2. Stuck On

WHITE LIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to Sunggyu - Stuck On while reading this chapter! ^^ 

Friday—one day before her parent arrival from Busan. Eunji has been really busy with a variety of works, including running errands for Kim Sunggyu who decided to fire his assistants yesterday for God knows why and pulled her out of her own team to work directly under him until he found a substitute. It must be really great to be him, two days ago he said he couldn’t do anything about her promotion, then he pulled something like this. She would choose her previous position any days. He gave her so much headache in the span of 48 hours. It was the new level of hell. Meanwhile, everyone looked at her with a jealous stare and muttering how lucky she was.

“Yeah, so damn lucky!” she grumbled while entering the last project data into her worksheet and proceed to print the full report and continue grumbling, “They have no idea how annoying Kim Sunggyu—” she stopped when someone knocked on her desk, when she looked up from the computer screen, she found Kim Sunggyu standing tall in front of her cubicle, staring at her with an unimpressed expression. He didn’t hear that, right? She asked herself while staring back at him innocently.

“You might want to keep that to yourself, Jung Eunji...” Okay, he definitely heard that! She gulped down and gave him an awkward smile. He didn’t smile back at her, he kept his stoic expression and continued talking, “Are you not going to brief me about the weekend?”

“What?” She furrowed her brows, he gave her a look, then she remembered, “Oh, thank God you remind me. I almost forget about it...” she said, starting to get panic. How could she forget about the important dinner with Sunggyu and her parent on the weekend?  

He shook his head and scoffed. “You’re the worst planner ever, why did I hire you again?” Eunji scowled, easy for him to say that. Unlike her, he didn’t have to juggle several tasks at once.

Wait a minute, why is he here? He normally called her using intercom when he needed something. “Why are you here?” she whispered and looked around just to find several heads turned while the others shooting furtive glances at them.

“I just finished my meeting...” he said. “And I can be wherever I want, it doesn’t concern you...” he added again, still expressionless.

She had to fight down the urge to roll her eyes at his obnoxious remarks. So annoying! she thought before cleared and asked him, “Do you want to talk about that here?”

“Do you think I’m crazy?” he lowered his tone. She shrugged. “My office, Ms. Jung!” he barked, “And don’t forget to bring me the full report of the lastest field survey and new presentation revision...” he added again as he walked away from her cubicle. Eunji groaned when he disappeared to his office, with an indignant huffed she clicked on the half-complete report and print it.

Several minutes later she handed him the report and get ready to get an earful about the time management to support the work performance. “You haven’t finished it yet...” he flipped to the next pages, then sighed. “Do you know why I fired Mr. Sunghoon?” he closed the report files and put it away. She shook her head, nervously. “He half-assed his tasks because he thought I’ll go easy on him since he’s my distant relative...” he continued again. She blinked. “You understand what am I saying, right?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter