4. Sleepover

WHITE LIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ugh. So. Annoying!” she grumbled low as she put the shopping bags on the table. 

“What’s so annoying?” Mom asked her as she put away the tableware into the kitchen sink.

“You...I hate you...” Eunji pursed her lips at her. Mom laughed and ruffled her hairs. “How could you tell him about that? It’s embarrassing...” she complained. “He’s still my boss in our workplace...”

“So what? It’s the story about him though...” she raised her brows playfully at her. 

“He didn’t have to know that details...” she pouted.

“Why not? That’s such a sweet coincidence. Both of you are meant for each other...” said mom again. As if! “And you should see his expression, he loved it...” Of course, he loved it! He just discovered her other weaknesses. He probably can’t wait to pick on her. “Anyway, I like him. Good-looking, well-established and most importantly, he has a good personality. You have good eyes for men....” Yeah, totally! “He’s such a perfect husband material for you...” Mom added again.

“Husband???” Eunji dropped one of the Hotteok on the table out of shock. She opened then closed it again, speechless. “Mom, promise me you won’t talk about marriage or other weird stuff tonight...” she warned Mom after recovered from her shock. 

“Why? Both of you are high functioning adults, there’s nothing weird about discussing marriage with your loved ones...” said mom nonchalantly. “Besides, a man like him is hard to come by...” Mom winked at her.

“Mooom...” She whined again, Mom laughed then walked away with four glasses of hot chocolates and Hotteok Sunggyu bought for them to the living room.

Eunji stomped off her feet on the kitchen floor, feeling annoyed and frustrating. This was not how she expected things to be. Yeah, it was great that her parent bought the whole story about Sunggyu being her perfect boyfriend, but still, this whole scam is going too well. She started to get worried about what would happen next. Maybe she should send Sunggyu home before Mom talked about marriage and other weird stuff about her to him. She heaved a deep sighed then followed Mom to the living room.  

She found Sunggyu and her dad were talking animatedly to each other. What a rare view! Sunggyu never struck her as the social butterfly type before, most of the time he looked rather pissed or expressionless— mysterious and cool, said her coworkers— perhaps she was wrong all this time or maybe he had a double personality disorder.

“What did I miss?” mom asked them as she put the tray full of hot chocolates and Hotteok on the table.

“We’re just talking about the weather, they send another warning to stay off the road...” Dad answered her. 

“That doesn’t sound good. I hope people stay inside...” said mom, looking slightly worried. “For how long they said dear?” she asked again.

“Until further notice, usually until tomorrow morning...” dad said again.

“Tomorrow morning??” Eunji gasped and looked at Sunggyu in reflex.

“It probably won’t be that bad, I can go back—” 

“What? No!” mom interrupted Sunggyu’s words and shook her head firmly. “It’s still dangerous driving in the extreme weather like this...” she continued again. “You should stay over and go back tomorrow morning. It’s Sunday after all, so no work right?” Eunji’s mouth fell open as the full effect of mom’s sudden suggestion. She knew Mom was right, it’s dangerous but there’s no way she would let Sunggyu sleepover.

“But...” Both of her and Sunggyu said that at the same time.  

“Oh, come on...” Mom gives them a look. “I’m sure this is not the first time you two stay together and having a sleep—”

“Mom!!!” Eunji stopped her and started blushing like crazy at her remarks.

“What? Your dad and me also young once, nothing’s wrong with that, as long as you two being responsible...” she said nonchalantly while munching her Hotteok.

Eunji couldn’t believe that mom just suggested her and Sunggyu sleep together in the same room. She turned toward Sunggyu, looking for h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter