5. Aftertaste

WHITE LIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks went by, after the chaos dinner night thankfully everything back to normal. By normal she meant Kim Sunggyu went back into a total jerk boss he was, nagging and lecturing her all the time, especially after one of his alpha team failed to secure the new project. He gave them one week of hell to get the deal back on the table. She would feel slightly bad for them if it didn’t affect her at all, too bad it did. Sunggyu’s mood wasn’t stable since then. It was really hard to impress him. 

“Have you told your mom yet?” Sunggyu asked her one afternoon after their lunch break. 

“Huh? About what?” she stared at him with a confused expression. 

He tore away his attention from his phone screen to her, giving her the exasperated look. “That we broke up, you said you’re going to take care everything...” he continued again.

“Oh, that...” she exclaimed. God! How could she completely forget about that? “Mm..not yet...” she murmured low then looking away at the painting on the wall. 

“Don’t you feel bad at all?” he asked her. “Because I do. They treated me so well and nice, and it bothered me that they knew nothing about the whole scheme...” he continued again. “I should never help you in the first place...” Yeah! That was my wish as well, Eunji answered him in her head. “So, when are you going to tell them?” he asked her again. 

“I was planning to tell them this week...” she muttered. “..but I’ve got so many things to do this week, so I kinda forget about it but don’t worry I’ll talk to them sooner...” she reassured him. “Besides you would never see them again...” she mumbled.

“Oh! That supposed to make me feel better about helping you to scam your nice parent right?” he commented with a sarcastic tone.  

“That’s not what I mean—” 

“You better resolved this sooner or I‘ll do it for you...” he interrupted her plead. She nodded and left his office feeling annoyed. He acted all saint when he was the one who keeps burying her with workload the whole week and of course, she felt bad about lying to her parent about their fake relationship. 

***

Eunji strolled lazily in the kitchen hardware shelf at one of the 24 hours shopping center around Grenstone since she has no time to get her daily necessities somewhere else. It almost 11 PM when she spotted someone looked like Kim Sunggyu pushing a trolley while chatting animatedly with a pretty girl who held his arm possessively.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter