3. Secret

WHITE LIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There’s heavy snowfall and extreme cold warning tonight. Will Sunggyu make it?” asked Mom as she put the last the side dishes on the dining table. They’re having a Bulgogi for dinner. Just by looking at the dining table, mom’s outdoing herself. The last time Eunji saw so many side dishes in the table was during Chuseok holiday at her grandma’s.

“A warning? l haven’t check my phone since we got back...” she responded to her.

“Yes, honey. Maybe you should call Sunggyu, it could be dangerous driving on this extreme weather...” mom suggested. She nodded and walked away to her get her phone.

After she made a phone call to Sunggyu, she walked out of her room, “Sunggyu oppa said he almost here...” she informed mom.

"Almost here?” mom’s eyes glistened, looking really excited to meet him. She looked away from her and chewed her lips, feeling guilty. “I hope he loves barbecue, everyone loves barbecue...” she murmured, more to herself. She shook her head at mom’s antic and flopped down beside dad who’s jamming the primetime news.

Several minutes after she called Sunggyu, mom still pacing back and forth in front of them, checking this and that. “Mom stop fiddling the dishes, he’ll be here in—” before she finished the sentence the door’s bell ring. “Oh, I think that’s him...” she rose up from the couch and walked to the door, feeling slightly nervous with mom and dad watching her back.

She hurriedly opened the door and there stood Sunggyu in his beige knitted turtleneck paired with a knee-length black coat holding two different size shopping bags. He looked so different from his office-look, he looked so boyfriend in those outfits. “I’m freezing...” he mumbled, slightly shivering from the cold. She blinked and quickly stepped aside, letting him inside. She cursed herself for being distracted by his appearance. “Hold this...” He handed over the shopping bag to her then took off his coat.

“What is it?” she whispered at him, cautiously.

“Gifts and Hotteok...” he replied as he hangs up his coat then pulling her into a brief hug.

“What are you doing?” she hissed when he’s pulling away from her, completely taken aback by his action.

“Improvise...” he said between his smile. Ugh, she should never suggest that to him in the first place. “If you can’t keep up with me, you’ll give us away...” he whispered then smiled brightly at her parent. She wanted to smack him in the face but then she realized she can’t do anything at this moment, not while mom and dad watching them in amusement. She gave him a warning look before beckoned him to follow her.

“Mom, Dad, this is Sunggyu oppa...” she introduced him to both of her parents. Sunggyu bowed and greeted both of them politely. Both mom and dad look pleased with him.

“It must be really cold outside, right?” mom asked him as they stood there in awkward silence. He smiles and nodded. “Well, in that case, a nice and warm dinner will help you...” Mom said again and urged all of them to the dining area.

Sunggyu laughed softly. “It wasn’t that cold when I left earlier...” he muttered as he slides down in one of the chairs in the dining table. Eunji slides down beside him, after putting down the shopping bags on the couch.

“You’ve got the warning too, right?” Dad asked him. He nodded.

“Thank you...” he murmured when Eunji put a bowl of rice in front of him. Mom shooted a broad smile.

“How is the soup? I hope it suits

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter