Eleven

Inhumans

Bright light pierces my vision as I regain consciousness, my mouth dry as I reach out to shield my eyes. I slowly open them, letting my eyes adjust to the right room. I sit up off the cot bed, looking around at my new surroundings.

The four walls around we were clear as I move over to touch one. I knock my hand against it, the echo was uncomfortable to listen to. I look around, seeing the cot, a sink and a toilet, all completely white. Everything was pure white, almost making it hard to look around. I look down at myself, seeing my clothes were replaced with white pants, white shirt and, upon looking further, white underwear. I shiver, thinking that someone had to have undressed me. There was a pain in my right arm, looking down I see a bandage. My hair was loose around my shoulders as I look beyond my cell, seeing others around mine, but they were all empty.

“You’re the only one in this section,” A voice says, making me jump.

“Where are you,” I ask, looking around.

“It’s a speaker,” The man on the other end laughs, “There’s a camera in your room. That’s now I can see you.”

“Why am I in here,” I ask, looking around until I spot the camera in the corner of the room. I clench my fists, trying not to become to scared.

“You’re dangerous,” He says, “We have to keep you here when we don’t need you.”

“What did you do with my arm,” I ask, waiting a few moments and getting no answer. Sighing, I sit down on the cot, running my hands through my hair. The colorless environment makes me feel uneasy.

I spent hours it left like pacing back and forth, laying on the ground, and even resorting to push-ups and sit ups. It felt like an eternity of just being alone with my thoughts. My mind almost always wondering if they’re ok, if Yixing is ok. They must have noticed I’m suddenly gone. I hope that when they find me and I tell them what happened, they are not angry. I didn’t want them to get hurt, and that man who could pause time could have killed them all if I didn’t.

My stomach growled. I spoke to the man over the speaker, but he said nothing. The hunger stayed as I tried to ignore it, sleeping and resting, trying to keep myself occupied. At this point it had to have been a few days, my stomach hurting from hunger. My mind thought of EXO often, hoping they were still alive and could get me out of here. The quiet driving me mad.


Sehun watched as Yixing was in the middle of the entrance, the body of the other man sitting there in front of him, blood pooled out of him, seeping into the knees of his jeans. Yixing was just there, on his knees, body wracked with guilt as he spent the last two hours searching for Y/N but to no avail.

Sehun let go of Luhan, nodding at him. The older man nodded back, standing straight, still trying to regain his balance as he leaned against the wall. He watched the youngest member go to Yixing, placing his hand softly on his shoulder. He didn’t quite understand why Yixing was so distraught, but he thought better than to ask in the moment.

Yixing flinched when Sehun’s hand made contact, but he still stared forward at nothing in particular. “Hyung,” He says, quietly, “We have to hurry. We’re not safe here. We have to gather things and leave.”

The older man stayed still, not moving at all.

“I’ll go get his stuff,” Minseok says,”Let’s just leave him be for the time being.”
“I can stay with him,” Luhan offers, “Go gather your things, Sehun…”

Sehun walks to him, “You don’t know truly know her, but it’s Y/N.”

“Nayeon’s daughter,” He asks quietly, confused. “What happened to Nayeon?”

Sehun places a hand on his shoulder, “She… she’s gone.”

“Oh,” Luhan mutters, sadness filling him. He remembers the doctor fondly, though she use to pick on him by calling him little fawn, he cares dearly for her.

Everyone separates, leaving the entrance all alone. For a while neither of them speak, just existing in the same place for a while. Luhan gathers some strength before taking a few steps to Yixing. He kneels down, beside him, placing a hand on his back. He feels Yixing tense. “Brother,” He says in Mandarin, “We… we have to go. We will find her, I promise, but it will do us no good in finding her if we are dead.”

“How could I let this happen,” Yixing replies after a long silence. Any other time he would have been thankful to have been able to speak his native language, but now it felt heavy to speak. His throat dry as he doesn’t move his head or look at Luhan.

“That man… I remember that they have the power to take powers from people. The other man who came after us… he had Zitao’s power. They stole it. We’re lucky he didn’t decide to just kill you all then and there.” Luhan explains quietly, hearing as feet start to approach. He looks back, seeing Baekhyun, who walks over quickly. He held two backpacks, and a necklace in his hand. He gets in front of Yixing and the body, pulling him to his feet. Yixing doesn’t fight it at all.

Baekhyun stans on the tips of his toes, placing the long chain necklace around his neck. “Y/N would kill us if we forgot this here,” He says, “So, you’re going to hold onto it until you see her again. Because we WILL see her again.”

Seeing Baekhyun be so serious made Luhan finally understand just how important Y/N had become to Yixing. Even in life threatening situations Baekhyun was always joking. It use to annoy Luhan, but seeing him like this, he misses the jokes. Luhan reaches over, getting a small pouch the dead man carried, knowing it could come in handy.

Soon, everyone was gathered in the room. They all linked hands and appeared at some abandoned place. It was an old hotel, the rooms freezing as they all started to get things done to make these rooms livable. No one bothered Yixing as he leaned against the wall, slowly sliding down his, his hand coming up to look at the necklace Baekhyun placed around him.

Luhan reached out for Sehun’s hand, looking at the youngest man, before looking back at Yixing.

“I’ll tell you later,” He says, his voice soft and sad. “But… he wasn’t the only one who lost someone important when she went missing. Baekhyun and her were great friends. Minseok looked at her like a younger sister.”

“She was important to you too,” Luhan says, not even asking.

“Is,” Sehun whispers, nodding, “She… she was the first person I opened up to since you… since you went away.”

“She helped you move on,” Luhan mutters, looking away.

Sehun frowns, noticing the hurt in his eyes. He moves so that the older man was looking him in the eyes. “No. She helped me get over the overwhelming guilt I felt. It was suffocating. I thought I was the reason you all died… she told me that losing you hurt so bad because how I felt was real and genuine. That it wasn’t my fault.” He sighs, “She is a sister to me. She is family. She’s not your replacement, if that’s what you’re thinking.”

Luhan opens his mouth to answer but before he could, he was bumped into by Yixing, who walked out of the room. Sehun looked at Luhan, who simply nodded as the youngest man followed after him quickly.

“Hyung,” Sehun yells, running to catch up to him., “Where are you going?”

“I can’t just stay here and do nothing,” He says, still walking at a fast pace. His eyes forward full of determination and anger. His hands clutched into fists.

“We have no idea where she is,” Sehun says, “We should wait until we get some information! Let’s Baekhyun see if he can find anything about her in security cameras first before you go out there and get yourself killed.”

“She could be dead for all we know,” Yixing says, opening the door.

Sehun forces a palm out, sending a gust of wind forward, making the door shut with a slam. He looks at Yixing, who turns to his, his eyes angry as he glares.

“Get out of my way,” Yixing says, looking up at the taller man, “Or I will make you.”

“I won’t let you do this,” Sehun says plainly. “I won’t let you walk into a trap or something. Y/N would never forgive me if I let you do that.”

“She’ll never forgive us for letting her be taken,” Yixing says, reaching to the door again.

“She will and you know it,” Sehun replys, slamming a hand against the door. “I’m sorry, Hyung, but I won’t let you do this.”

Yixing reaches him, shoving him back away from the door before he goes to open it again. The handle doesn’t budge as he watches ice form on the lock and doorknob. Yixing looks back, seeing Minseok there.

“Don’t make us have to physically stop you, Yixing,” Minseok’s calm voice breaking the tension between the two before him. The tones of his voice was even, but there was a slight edge to it.

Yixing pauses, completely still for a few moments as Luhan watches from the doorway. He turns to them, and they see tears fall down his face as he keeps his eyes on the floor. “If Baekhyun finds nothing soon,” Yixing’s voice coming out as sharp as the edge of a knife, “I’m going to find her on my own. I will not sit here and do nothing.” He looks up, his eyes red with stress, his mouth in an angry frown. “And none of you will be able to stop me,” He says, the words coming out as a threatening growl. He moves past them as he walks back into the room everyone was. 

The tone of his voice makes Sehun a bit terrified. He looks to the door, frowning. He couldn’t imagine what Yixing was going through. At least when Luhan had died, he knew he was gone. Yixing doesn’t know if Y/N is even alive, or if they’re hurting her. He’s left in the dark and he’s terrified beyond belief.

Sehun feels two arms wrap themselves around his waist, a head resting on his chest. “We will find her,” Luhan’s voice says, completely full of unwavering belief, “I can’t let you lose someone you care about again.”

Sehun tightens his arms around Luhan’s smaller frame, and for the first time since seeing him, completely collapsed and let his relief and feelings out as he sobbed quietly into his shoulder.

Minseok shuts the door to the main room everyone was in, giving the two some privacy to have some much-needed time to speak.


It feels so long since I’ve had human contact. No one to talk to, no one to look at. No one to talk to me since the man over the speaker. I missed Yixing and how safe he makes me feel. I miss going to sleep hearing his heart beat. I miss his laugh, his smile. My heart hurts from being away from him, but I couldn’t let that man kill him… kill them.

I hear the click of heels coming down the hall as I lift my head, seeing a woman in a white dress. She had brown hair, a red tinted visor obscuring her vision. She wore white tights and white heels as she stopped in front of my cell. I couldn’t stop myself from staring at her visor. It was the first color I’ve seen in a while and it almost hurt to look at too long.

“Hello,” I ask, moving to stand, my legs feeling weak. A loud mechanical sound, the wall she was at starting to lower into the ground. It disappeared under the floor, as the woman made the motion with her hand to follow her. I slowly follow, moving and trying to keep up with her quick pace. I look around as we walk, the walls and everything still completely white and colorless. She opens a door, walking in and holding it open for me. It was a dining room. The table, chairs, plates classes forks knives and spoons all white.

At the very end sat a man, in a black suit with a dark red tie. He glances up, wiping his mouth and standing, the smile on his face. “Hello Y/N,” He says, his voice deep.

I remain silent, looking him in the eyes, trying not to be afraid.

“There is no reason you be scared,” He says, stepping towards me a little. “I’m Kiyoung.”

My eyes widen, so, this is Kiyoung? He was tall, his hair black with a few strands of gray. He looked well-built and very dangerous. He motions to the food, “You’d you like to eat? There’s nothing in it. You’d know if I was lying.”

“Not since you’ve injected me with that anti-power serum,” I reply bitterly, taking a step back.

He smirks, “You are smart. You’re too useful to poison, so eat, please.”

I slowly take a seat at the opposite end of the table, looking down at the food in front of me. There was anything I could have wanted on the table. Before I realized it, I reached out and grabbed as something with my bare hands, shoving it in my mouth and eating it so fast I didn’t even taste it. I was acting like a wild animal, shoveling food in my mouth faster and faster, trying not to choke as I didn’t chew it enough most of the time.

“I suppose this is what happens when you go two weeks without food,” Kiyoung mutters, watching me with a sick fascination.

I stop suddenly. Two weeks? It’s been two weeks since I’ve gotten here? It was almost unbelievable. I let go of the food, stopping myself from overeating, knowing if I kept going I would only vomit it all up. Looking up at him, my eyes wide, “Has… has it really been two weeks?”

He smiles at me, and it was charming in a way. I suppose that’s how he convinces people to do his bidding. People follow him because he makes them feel useful and worthy when he probably doesn’t care at all. “Two weeks exactly,” He replied, walking over to the seat next to me. He gracefully sits, stretching his long legs out, almost hitting mine with them. “You see, we had to make you weak in order to try to convince you to help us.” He picks up one of the steak knifes on the table, looking at it. “We have a bit of a … pest problem. You see, since we raided their base before, they’ve moved to another location. The other two sent with Jain, the one who brought you here, have gone missing. Something tells me they’re doing everything they can to get those two to remember where this base is.” His eyes meet mine, “I must know where they went. I want to end them once and for all.”

“No,” I say, my hands gripping the arms of the chair, “I… I won’t tell you. Besides, I don’t even know where they would have gone.”

“Don’t lie to me,” He says, his voice dark as he glares at me. In a swift movement, his hand holding the steak knife reaches out, slamming it down onto the back of my hand, piercing it and going completely through the armrest of the chair. I scream, the pain burned as I tried to keep myself from trying to pull away from it, knowing that could cause more damage.

“So this is how it’s going to be, huh,” He questions, glaring as he stood up. His voice yelling as he reaches to one of the large napkins, walking around my chair as I start to reach for the knife. He catches my hand, tying it to the other arm of the chair. He pulls my chair away, slamming it against the wall. The room started to shift, the table other chairs disappearing, being replaced with a table to the side. It was covered in a lot of things much like the one in the basement at the base. I could feel my heart beating in my throat, making it feel tighter. Kiyoung takes his tie off, Forcing it so that my head was against the back of the chair, He ties my across my forehead, making it so that I can’t move my head. I fight against it, but he just laughs. “I have to make sure you can’t turn away from the show you’re about to witness.”

I fight back as much as I could, my hand throbbing in pain as blood started to drip from it.

“Are you willing to suffer for them,” He asks as the nurse walks to the table, picking up a small knife. She walks over, her heels clicking while doing so. “Are you willing to go through this for them?”

“Yes,” I answer, my eyes hard as stone as I glare at him. “I love them. They are my family and I won’t tell you anything if I know it. They would do the same for me, they’d never hurt me.”

“Family,” He mutters with a laugh, “Family.” His body tenses as he stood by the nurse. “My family all died by the hands of Inhumans. They killed every last one of them. So I swore that unless they work with me, I’d kill every last one of them.” He turns, glaring at me with a sick smile. “Are you willing to die for them, Y/N?”

“Yes,” I answer without hesitation, my eyes never leaving his as I try to put on the most intimidating face I could.

“Funny you mention family,” He says, laughing at me, turning to the nurse. “Because you see, only family can cause irreparable damage.” He reaches over, grabbing at the mask of the nurse before taking it off.

Tears stung at my eyes as I looked at the emotionless face of the nurse. Her hair was the exact same shade of brown as mine was. Her eyes a lot like mine, minus the blue parts. She was taller than me, but we shared many of the same features. The woman looking at me, holding the knife as it cut against my cheek slowly, didn’t seem the least bit bothered by what she was doing. My tears his the small cuts on my face, making it sting as I tried to stop watching her, “Please, don’t!”

She simply reaches forward, making another thin cut on my chest. Her face not making any emotion whatsoever. She was completely unaffected by what she was doing to me.

Stood before me, completely alive but acting as a puppet, was my mother. As she cut another thin line onto my body, I close my eyes, sobbing as I tried to get the image of my mother torturing me out of my head.


“I got something,” Baekhyun yells, typing away at the laptop in front of him. “She’s and that man suddenly appear on this security camera. And I mean completely suddenly.”

“Can you watch where that car goes,” Junmyeon asks, watching Baekhyun furiously switch between camera after camera. They watch as Baekhyun’s face goes from completely focused to utter horror.

“What happened,” Yixing asks, desperation filling his voice.

“The labs… no wonder we couldn’t find them.” He says, his hand grabbing his own hair. “They’re under The Blue House.”

“Under the most secure place in the whole country,” Yixing says, slamming a fist against the table.

“That’s… that’s right,” Luhan mutters, before clutching his head, letting out a yell of pain.

Sehun grabs his arm, looking at him with wide terrified eyes. “Luhan!”

“Wait,” He yells, holding a hand out to Sehun. “I’m… I remember… there’s a tunnel that leads to the lab,” Luhan says, fingers gripping onto his own hair tightly. “There’s a secret entrance from an old train not far from there. There’s a pass code you have to punch in!”

“What’s the code,” Yixing questions.

“1…896….418…10…22!”

“Well,” Neon says, looking at all the surrounding men, “Looks like we need to make a plan.”

Yixing walks over, grabbing Luhan by the shoulders after he’s let go of his head, the pain seemingly to subside. He pulls him into a hug, “Thank you.”

Luhan hugs him back, and saying in Mandarin, “Yixing, we’ll go get her. We will bring her back to you. Please be patient… I don’t want to lose another brother after suddenly getting you all back.”

Yixing nods, pulling away, and wrapping one hand around the necklace. He looks at everyone, then to Baekhyun, “Let’s start planning.”