Six

Inhumans

“Steady your breathing,” Sehun instructs, “Hold it tightly, but not too tightly.”

“I feel like I’m too nervous for this,” I complain, looking down the sights as my hands keep shaking. My heart was beating fast, as I try hard not to show how much holding one of these is bothering me.

“You operate on people,” Jongdae points out, standing on the other side of me. He places his head near mine, moving my arms a bit to the left. “You have had the life of someone in your hands, and yet firing a gun at a piece of paper makes you scared?”

“I wouldn’t say scared per say,” I mutter, taking more deep breathes, my hands still shaking.

“Then what exactly would you call us standing here for half an hour trying to get you to pull the trigger,” Sehun teased, a smirk in his voice. He crosses his arms, raising an eyebrow as he glances at my shaking hands.

“You know what, I would say scared,” I agree, “So how about we just don’t do this?”

“You should learn,” Junmyeon says from behind me in a calm, patient voice as he’s cleaning a gun on the table.

The room we’re in is the rooms with the pools. One was empty, the other was full with algae and untreated water. We were in the empty Olympic sized pool, the one used for racing and not diving. The floor was even and we stood about halfway. The end I was facing had papers with the outline of a person drawn on it. My hands continued to shake before I close my eyes. I feel my lip quivering.

Behind us, there was a couple of tabled that were brought down into the pool. Junmyeon was cleaning a few of them when we got here. There were firearms of all different types. From the weakest caliber to the strongest, from hand guns to sniper rifles. Some that were probably even stolen from the military.

I sign, opening my eyes, looking down the sights, I do my best to aim, and, finally, I pull the trigger. I hear a loud bang ringing my ears and my hands felt numb. The gun kicked back, but my grip was tight enough to keep it there.

“Finally,” Jongdae says with a laugh, “Granted, you missed the paper completely, but you finally fired it!”

My heart felt like it was in my throat, my hands shaking worse than before. Tears threatening to come out. I hand the gun to Jongdae, “And I’m never doing that again.” I turn towards the ladder they have set up to get out.

“Wait,” Sehun says, coming after me. “You can’t just quit!”

“I’ll learn to fight, but a gun is just too much,” I explain. “Look. I…” My voice cracks, “I just can’t!”

“Why,” Junmyeon questions, standing as I reach him.

“Guns are nothing but death. They’re only purpose is to kill. I can’t do it. It goes against everything I believe in. If I use them to hurt, I’m nothing but a hypocrite,” I say, continuing past to the ladder, keeping the real reason hidden. Thankfully, since I know when people are lying, I’ve learned how to become an exceptionally great liar. “I’m sorry, but guns is where I draw the line. I don’t care if you all use them, but I won’t.”

They were all quiet as I went up the ladder and start to walk towards the exit.
“Alright.”

Hearing that word made me stop. I turn to face them again before I reach the door.

“Alright,” Junmyeon says once more, turning to look at me. “If that’s where you draw the line, then we’ll respect that. But Y/N, there will be a day when you have to choose between using a gun or one of us getting killed. I just hope you don’t regret it.”

“If that day comes, then I’ll choose,” I say, my throat tightening as I hold back tears. Opening the door, I say, “But until then, no.”

My hands still stung as I walked through the halls. The loud bang still ringing in my ears. I didn’t want to ever touch a gun. I’ve watched too many people have their loved ones taken by them. I’ve had to tell too many children that I couldn’t save their parent from them. I only met them because of a gun, though it would have happened eventually. My mind wanders as I find myself climbing up the huge scaffolding in the gym. My arms hurting as I finally reach the top. Between climbing the scaffolding and the gun, my arms feel like jelly. I laid down, sighing. My eyes closing as I try not to think of what I just done.

Tears silently fell from my eyes as I stayed there, alone with just my thoughts. The reasons I gave them are true enough, but there’s more I’m not telling them. They would think it’s still, since they’ve obviously lost ones they care about to guns but they still use them. I put an arm over my eyes, wiping my tears as I try to keep my mind away from guns.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, making me open my eyes. The sun that was once bright is now orange, starting to set as I rub the sleep from my eyes. I must have fallen asleep up here. I look up and see Yixing kneeling over me.

“You ok,” He asks, before taking a seat next to me. “Got everyone worried. They told me what happened. Junmyeon said you seemed completely off, but like you were hiding something.”

“Perceptive,” I mutter with a sigh. “I don’t like guns.”

“I’ve somehow gathered that detail from talking to them,” He laughs. I couldn’t stop the small smile coming to my lips. His laugh was musical and cute and made me just want to be happy too.

“No, I really, REALLY don’t like guns.” I sit up, looking towards the windows. “Do you know how many people have died in front of me because of them? How many people I couldn’t help?”

“I don’t like them either,” He says, his voice calm and soft, “But, for us, they are a necessary evil.”

“But not for me!”

There was a silence between the two of us. The sky getting darker and darker as each moment passed. I bring my knees to my chest, wrapping my arms around them. It was silent except for the heat kicking on, keeping this room a comfortable temperature compared to the cool outside. I feel him wrap an arm around my shoulders, comforting me from my thoughts. I glance over at Yixing, who was looking at me. The cut over his eye healing nicely, soon the stitches will be able to come out. I lean my head into him, closing my eyes and take a deep breath.

“There is something you’re not telling me.” He looks towards the windows ahead of us, “Just say it.”

“I don’t like guns because someone shot my father and killed him,” I admit, holding onto myself tighter. My voice wasn’t tense or super upset anymore, just sad. “I didn’t know him, I was only two at the time, but I know how much it effected my mom. She was on duty, washed up and ready to save a stranger’s life, only to find out that it was her husband who was the one slowly dying a painful death in front of her.”

“She never said anything about that,” Yixing whispers. His thumb rubbing slow, comforting circles on my arm. My shiver from the goosebumps he was giving my, trying to keep myself focused.

“She doesn’t like talking about it,” I explain. “Every year on the anniversary of his death she would go to his grave, and just cry. She loved him so much. So, I hate guns, because they took my father from me and they hurt my mother in a way that could never be healed.”

There were a few more moments of silence. I didn’t know if Yixing was waiting for me to see if I’d speak again, or giving me time to process my thoughts. I look at him, “She tried, you know. To get back out there and to see other people. To date. But she just said that… it’s like finding someone who is your sun.” I hold my hands out, pointing to the setting sun. “She said loving him was warm, comforting, and helped her see what mattered in life.” The sun finally sinks below the horizon, and I let my hands fall. “You know what happens if there is no sun?”

“You lose those things,” He says softly, looking at the horizon.

“She told me it was like trying to settle for stars after that. Stars are fine, they’re beautiful, amazing, and wonderful… but compared to the sun, she said it seemed pointless.” I seem him look at me out the corner of my eye as I laugh, “My mom was one of those who believed in soulmates. And not just romantic soulmates either, but friend soulmates too. So she went on believing she lost her soulmate, the love of her life, and she tried to give others a chance. She always saw the best in people, but she said she never felt what she felt with my father again.”

“She told us that,” I feel the hand comforting me become still. “She said that she believed in soulmates. I don’t remember how the conversation got there, but she did say that. And, like you said, not just in the romantic sense, but like, people who are meant to be in your life.” He sighs, looking away from me. “She said she felt that way about all of us, like she was meant to help us.” He was still for a moment, before looking at me once again. It always felt like his eyes were piercing into my soul when he looked at me. He leans in a little, whispering, “Do you believe in that?”

“Soulmates,” I ask. He nods, looking at me carefully. “Well… I don’t know. I mean, I’ve dated, but I’ve never been in love with them. Like… I’ve loved people, but not in the romantic sense, or I tried to make myself like them that way, but it never worked out. So, how can I know if I believe in it if I’m not sure? I’ve had crushes and romantic feelings but they normally don’t lead anywhere or fade in time. I am open to the idea of it, that they could exist. Especially since I met all of you. I feel the way my mom did, like I’m meant to help you all.”

He smiles at me, nodding. He gives my shoulder one last hug before standing up.

“What about you,” I ask, my voice soft. “Do you believe in that? Soulmates?”

“Well,” Yixing starts, his back turned to me as he overlooks the trampoline. “I often think it was fate that I met all of these guys… fate that we 12 became family that somehow managed to breakout. After what happened with my parents, I never thought I’d ever feel that again. I love them like I never thought I could love anyone else. They truly are my family, and I’d do anything for them. As for romantically, I…” Yixing pauses, looking in front of him with a sigh. He turns his head to look at me from over his shoulder, “I’m starting to think that… well, that there is a possibility.” He holds his hand out to me, “Now, are you going to climb down, or jump down?”

Taking the two steps to the edge next to him, I smile. “Well, I didn’t die last time I jumped…”

“And you won’t while I’m here,” He says, smiling down at me as I take his hand in mine. We jumped, the air rushing past us before we hit. We bounce up, and I laugh out loud before landing easily. My laughter continues, my heart still beating fast from fear. I stayed there for a moment, letting my heart try to calm down, though it didn’t seem like it was going to.

I get off first, looking back at him as he hops off as well. “You know, we’re making a habit of talking about a bunch of deep stuff.”

“In my defence, it was mostly you so far,” He grins as he head towards the exit.

“Hey,” I say as he laughs, “And in MY defence, at least when I pour my heart out, I’m not drunk! You, sir, can be a bit difficult when drunk!”

“I don’t remember what I said other than, well, what happened to me. Getting that upset kind of sobered me up a bit, honestly. I wasn’t that bad, right?” He asks, smiling at me, a look of pure worry in his eyes.

I blush, turning my face away from him, “You’re heavier than me and it was really hard to make sure you didn’t faceplant.”

“Well, thank you for making sure I ended up at my room,” he grins at me, giving me a dimpled smile. My heartbeat racing as he smiles at me.

“I think I talk to you like this because you just make it feel like no matter what I say, you wouldn’t hate me for it,” I admit, looking down the hall.

I hear footsteps racing from down the hall before I see Chanyeol sprinting. “There you are,” He yells, running to us.

“What’s wrong,” Yixing ask, carefully looking at his friends face.

“Not you,” He says, pointing to me, “You. We need your help.”


“Are you ing kidding me,” I ask, my voice loud and echoing in the control room. Everyone of us were in there, the room cramped. The lights were one and all the screens were playing some security footage.

“It’s a good plan,” Jongdae counters, “It’s the only chance we have to capture this guy!”

“And you want her to act like a e,” Yixing yells, angry and glaring at him. His hands clutched into fists, shaking his head at Jongdae. “Are you insane? That’s extremely dangerous!”

“I believe the website refers to them as ‘courtesans’,” Baekhyun points out, finally turning towards us. “Though, I don’t agree to this plan either, for the record.”

“This man, Junsoo, has knowledge to the whereabouts of all of the labs that are testing and killing Inhumans,” Kyungsoo says, “We’ve been looking for a way to get him away from his security detail for months.” He was leaning against the door that was closed. He looked at me, “We’d really appreciate the help, but it is your call.”

“So he goes to a website, asks for a courtesan,” Sehun says, “And you intercepted this, stopped it from reaching the ‘company’, and want to offer them Y/N?”

“As bait, no less,” Minseok glares.

“She’ll have a way to speak to us,” Jongin counters, “She’ll be safe. She just has to get him alone and then we swoop in and bring him here.”

“This is the best change we’ve gotten,” Junmyeon says, pouting a little, before looking at me. “I told you I would respect your boundaries. If you don’t want to do this, just say the word. If you do, it would really help us, I won’t lie…”

Baekhyun frowns, “It’s your choice.”

“I’ll do it,” I say, rolling my eyes. “Why couldn’t be like men and it be one of you who goes? You’re all handsome, he could have his pick.”

“One of us more handsome than the others,” Sehun says with a smirk, elbowing Junmyeon.

“Y/N,” Yixing says, looking at me with a shocked expression, “Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure.”

“You’re meeting him at midnight at the bar of The Shilla Seoul hotel,” Baekhyun mutters with a frown. “I suppose we now have to… um… make you look the part.”

Before I knew it, I was standing in my room, looking at myself in a mirror, frowning. The dress was black, but it was skin tight and went to mid thigh. It was completely backless except for two straps that made an x pattern, and it had straps that go over my shoulder that were about two inches thick. The part I wasn’t thrilled about was fairly deep neckline, completely showing off my cleavage. I wore heels that made me four inches taller that were also black, to keep with the ‘y yet classy look’, as Baekhyun described it. My hair was down and made into waves by Baekhyun, who also took delight in doing my make up. Some eyeliner, mascara, and a bold, dark red lipstick. I sigh as Baekhyun shrugs, “You agreed to this!”

“I know,” I groan, “Alright, let’s go.”

“For what it’s worth, you do look great, but you seem uncomfortable.” He hands me a small clutch, “It’s mostly for looks, but it’s got a taser, just in case.” He then places an easy to hide earpiece that’s on their frequency. He then gives me earrings to put, a necklace, and a bracelet. All were white gold and covered in diamonds. “Found these in a locker. Rich kids, I swear,” Baekhyun complains. “The necklace has a mic on it,” He explains, helping me put it on as I put on the bracelet. “Put it there myself! We’ll hear you when you speak, and anyone who is within a two feet of the necklace.”

“Hopefully the taser won’t be needed,” I say, exiting the room and putting on the dangling earrings. I get to the control room, the computers buzzing as I walk in.

“Holy , who knew you could actually look good,” Sehun says, nodding.

“Please, I feel like I’m not me. Gross, in a way.” I completely avoid their gazes as I walk over to Jongin. “Can we just get this over with.”

“Who is all going,” Sehun asks.

“Myself and Y/N,” Jongin says, “Yixing, Minseok and Jongdae as well. So, come on, everyone gather and hold hands. We all have our masks just in case this goes south, right?”

“Yeah,” Minseok says, nodding. He turns to me, “When speaking to us over comms, call us our code names, just in case someone is listening in.”

“What are they,” I say, still with my eyes glued to the floor.

“Jongin’s is Kai, Jongdae’s is Chen, Yixing’s is Lay, and Minseok’s is Xiumin,” Chanyeol says, “It’ll all be fine, Y/N! Fighting!”

I give Chanyeol a small smile, and with that, we’re gone. I’m in an alleyway a block away from the hotel. I look and see them, before taking a deep breath. “I’ve got this.”

“You’ll be fine,” I hear Baekhyun in my ear, encouraging me.

“We’re… we’re just out here if you need us,” Yixing says, his hand touching my shoulder. I nod, putting my hand over his before turning and walking out the alley. I walk to the hotel, trying to attempt to look calm and collected. I shiver, cursing myself for not thinking about a jacket as the cool autumn air makes me shake. I get into the entryway, and I see the man that I was shown a picture of in the hotel bar. “There he is,” Baekhyun says, “You look fine, not too tense.”

“Hello,” Junsoo says, smiling. He was handsome, about six feet tall and had this air of arrogance surrounding him. He wore a black suit with a tie, his hair styled back and a smirk on his face.

I smile, trying my best to look sultry and ignoring the background talking in my ear. “Hello.”

He hold his hand out, and I take it, but he pulls me in and gives me a chaste kiss on the lips. It took everything in my power not to freeze up. “I just wanted to talk and settle business here in the bar before we continue on with the night,” He explains, pulling my chair out.

I take the seat, thanking him.

“He’s already rented a room. The guys are getting in position to grab you both when you get to the 15th floor.”

“I’ve already sent payment electronically,” He says, taking a sip of his changange as he offers me a glass. I take one as he continues ,”Did they confirm with you?”

“Yes,” I say with a smile, “They’ve told me it’s all been sent and done.”

“Wonderful,” He says, as we sit there and chat a while longer so the hotel staff doesn’t seem suspicious of us. Our glasses of champagne empty as he asks if I’d like anything else before we left. I decline, saying I was ready to leave the bar when he was. Soon he stands, offering his arm to me. I take it with another false smile.

We reach the elevator, waiting for the doors to open. “You look exquisite tonight,” He says, smiling at me once again.

“‘Exquisite’? She’s a person not a piece of meat,” I hear Yixing complain over the comms before being playfully scolded by Baekhyun.

I smile at that comment, before turning to him, “Thank you for so many complements! I don’t get them often.”

“That’s a shame,” Junsoo says, “Because you deserve them.”

We enter the elevator and the doors shut with a ding. I feel the necklace get warm all of a sudden. I glance down at it, trying not to be too obvious doing so. Before I know it, I feel it zap, making me jump from the small electric shock.

“Are you ok?” Junsoo asks, looking at me, his eyes looking me up and down full of lust. He was checking me out, not even trying to hide the fact that he was.

“Y/N,” Baekhyun says, “Are you there? Say something if you are.”

“I’m just very excited,” I ask, turning to him, winking. On the outside I was calm but my mind was buzzing with worry and awkward feelings. I hear Baekhyun curse, saying my line went dead. A chill runs up my spine, as I try to think of what to do next. I decide to still play along, knowing we’d get to the 15th floor soon. If I don’t, he will know something is wrong and then we may not have another chance to get him.

Junsoo places his hands on my hips, pulling me flush with his body. “This dress looks amazing on you,” he says, leaning down and kissing my neck. His lips were soft and warm, but I couldn’t shake the gross feeling. I gasp, playing along still, putting my hands on his chest. His tongue my neck, gently nipping at me with his teeth. “It’s going to look so much better on my floor.”

“I can see them in the security cams, but they’ve past the 15th floor,” Baekhyun yells.

“What do you mean ‘passed the 15th floor,” Minseok yells.

I feel him kiss along my neck, to my shoulder as me pushes himself against me. I could feel how excited he was at this moment. I groan out, trying to hide my disgust. I didn’t want this, and if something doesn’t happen soon, I’ll have to find a way to stop him myself. Mentally, I thank Baekhyun for putting the taser in my bag. His hand reaches behind me, grabbing my as he groans, grinding against me again. The elevator dings open as he pulls away from me, taking my hand and leading me down the hall. He pulls me to him, his mouth by the ear without the earpiece, “I can’t wait to you,” He says in my hear, his hand grabbing my once again. “I can’t wait to see your pretty mouth wrapped around my .”

“23rd floor,” Baekhyun yells as I hear the other men yelling their plans. “6th door on the left from the elevator!”

He opens the door, letting me inside first, shutting it behind us. Without warning, he pulls me and pushes me against the door. “I’ve been wanting this all night,” He groans out, pressing himself against me once again. His hands go to my dress, pushing the straps over my shoulders down them, widening the deep v-neck. My bare s now completely out. “You’re so ing y,” He says, putting one hand on one s, the other picking me up and wrapping my legs around his waist, making my shoes fall to the floor. His lips meet mine. I gasp in shock and he takes the opportunity to shove his tongue in my mouth. I wrap my hands around his neck, and behind him, trying to open the small purse. It took a minute, but I open it and get the taser. I press it against his neck before pushing the button. He tenses, yelling out in pain as he drops me. I fall to the floor, the taser still in my hand as I try to get away from him.

His hand reaches out and grabs my hair, pulling me back, “What the ?!”

I reach back with the taser, getting his wrist. He tenses as I try to yank my hair from his grip. I do so, finally getting a few feet in between is, pulling my dress back in place, covering myself once more.

He glares at me, “The are you doing?!”

I hear someone bang on the door as he walks to me, his hand hitting the hand that I held the taser with, making it fall on the floor. I duck out of the way of his punch, before reaching back and hitting him in the jaw. He stumbles back and the door finally opens. I see the four of them, masks on. Jongdae grabs the man, pulling him upright. I feel a hand on my arm and in the blink of an eye, were at the base, once again in the control room.

Baekhyun looks back, his eyes wide with terror. He stands, walking to me and throws his arms around me. “I was so scared,” He mutters, his voice cracking. “You’re fine, right?”

“Is she fine,” Junsoo yells, “That psycho attacked me!”

Jongdae glares, “Don’t talk about our friend like that!” He sends a shock though his hands into him, making him scream in pain as he drags him out the room.

“The other room was the one he’s staying in with his wife,” Baekhyun explains, “I’m so sorry, Y/N. Something in the elevator killed the thing in the necklace. He didn’t… did he?”

“We’ll,” I say, my voice surprisingly calm. “He kisses me and felt me up, but that’s as far as it went.” I look at them as they looked at me shocked that I was calm. Certainly calmer than they thought I would be. “But seriously, can I get this makeup off me now?”

Baekhyun smiles, reaching on his desk and handing me some makeup remover wipes. “I knew you’d ask that when you got back. But are you really ok?”

I wipe at my face, explaining that I was fine to all of them, that I was honestly fine since they got there in time. “Besides,” I say, finally getting the last of the red off my lips, “I completely er punched him right before you all got there. I had it handled fairly well! He didn’t even know something was up until I tased him.”

Sehun throws me a hoodie, “Here, got this from your room. You looked really uncomfortable when you left so I just thought…”

I smile at him, putting on the black hooded jacket and zipping it up. It was large on me, actually completely covering the dress entirely. “Thank you, Sehun,” I say, giving him a small smile as I remove the jewelry, placing them on Beakhyun’s desk. “You have no idea how much I appreciate that.”

“Where did the shoes go,” Junmyeon says, looking down at my bare feet.

“They fell off in the room,” I say, trying to not explain further. Everyone seemed fine with the answer other than Yixing. He was looking at me, his eyes soft with worry. I shake my head, before stretching my arms. “So, am I done here, or what?”

“What are you going to do, Yixing,” Minseok asks, looking up at the younger man.

“I’ll go there in a minute,”Yixing says, his voice harder now, “Let him sit there and think for a while.”

Junmyeon nods, “Ok, no one mess with him until then. Keep the door locked.”

“Done,” Sehun says, saluting at him, “I’ll take the first watch and make sure he doesn’t do anything until Yixing gets there. And you,” He points to me, “Go get some rest. Or a shower. If that even looked at me like he was looking at you, I’d bathe in bleach. Especially since his wife was asleep in their room!” I see Yixing visibly tense at what Sehun says, frowning as he looks away from us all. Sehun leaves the room, his long strides as he goes to catch up with Jongdae.

“A shower sounds great,” I sigh with a smile. “A nice, hot shower!” I wave at them before turning toward the door.

“I’ve got to go get him situated in the room,” Yixing says with a sigh, following me as we exit the room. He stayed by my side, going the opposite direction of where he was suppose to go. I don’t say anything, fining his presence next to me calming. I turn towards the door of my room to get something before I shower, Yixing stops me.

I turn, looking up at him. His face was smooth and calm as he looks me in the eye. “Yes?”

“Are you actually ok,” He asks, his hand staying on my shoulder. His hand was warm when he wasn’t using his power. It was comforting as I glanced down to the floor. “No,” He says, frustrated, taking his other hand and forcing my chin up, “Look at me and tell me you’re fine.”

I open my eyes, looking back into his. My heart racing once again tonight, but not of fear. I feel my face get warm as I hope the lack of light in this hallway helps hide my blushing face. “I am. I truly am. I don’t mind helping, or even being bail but… not those circumstances again.” I close my eyes, my voice becoming shaky, “I… I’m a bit grossed out, to be honest. I had to, well, um… play along for a bit before you all got there, but I am fine. Knowing how important this person is to help us makes it extremely easier.”

“‘To help us’,” He says, smiling down at me as I open my eyes again. He pulls me close, hugging me tightly. His arms were warm and safe, making me close my eyes. I hug him back, smiling as I stay there for a moment, listening to his steady heartbeat. “I’m sorry I didn’t get there sooner.”

“Don’t be. You got there at the perfect time. He didn’t hurt me” I mutter, keeping my face close to him. He smelled of soap and spearmint, as my arms circled his waist. I feel him tense for a brief moment, before relaxing and chuckling.

“You did look beautiful,” He says, in a soft voice, “But I think you look better the way you normally are.”

I smile, closing my eyes and wishing I could just stay there forever.

“Y/N, I… um…” He stops, stuttering a bit. I heart his heart quicken quite a bit. “I… I’m really glad you’re ok,” He says quickly. He lets go of me, placing a soft kiss on my forehead before he turns and continues towards his destination. My face is on fire as I watch him turn the corner, seeing that his face was just as red as mine. I put my face in my hands, smiling in them as I turn towards my door. I couldn’t shake the feeling that there was something else he wanted to say, but I let it be for now. I gathered my things and went to wash all of Junsoo’s lingering touches. As I showered and got ready to sleep, I thought my mind would be only on what happened in the hotel, but instead, it was only on Yixing. What happened outside my room and the conversation we shared earlier in the night.

I was in my pajamas, the black hoodie on again as I open the door to my room. I see Sehun and Baekhyun both sitting on my bed. Baekhyun smiles, holding out a container of ice cream an extra spoon. He and Sehun have clearly been eating from it for a while. “Figured you could use something to get your mind off of tonight,” He says, handing me a spoon. “Though, probably not all of tonight,” Baekhyun says, smirking as he took a bite of the vanilla ice cream.

“What do you know what I don’t,” Sehun pouts, getting some ice cream for himself as I sit on the edge of the bed with them and take a bite too.

“I may have seen something in the security cams in the hallways,” Baekhyun taunts with a smirk.

“All I’m hearing is the fact that you’re admitting you don’t respect privacy,” I mutter, taking the container away from Baekhyun and getting another mouthful. “This is almost empty already!”

“That’s not true,” Beakhyun whines, pouting at me. “And you should have hurried if you wanted more!”

“Hyung, it’s a million percent true, but that’s besides the point,” Sehun argues, getting closer to me and getting a huge spoonful of ice cream. “What did you see?”

“I saw two people talking, then hugging, and then maybe kissing? I don’t know, the cameras here are complete . Not even in HD,” Baekhyun looks at me, smirking at me as he tries to get another bite, but I hold it away from him. “So I thought I’d ask you.”

My face turns red, “We didn’t kiss, idiot. He kissed my forehead, that’s all.”

Sehun pinches my cheek, smirking, “Your blush makes me think you wished he did!”

I pull my face away, taking the last bite from the container. I handed it back to Sehun. He looks down to get another bite, pouting after seeing it was empty. He places it on my bedside table, looking at the picture. He paused, looking at it with a frown, eyes full of pain. He takes a deep breath, before turning back to me and acting like nothing happened.

“Look at how red she is,” Baekhyun giggles while grabbing and hugging onto Sehun’s arm.

“He probably doesn’t even see me that way,” I say calmly as I stand, closing the window curtains.

“I know for a fact that’s a lie,” Sehun says, rolling his eyes. “He’s always been a shy person. It just takes him longer to tell others his true feelings.”

Baekhyun smiles, letting go of Sehun, “It’s so cute how in love with him you already are! You both would also be completely adorable together, by the way.”

“Shut up,” I groan, moving past them to lay on my bed.

“Notice that she didn’t deny it, though,” Sehun points out, laughing. I throw a pillow at him, but he catches it easily as they both continue to pick on me, pretending to be Yixing flirting with me and acting as a super over dramatic version of myself.

For the next two hours, I sit there, being teased by these two as they laugh between one another. I smile, staying silent while hiding my blushing face, trying not to think about what they were saying. Sometime in the middle of all of it, I eyes felt heavy. I remember my eyes closing and hearing the two of them continue on with their jokes, not remembering if they left or not.