

.

 

To: Ra-poop 9:48 p.m

You coming this Friday?

To: Ra-poop 9:48 p.m

Heyyy you there? Stop watching you teen

To: Cutie jyannie <3 9:50 p.m

Yea sorry hyung I was taking a bath and NOT watching …and im 23 for goodness’ sake!

. Yes Ji Won told me. I’ll be coming. :)

To: Ra-poop 9:51 pm

Oh that’s great! Don’t be late okay?

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter