Ch.4: Jonghyun say what now?

There Was Him, Then Me

 

“Eun Mi…?” Taemin asked, his eyebrows knitted in confusion. His brown eyes were wide in shock and his hands were clenched into tight fist.

                “You two know each other? “ Jonghyun asked with raised eyebrows.

                “Well, uhm…” were the only words that would emit from my lips. Taemin walked over to where we were standing and gave me a once look-over, almost completely ignoring Jonghyun.

“You’ve changed…” he said, his tone signifying the words were more to himself then to me. “You got rid of your bangs…and you got taller, thinner. When did you start wearing make-up?”  His gaze was intense as his hand reached up as if to touch my cheek.

“Well…you’ve changed too. You have blonde hair.” I stated, standing as tall as I could and trying not to show any signs of emotion. His hand stopped reaching midway and a smile broke through his expression as he let out a rather nervous sounding laugh.

                “Oh, heh, I guess so…” He scratched the back of his head. “well, how long has it been now? A year?”

                “Try three…” I said, trying not to sound too sarcastic. I had no reason to be impolite. He hadn’t done anything wrong yet. Get a hold of yourself…, I told myself in my head, he’s just another guy now. Stop it! I wanted to yell at my pounding heart. Someone must of heard it by now; it had been thumping louder than a drum.

                “wait, someone care to explain how you two became acquainted?” Jonghyun suddenly spoke up, breaking the awkward tension momentarily. Taemin broke his gaze rom me and looked at him with a wide (and admittedly beautiful) smile.

                “we use to go to school together…” Jonghyun nodded at my short explanation. With a chuckle, he leaned back and gave us a ‘yea right’ look.

                “Oh please, you guys dated, didn’t you? I’m not stupid.” Jonghyun laughed.

                “Oh you can be…” I muttered under my breathe but he didn’t seem to hear. Taemin let out a nervous laugh and punched Jonghyun lightly on the shoulder.

                “yea, right. Of course we didn’t go out, Habo!” he laughed. STAB! “ does she even look like my type? Nah, she’s too boy-ish for me, hyung!”STAB!!

                Ouch…I gave Taemin a hurt look that he seemed to ignore. Jonghyun gave him a smile.

                “well that’s good…” He said, with a tiny chuckle. “or I would’ve felt bad!”

                Taemin and I both gave him a strange look as he continued.

                “Well, she may not be your type, maknae, but she sure is mine.” Jonghyun smiled. My face turned red hot and I gasped.

                “w-what are y-?!” his hand clamped over my mouth before I said anymore.

                “You…want to date her…?” Taemin asked, his voice signifying his disbelief. His eyes showed some type of emotion I wasn’t very accustomed to…pain?

                “well, she hasn’t said yes yet. But of course she wouldn’t! not during the competition. It would look too suspicious, just in case she won!” Jonghyun made lying seem so easy. The words flowed like an effortless stream from his mouth! Gosh, this habo needed a slap across the head for this!

                “oh well, that’s cool. Well, hyung, I gotta go help Key-umma. I’ll…see you later, Eun Mi...” With that, Taemin was gone out the door. I nudged Jonghyun in the ribs, causing him to let my mouth go.

                “what was that for, habo!?” I whispered in a furious tone.

                “calm down, Eun Mi-ah! It’s all part of my game plan…” I raised an eyebrow at him and he chuckled. “I’m not stupid. I know there’s something going on with you two! You and Taemin are the worst liars ever! So what is it exactly?”

                I gave him an exasperated stare and he countered with a smirk. I sighed and took a seat on a near-by chair. “well, three years ago me and Taemin used to go to the same school. He was a heartthrob…least to say, I wasn’t immune to his charms…Well, it started out with a history project. He wanted to be my partner. Well, the project turned into a rather awkward scenario that ended up with me and him…well we started going out from that day onward. It was a short-lived, one-month relationship that I couldn’t get out of my mind until just a few months ago…”

                At the end of my story, I glanced up at Jonghyun who was staring off. “but now it’s back huh?” was all he said.

                “what’s back?” I asked, thoroughly confused. He gave me his signature smirk and ruffled my hair.

                “well, fine. I’m going to help you!” He said, with a victorious tone.

                “help me what?”

                “I’m going to help you and Taemin get back together!” He stated, fist in the air.

 

                Oh crap…..