CH. 7: Who Knew?

There Was Him, Then Me

                “Oh, uhm…hi, Ae Chae…” Taemin spoke in that tone that signified he was in deep trouble. The girl glared at me head to toe. Her flawless skin wrinkled as her eyebrows knitted together.

                “Oh, I’m Park Eun Mi.”  I answered for Taemin. She ignored me and instead grabbed onto his arm. I wish I could say I wasn’t jealous in the least, but I am human. Her pouty face made me want to punch her.

                “Taemin-oppa!!” she whined. “You promised to dance with me tonight!” Taemin looked at her in exasperation. He glanced between her and me. The girl looked back at me and said in a irking childish voice.

                “What’s so special about her? Is she your girlfriend?” The way she said girlfriend was entirely too menacing for that childish face and Taemin knew it too.

                “W-what? No way. You know I d-don’t go for girls like her…” His demeanor changed almost entirely. He was once again that strange Taemin at the auditions. Ae Chae put on a smirk and looked me over.

                “You’re right. She’s too ugly to be your girlfriend. Mianhe!(sorry)” She giggled and grabbed his arm, dragging him off. I was left standing there wondering what happened to Taemin and who that girl was.

                “Don’t take that too harshly…He doesn’t mean it.” A voice spoke from behind me. I turned to see none other but the great Choi Minho. He had a suit on and his masquerade mask was to the side of his head. His red hair was tied back half up, half down and he wore a knowing smile on his face.

                “It’s just how he is around her.” Minho chuckled slightly. “I feel sorry for him actually. The producer’s only daughter chose to fancy him better than the rest of us.”

                “Oh Mianhe! It’s rude of me not to tell you my name. I’m-“

                “Choi Minho.” I finished for him. “How could I not recognize you?”

                He looked a bit thrown off but smiled. “Oh right, Mianhe! But who are you, may I ask?”

                Now I felt rude. “I’m Park Eun Mi.”

                ‘Oh! You’re that girl Jonghyun’s been raving about! You were really good at the auditions. It’s nice to actually meet you.” He held out his hand. I reached out to shake but he bowed and kissed my hand instead. I flustered at the gesture.

                “Minho-hyung! Don’t do that!” Jonghyun’s voice broke through. As I looked passed he was dragging around two people: Key and a bleached brown haired man I recognized as Onew.

                I smiled slightly as Jonghyun was panting and slapped Minho’s arm. “She’s Taemin’s remember? You can’t just kiss her hand like that!”

                Minho chuckled again, pushing Jonghyun away. “It’s more like she’s yours, Jonghyun-hobbo” Jonghyun blushed furiously at his comment.

                “That’s not it at all! Why you-…! Wait…How did it go with Taemin?” he said, turning towards me. I hated his short attention span.

                “We danced…” I replied, nonchalantly. I sighed a bit and turned to look at Taemin and Ae Chae dance on the floor. They were locked in a simple two step dance, and it looked like she was stepping on his toes.

                “Why is he out there with her?” Key said in disgust. Minho shook his head and smiled again.

                “You know how it is. He can get fired if he doesn’t. She could ruin him.”

                “That’s exactly why I hate her…” Key huffed. Jonghyun put a hand on my shoulder and led me out onto the dance floor as a slow song started to play.

                “Well…With her here, we’ll never get anything passed here. So why not enjoy it a little?” Jonghyun said. His expression had changed as I looked up at his face. It was a bit softer then usual. I glared at him as I felt his hand on my waist. “Ya! Don’t glare at me! It’s just part of the dance.” He whined and started a waltz with me. He spun me around and I smiled a bit as he did. Jonghyun may be an idiot but he made me feel better….

 

 

                The dance seemed like a dream when I woke up the next morning. My mouth felt numb and my hair was a mess. I looked around and jumped up. This wasn’t my room…

                I threw back the covers of the bed I was on and threw open the door.

                “Ahhhh…” A quiet voice said in pain. I looked down to see Onew on the floor with porridge spilt down his shirt and a red mark on his forehead that looked like it was forming into a bump.

                “Mianhe!” I gasped and helped him up. “Onew-nim, I didn’t mean too…”

                “It’s ok…” He stated, looking a bit nervous. “I should be saying sorry… We bought you home because you fell asleep in our limo and our place was closer. We already called your cousin.”

                Onew stood up and looked down at himself. His face scrunched up.

                “Well…breakfast is downstairs. I have to go change…” He said and backed away then started down the hall. I felt bad and looked down both sides of the hall. I followed the one that seemed to end in a stair case, passing rooms with names on it. The house was a traditional style and the wooden floor felt cold under my bare feet. I looked down to see I was wearing a long nightgown. Didn’t they have to change me…? My stomach churned. They’re not erts are they…?

                I made my way into the kitchen. The house was so big I was surprised I found it so quickly. Only Minho and Key were up.

                ‘Oh, you’re up! Wait, wasn’t Jinki supposed to bring you breakfast…?” Minho said, his brows knitting together. I shifted nervously.

                “I kind of…well…Anyway, who changed me? It better not be any of you, beh hyo jah!(ert)” I said, my face red in embarrassment. Minho and Key laughed.

                “No. Luckily our maids are on 24-hour duty.” They laughed some more as Onew walked in.

                “Where have you been?” Minho asked. “And why has your shirt changed?”

                “well, I kind of spilt the porridge…” Onew smiled a bit nervously. They smiled and Key shook his head.

“That’s just like you.” Key laughed and I smiled at Onew. He was pretty nice to take the fall here. I have to remember to do something nice for him later.

                Soon we heard footsteps and we all turned around to see Ae Chae walk down the steps…

My heart did a painful backflip as Taemin walked down after her…

 

Author's Note:

The main image used in this chapter is just to show you how Ae Chae would look like. Also, this is sort of taking place right after the Sherlock Album release so thats why you may notice the hair color change in this story.