6. Chance

WHITE LIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following week dragged by. Eunji still couldn’t get the image of Sunggyu with his girl out of her mind no matter how much she tried to brush it off. She didn’t know why knowing that bother her so much. It wasn’t like she in love with him or anything or did she? Ugh, she hated having this torturous monolog with herself. Why did she have to go through this kind of thing alone while Sunggyu acted as if nothing happened and casually dumped her a mountain of paperwork?

“How’d he even do that?” she grumbled while rearranged another draft for their tomorrow presentation and take an exasperated sigh at the stack of the folder on her desk. This freaking job was driving her nuts. If only she could— Her train of thought interrupted by sudden vibrated from her phone and displayed mom caller id. Why does mom call her at this hour— Oh no! She promised to give her a call three days ago. 

“Yes, Mom...” she greeted her after cleared .    

“Where are you, sweetheart? I’m in your office lobby...” Mom greeted her back in a cheery tone.

“Oh you did...wait, where??” she started to panic the second she realized what mom just said. “Ok, mom listen to me, just stay where you are and wait for me! I’ll come down right away...” she said again as she rushed toward the elevator. Mom showed up in her workplace and met Sunggyu was the last thing she needs right now.

“God, can this thing move faster?” she grumbled while shooting an irritated glare at the floor indicator panel, earned curious glance from two other people on the elevator. She ignored them and started to pray for Sunggyu to stay as far away as possible from the lobby. 

After what seems like forever, the elevator stopped on her floor. She hurried to the front office area and spotted her mom sitting on one of the emerald green lounge chairs in the reception area. Mom waved excitedly when she saw her walking towards her. “Mom, why aren’t you tell me that you in Seoul?” she panted slightly her and gave her a brief hug.

“I wanted to tell you beforehand but I don’t want to bother you. I know you’ve been busy with work and stuff, you haven’t called me back since three days ago...” she said as they break away from each other.

“Ah, phone call, I’m sorry mom. Something came up so I forgot to give you a call...” she explained, feeling slightly guilty.

“I got it, sweetheart...” mom said. “...I never expected your workplace would be this fancy and nice...” she added while looking around the reception area.

She followed her admiring gaze and said, “Yes, it’s beautiful...” She agreed with mom. Grenstone’s design interior was indeed quite cool, a combination of various shades of green, white and gray colors. She kinda liked it. “Ah, right mom, where’s Dad? Are you alone?” Mom nodded. She raised her eyebrows at her. Mom rarely traveled alone without her dad. It must be important. “So, why are you here again?”

“I was visiting my friend, Mrs. Lee Nayoung, remember?” Eunji nodded. “She just had the surgery yesterday on the hospital near your workplace. So, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter