9. Charmed

WHITE LIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eunji...” Eunji was waiting in line to get her lunch when she heard a deep baritone voice called her. She turned around and found an ash-brown haired guy in denim winter coat waving at her from one of the tables in the Coffee Project—one of the brunch cafe around Grenstone.

“Hey, look who’s back...” Eunji smiled broadly at the latter, Kang Seungyoon, one of her Busan’s friend. He grinned back at her and gave him a friendly hug. “It’s been a while. What are you doing here?” she asked him as they break away from each other. They were junior high school mates back in Busan. They used to hang out once in while since but since she landed a job at Grenstone and he started traveling around the globe for his job, they barely meet up. Seungyoon is one of the writers for Travellers, travel magazine in town.

“I’m hiding from someone...” he said then laughed sheepishly.

“Let me guess, your editor?” he just laughed. “I’ll take that as—ups, a moment...” he nodded. Eunji got back to the order counter when she heard the waiter called her queue number.

Several moments later Eunji slides down in front of Seungyoon with her strawberry pancake and hot cappuccino. “Deadline?” she inclined her head at the laying MacBook on the table.

“I’m stuck...” he said then laughed softly.

“Are you sure this the right place for hiding?” Eunji laughed and takes a bite of her pancake.

“You know the guesthouse around the corner?” she nodded. “I’m staying there for time being...” he said. “I just got back from Japan and there she was waiting for me in the lobby of my condo, so I run away...” he explained and giggled.

“Who? Your hot editor? You should date her, you know...” she . “Who knows, she’ll show you some mercy ...” he rolled his eyes.

“No freaking way...” he grimaced. “She probably would kill me if I asked her out...” both of them laughed.

“So, how was your trip? Are you there for the coverage?”

He nodded then said, “I was covering the winter festival at Sapporo, it was fun...”

“I’m so jealous of that part of your job...” Eunji mused. “I wished I could leave that grey building for a couple of weeks...” she added again, staring gloomily at the Grenstone building across the cafe.

Seungyoon laughed then joked, “You could leave, you know...”

“Then what? Become unemployed?”  

“Yeah that or you could get married to that filthy-rich boss of yours...” he grinned.

“Oh, God! Not you too...” Eunji groaned and sipped her drink.

“What?” he raised his brows at her.

“Why do people keep telling me to get married?” she grumbled.

He chuckled at her remark. “I don’t know. Maybe you got that face...”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter