Five

Inhumans

“Are you sure about this,” I ask nervously, “We could just fix it easily, you know.”

Baekhyun shakes his head, “Look, he already said I could try since it’s not that bad, right?” He turns his head to Minseok, giving him playful, pleading eyes.

“I’m going to regret this,” He mutters. Looking up, he finds my eyes, “Besides, some of us should learn to do this just in case we can’t get to you in time.”

I sigh, handing Baekhyun the needle with the thread. “I don’t see why you’re learning first. You’re always in here giving instructions!” I point all around me, computers buzzing and screens taking up almost every inch of the walls. One was end to end, completely covered which, when not using it to look at security cameras, made for a pretty damn good movie watching screen. Cables all neat until you get to the desk, where there are some tech torn apart and a number of laptops that Baekhyun was slowly going through and hacking. The floor was completely plain, smooth concrete. We were all seated in chairs in the middle of the room. Three computer chairs that were kept here, two that were often pushed into the corner.

“It was MY idea,” Baekhyun says grinning, taking the needle from me, summoning the ball of bright light closer to Minseok’s arm, making it even brighter. “Here I thought you’d think it would be a great idea, since it would help keep Yixing safe!”

“Anyone else, yes. You with the needle? Not so much. You’d probably hurt anyone you’re stitching up more,” I tease, looking at the cut on his arm. “Clean the cut!”

“Rude,” Baekhyun pouts, pouring rubbing alcohol on the wound in a very ungracious manner. It pours it onto Minseok’s arm, as he lets out a hiss of pain.

“OW! A little warning next time,” Minseok yells, glaring at Baekhyun, yanking his arm away on instinct.

“Your bedside manner is atrocious,” I sigh, “Alright, now that the bleeding has slowed, you can begin AFTER you put on gloves!”

“Why? Why? I’ve washed my hands!”

“I don’t want to catch something from you,” Minseok explains, a smirk on his face.

“Like what? A sense of humor?”

“’Pain in the syndrome’ is more likely,” I laugh.

“That’s not a real thing,” He yells as he pouts. He puts on gloves, snapping them to his skin. Over the next few minutes, I instruct him on a basic suture, explaining calmly and slowly, just to be sure he’s learning right. His hands were quite shaky, showing that behind his jokes, he was actually fairly nervous.

I look over his handiwork, nodding, “A bit of a mess, but overall it does the job. Though try to keep the spaces between each stitch even.”

Baekhyun spins in his chair, holding up a V sigh. “Being a doctor is easy!”

I roll my eyes, shaking my head. I’d love to see him say that to a brain surgeon.

The screens all suddenly come to life, making a calling sound. Baekhyun slides over quickly, picking up a headset. “This is Baekhyun, the greatest doctor to ever live, who is this?” A second he pauses, taping on the keys quickly, bringing up multiple cameras, “Take a left now!”

“Whats happening,” Minseok asks, looking worried as he rolls his chair over.

I stand, moving next to them both, worried.

Baekhyun points to Minseok’s left. Minseok reaches over, getting two headsets, he hands one to me, putting one on himself.

I place it over my ears, hearing tires screeching and the sounds of guns.

“They’re gaining,” I hear Sehun yell over the coms.

“Get ready to take a left when I tell you,” Baekhyun instructs, bringing up something that looks like a jumbled mess of words and numbers. He clicks around, typing fast as he finds what he’s looking for. “Now!”

I watch on a security cam as they turn, barely beating the railroad crossing gates. They use to be just posts that come down, but now they’re like full blown walls that come down or, sometimes, up. The cars that were following them slam into them causing a huge accident.

“Alright,” Baekhyun says, “You might want to find a new vehicle, they’ve got the word about the van you’re in now. They’re watching the cams. I can buy you time by playing previous footage of you on different streets to confuse them, but you have to make it quick!”

“We’re carrying small kids,” Yixing yells, “We can’t exactly switch cars!”

“,” Minseok yells and clenching his fists, “That was today?!”

“You’re close to a drop off,” Baekhyun explains, ignoring the man to his left, “Two rights, under the bridge, you know the one. The door is Neon’s. She can smuggle them out the country to freedom. After, you have to ditch the car and get somewhere fast, I can’t stop them for much longer. Seems like they’re getting use to my tricks.”

“How did you manage to get them out,” Minseok asks, “I thought their security was at it’s best at sundown.”

“They were hiring a new security team today,” Kyungsoo explains calmly, “It was the only chance we’d get to free them when their security was weakened.”

I hear Yixing speaking in another language, softly. A smaller, barely there voice speaking the same. The person he was speaking to was clearly scared. I sigh, trying to keep my heart rate even. I was worried, hopeful they’d be fine.

“Alright,” I hear Sehun say, “We’re almost there.”

“Playing footage from last night for the security cams near there,” Baekhyun says, “Don’t be seen, you’ll blow Neon’s operation and she’d kill us.”

I see on one screen, the footage from yesterday that the people chasing them would see, and next to it I see their van pull up, watching as Sehun jumps out, ushering children out. I see Yixing hop out, holding a small girl, hearing him still muttering words I couldn’t understand. They got them all inside quickly. I see a woman with bright green hair come out, saying things to Sehun. I gather that that is Neon, and that neon is her code name. He nods and I hear Sehun thank the woman. Barely a minute and they were speeding off once more.

“Alright,” Baekhyun says, “Now, ditch the car and have Jongin teleport you guys here. They’re shutting the city down trying to keep you all contained, you won’t be able to hide and drive off.”

“Right,” Junmyeon says, “Will do. Be in the main entrance soon.”

I took off my headset, beginning to walk to the entrance, Minseok quickly following my lead.

“I should have went today,” He complains, “I wanted to be there to help.”

“I’m sorry, but I’m glad it went well.” I say, our footsteps echoing in the hall.

He laughs, “Didn’t just go well, it went completely better than expected. Last time we tried to free those kids was… well, the night we went and got you. Needless to say we failed last time.”

Soon, five men appeared in sight. They all looked tired, and some of them with blood on them, but if it was their own, they’ve already been healed. Yixing had a nasty cut over his eye I didn’t notice in the security cams. The other four men were happy and grinning, while he looked lost in thought. Sehun was smiling and laughing, “We finally did it!”

Jongin grins, “About damn time, too! Calls for a celebration!”

“First showers,” Kyungsoo says, nodding towards the bathrooms. “You smell awful.”

Sehun crosses his arms, “Pretty sure you’re smelling yourself, Hyung.”

I stepped in front of Yixing, making him bump into me. I lose balance, about to hit the floor but he catches my arm, easily pulling me up. “Oh,” He says, “I’m sorry, Y/N.”

“You need stitches,” I point to the opposite direction, “To the medical room. Now.”

Baekhyun who joined in, who was hugging Sehun, “Can I do it?!”

I see Junmyeon put a hand on Baekhyun’s arm. He mutters something to the younger man, quietly. Baekhyun nods, “Um… nevermind. I’m going to do… stuff…”

“What is going on with them,” I question, looking to where Yixing was, only to see him halfway to the medical room. I couldn’t help but wonder how someone so tall could be so quiet. I frown, wondering why he’s acting weird since getting back. These past couple weeks since the day I was almost killed, we’ve been talking and friendly. A lot better than before when he was avoiding me. That only meant that Sehun and Baekhyun’s teasing got worse, bringing Jongdae and Chanyeol in on it too. They were relentless.

I walk into the room, seeing him hold a rag to his eyebrow, a bottle of disinfectant in his hand. “I’m cleaning it,” He says, his voice which is usually happier now dull and almost emotionless, but there was a tiny hint of emotion there.

Sadness.

He sits on a stool that’s fairly tall, but I could see his cut easily from a standing position. I silently stitch his cut up, trying to go slower than normal to see if he was going to speak first. I know it’s quite painful, since he had no anesthesia, we had none. He didn’t flinch at all, his eyes avoiding looking into mine.

“The little girl,” He says, finally breaking the silence. His voice more timid than usual. “She… she’s from where I’m from. Changsha.”

“China,” I say, “So, you were speaking Chinese…”

“What,” He asks, looking at me confused.

“Minseok and I were listening in on the comms,” I explain, walking to find a new, clean rag. “And… well, when I first got here and showered, I hear someone singing in a language I didn’t know. I heard you singing. Now I know it was Chinese.”

“Oh,” He says, looking down, a blush forming on his cheeks, “I didn’t know you heard that. I should have put it together.”

“Don’t be embarrassed,” I smile, “You have a really nice voice! It was very calming.”

“Thank you,” He says, looking to the right. “But… she was taken from her family and sold to the Kiyoung corporation. They illegally buy Inhumans from other countries where it’s legal to be one.”

“What kind of an would do that to people? Ugh. I’m glad you got her out of there, then,” I say, walking over with a new rag and wiping off blood from his face. “I can’t imagine what they do to them… to you all.”

He still avoids my gaze, “That happened to me. I was taken from my mother and sold here. To the Hyunsik’s company. I was alone and scared, just like her. Thankfully she was only there for a year, but… that’s still too long.”

I examine the stitches I did on him, “It is too long. I’m done, by the way.”

He looks up at me, “I’m glad you never had to go through what we did. It’s… like living a nightmare you can’t escape from. Now it’s like I’m living in a dream in comparison.” He stands, towering over me, smiling. “It just just a bit weird, like I was looking into the past in a way.”

“Yixing,” I start, “I… I want to ask you something, but I don’t want to upset you.”

“I doubt there is anything you could say that would upset me,” He says, stretching his arms.

“You said you were taken from your mother so… how come you haven’t gone back to China? To your mom?”

I see him freeze, tensing. I instantly knew that it was a very sore subject, one that was like a fresh wound. His hands turn into tight fists, but his face didn’t show anger. It showed pain. “You… you can’t return to someone who is dead.”

“How do you kn-”

“I just do,” He says, his voice growing stronger. It wasn’t mean, and he wasn’t yelling. He was just hurt. He turned away from me, taking a few steps to the door.

I frown, reaching out to him. “I’m sorry. I didn’t me-”

“I should go wash up,” He says, quickly exiting the room before I could touch him.


The air was forced out of my lungs as I laid there, looking up at the ceiling. I was panting heavily, sweat on my forehead. I see Minseok smile from above me, holding his hand out, pulling me up. “You’re getting much better. Stronger, too.”

“Yeah, she’d actually beat Baekhyun now,” Jongdae says, laughing, leaning into Baekhyun who was pouting. Chanyeol was laughing hysterically, also leaning into Baekhyun as he was sandwiched in between two people making fun of him.

“Remember, keep your feet apart, and knees bent a little,” Minseok instructs, “Your fast and excellent at dodging, but sometimes speed can’t beat someone who is a lot stronger than you.”

“Well, seeing as how I haven’t ever beaten you, or even Sehun for that matter, doesn’t seem as if speed helps at all.” I get myself ready, doing as he instructs. Taking a deep breath, I watch as he gets himself ready.

A second later, he steps forward, taking a swing, I move to the right, catching his wrist and hit him in the side as hard as I could. Before he could react, I step away, out of range of another one of his swings. What I wasn’t expecting was for him to swing his leg around. It hits me in my stomach, making me bend over. Before I knew it, I was, once again, looking up at the lights. I groan, grabbing my stomach, “Damn.” I frown, I can’t even beat them when they’re taking it very easy on me. How could I beat someone who was trying to hurt me?

“What’s going on here?”

I turn my head to the door from my spot on the floor, seeing the five who went out today coming in. They were clean, all of them with wet hair and smiles on their faces. Except one. He was still upset, but Yixing had a look of worry on his face.

“Junmyeon hyung,” Sehun says, “Remember, we’re teaching her to defend herself.” He glances at me from the floor, “Seems like it’s all been in vain, though.”

I frown, “I’m trying. I just… I don’t like hurting people!”

Sehun, who was now crouching over me, rolls his eyes. He glances over at Minseok, giving him a knowing smile and a wink. “Yes, yes, we know. But what happens if you’re taken and they try to kill you? What then?”

“I mean, it wouldn’t effect me really, if I died,” I say, taking a deep breath, closing my eyes.

“What does that even mean,” Kyungsoo asks. I glance over at him and he was giving me a confused look as he sat down on the edge of the trampoline.

“Well… when you die, it’s just over. No more pain. No more sadness. It’s just done. Dying is the easy part, it’s living that’s hard.” I say, my voice becoming softer. “Being the person left behind when your loved one dies is the worst, and my mom is already gone so there’s really no one to miss me.”

Everyone was quiet except Sehun, who scoffed. “‘No one to miss you’? Bull. We would miss you, idiot. You hate hurting people, right? Getting killed would hurt us all. More than you even know. So, learn how to protect yourself so that doesn’t happen.”

I sigh, sitting up, “Fine.”

Sehun smirks, looking over at Minseok. “She’ll be fighting me.”

Minseok shrugs, walking over and taking his water to the trampoline, where he hopped up to take a seat.

“I’m just going to lose again,” I mutter, putting my fists up.

“Feet apart more,” Minseok yells.

I shift my feet, looking at Sehun who just stand there and smirks. “Oh, you’re going to fight,” Sehun confidently says. “Though, you’re so weak it’s a wonder how you can do anything.”

I roll my eyes, taking a swing at him. He moves to the left, smirking even more.

“I’m not even sure if you were captured if you’d even be able to save yourself,” He grins, “You’d probably just take the easy way out and let yourself die.”

I go to kick him, but he just catches my foot and shoves it back, making me stumble. Before I could regain my balance, I feel a fist connect with my face, sending me back more, but I was still on my feet. Sehun wasn’t taking it as easy on me as he normally does.

“Hey,” Yixing yells, “You’re suppose to be teaching her!”

Sehun ignores him, grinning wickedly at me. “What happens if one of us was captured and it was you who had to save us? What then? Would you be too scared to move? Would you be so terrified you’d piss your pants?”

I glare, trying to keep myself calm as I regain my posture, dodging one of his punches and punch him in the gut. If it hurt Sehun, he didn’t show it. He kicked me in the chest, sending my flying backwards. I hit the mat the a loud thud, my head colliding with it. My vision blurs for a moment, a weird metal taste in my mouth. My ears ringing, as I look up and see him standing over me. It was like I had tunnel vision, feeling anger rise up. My hands were shaking as I continued to glare at him.

“You’d probably be selfish and let us die,” He taunts.

I move to get up, but he shoves me down, crouching over me. I glare at him, “What?”

“You’d have to be willing to fight for us, Y/N. Hell, we’d all do it for you. We probably don’t matter to you at all. You’d let them take us so we could be tested on again!” He yells down at me.

I shove at him, “No! I’d never!”

“What happens if they get us? What if they kill us? Me, Minseok? Junmyeon? Baekhyun?” He sneers at me, “What if they attack Yixing? Threaten to hurt him? Would you run in, knowing you’d have to possibly fight in order to save him?” He was smirking, knowing he was pushing a button. Sehun takes my shoulders and slams me down, “Or would you be selfish and let him die? Because, honestly, it seems like yo-”

I bring my fist back and slam it into his jaw, getting him off balance as I shift back, kicking him in the chest. He falls backwards and lands on his back. I struggle to stand up, seeing him getting onto one knee. I rush over and punch him in the face, “I wouldn’t do that! How could you think that?!”

Sehun, despite having a bloody nose, was smirking. He grabbed my ankle, pulling me down on one knee before I feel a fist hit my face. I heard some yelling from behind me, but I was too angry to care. I was quicker to stand up, getting over to him and kneeing him in the face, causing him to fall. I kick him in the ribs, tears of anger falling from my eyes, “I wouldn’t let that happen! I wouldn’t! You have to believe me!”

I feel two hands grab me and pick me up as if it was nothing. Looking back, I see Kyungsoo holding me.

Sehun was smiling, blood pouring from his nose. He sits up as he laughs, “She did it, Hyung! It’s not that she can’t fight, she just doesn’t want to hurt us!” He stands, grabbing at his ribs with a hiss, “, that hurt, Noona.”

I watch as Yixing walks over, looking at Sehun. “You’re nose is broken, and you have a fractured rib,” He says, before even touching him, his voice tense. He grabs Sehun by the shirt collar, “What in the hell was that?”

“I had to make her angry,” Sehun explains, looking at him. “She’ll be fine. Split lip and a few bruises is all. I was still holding back.”

“Try a concussion, idiot,” Yixing exclaims, glaring at the youngest member. He sighs, placing his hand on his arm for a second before he turns to me. Kyungsoo was still holding me in their air, so that I was eye level with Yixing. “How do you feel,” He asks, looking in my eyes. They were softer than before, but still upset.

With my rage subsiding, it was hard to focus on anything. “I kind feel like I’m drunk.”

I see Yixing turn to glare at Sehun, who shrugs, “You can fix her, it’s fine.”

“That’s not the point,” Yixing growls at him, before turning and placing his hand on my forehead. I shiver at the cool feeling, closing my eyes as Kyungsoo sets me on my feet. I stumble slightly, grabbing Yixing to keep myself steady as I regain my balance. The world was clearer now, that was obvious. The taste in my mouth gone and my head was no longer spinning.

“You don’t believe what you said, right,” I ask timidly, glancing over at Sehun.

“Actually,” he says, standing up with a grin, “I believe the exact opposite. I thought you would have noticed I was lying when I was saying it seems like you would.”

“My head was kind of all over the place then. When people lie to me, I get this warm feeling all over the inside of my head. I couldn’t really tell if I felt anything or not.”

“I’m sorry,” Sehun says sincerely, “I didn’t mean to actually hurt you. I guess I’m so use to fighting people like Minseok that when I wasn’t taking it completely easy on you, I went a bit harder than I thought. I forgot you’re a bit more fragile.” He turns, walking towards the door, “Besides, I have a feeling that if it ever happened again, SOMEONE would beat me to a pulp.”

“Yeah,” Beakhyun yells angrily, “Me! I can’t believe you did that!” He rushes after him.

“Baek, I forgave him already, stop,” I say with a sigh, knowing they’re too far to hear me. I look up at Yixing, “Thank you, again. I should go stop them before Baekhyun gets himself hurt.”

Kyungsoo laughed at that as I bolted past them, running to catch up.

After I managed to keep Baekhyun from antagonizing Sehun, we had dinner. It was a lot of rice, pork belly, and a multitude of sides. What’s different this time is a couple bottles were being passed around in celebration of freeing the children. Two soju and one wine, though there were also some beers in the refrigerator. Other than the one shot they had me do with them in celebration, I declined the rest. I was a light weight and i’m really embarrassing when i’m drunk.

Many of the five that went out today are getting completely wasted. Sehun, Jongin, Chanyeol, Yixing and Jongdae were all completely drunk. Minseok was like me, didn’t drink besides the shot, so he was the most sober besides me. As the night went on into the early morning, everyone was getting separated, sober ones helping drunk ones to their rooms.

Junmyeon pulled Sehun’s arm around his shoulders, lifting him to his feet. “Come on, let’s get to to bed.”

“But Suho,” the maknae whines, calling him my his code name. “I just wanna stay and talk some more.” His words slurring into each other.

“Not happening,” Junmyeon says with a laugh, looking over at me, “Think you can handle Yixing?”

“I’ll try,” I say, putting my hand on his arm, “Come on, let’s get you out of here.”

He smiles with his eyes closed, standing before stumbling a bit, “Ohhhh okay!”

I get his arm over my shoulders as we start to walk slowly to his room. If I wasn’t here he would have ran into a wall. He leans on me, resting his head on mine. “Where are we going?”

I pull him up as he was almost falling to the ground, “We’re going to your room. Got to get to your bed safe and sound.”

I hear him laugh, pushing himself away from me to look me in the eyes, His face was flushed and his eyes hazed over from the alcohol. He smirks at me, leaning close to my ear. “Y/N, that’s a bit forward, don’t you think,” He asks in a whisper, his words also slurring together.

I blush, “Um… that isn’t what I meant!”

I hear him chuckle. “Are you sure it’s not?” He stumbles and I barely hold us up as we finally reach the door to the clock tower stairs.

“I’m not going to take advantage of you,” I says as we slowly climb the stairs. “I don’t want to do that while you’re drunk.”

“What about when I’m sober,” He murmurs in my ear before pulling away and smirking.

My face was burning red as I ignore him. “I wish someone would have warned me you were a drunk,” I mutter to myself.

We continue up the stairs, him mumbling in Chinese words I can’t understand. It took another 15 minutes, but we finally get into the room as I help him onto his bed that’s up the stairs. I push him onto the bed, taking a deep breath. He’s really fit, but he was still heavier than I expected. “Goodnight Yixing,” I say, turning.

“I’m sorry,” He says, a small hiccup following right after. “I didn’t mean to get upset at you earlier…”

I turn back, looking at him, “Yixing, it’s fine. You don’t owe me any answers if you don’t want to give them.”

“It’s just painful,” He says, looking up at the ceiling. His bloodshot eyes filling with tears. “I understand what it feels like to lose a mother, Y/N. I did all I could and I still couldn’t…” He closes his eyes. I sit next to him on his bed and watch as tears fall from his eyes.

“They had her,” He says, his voice trembling. “I know she died because they had taken her from China and brought her here. I refused to use my power. They did so many awful things to others, but I still refused. Minseok still has the scar from when I didn’t heal him one time in there.”

I lean forward, wiping away his tears, “You don’t have to tell me this Yixing. You’re drunk and not thinking straight.”

“I made the decision to tell you before I was drunk,” He says, looking at me. I don’t feel the warmth in my mind, knowing that was the truth. His breath smells of beer and soju, words still slurring as one of his hands takes mine. “I drank that much because then I’d have the courage to talk about it. To think about it.”

“Then I’ll listen,” I say, rubbing my thumb on his cheek, wiping away another tear.

“I refused, so they took her from China. My own father helped get her here. He didn’t know I was an Inhuman until I was six. He got a really bad cut on his arm, and I put my hand on him in worry and it just happened. Once he found out he was disgusted,” Yixing says bitterly, glaring at the ceiling. “He hated mother after that, knowing she had the Inhuman gene. ing hypocrite. It takes both parents to have it.”

I stay silent, rubbing his shoulder comfortingly, trying to make it easier for him to speak. My own eyes were filling with tears as I listen to him speak. I was afraid that if I spoke right now, I’d scare him away like I did earlier.

“They told me ‘If you won’t heal them, you’ll heal her’. Then they shot her in the chest. They kept me chained up just far enough away so that I could barely touch her. They didn’t want me to shield her with my body.” He clenches a fist, “And every time I heal her, they did it again. Again, again, again, again!” His fist hit the mattress every time he said again as he did everything he could not to start to sob.

Tears fell freely from my eyes. My mind only filled with worry for him.

“It went on for days. Every minute of every hour,” He yelled, “I kept healing her, and she’d kept getting shot. She’d scream every time. It’s one of the worse sounds I’ve ever heard.” He started to sob, sitting up with his head in his hands. “I often wondered if she hated me for trying so hard to keep her alive. The pain she must of felt each time… it would have been more merciful to have just let her die the first time.” His hands grip his hair as he shakes, “I was so cruel to keep her alive to suffer that. And in the end it did even ing matter. I passed out due to exhaustion after healing her one last time, and when I woke up, they shot her again, only this time, I was chained away where I couldn’t reach her.”

I pull him to me, hugging him as he rests his head on my shoulder, wrapping his arms around me. I rub his back as he cried uncontrollably. My heart hurting for him as I cried silently, whispering to him sweet words and trying to take the pain away, knowing that it was impossible. He squeezed me tighter hugging me as if I was the last thing keeping him on earth.

Soon, his tears slowed and stopped as he looked up at me. His eyes redder from crying. “I’m sorry for making you cry,” He says, wiping my tears away.

“Don’t worry about that.” I take his face in my hands, “Yixing. I want to ask you something.” He simply nods, removing his hands from around me. I close my eyes and hope this wouldn’t upset him. “What… what was the last thing your mother said to you?”

He closes his eyes, trying to turn his head from me, but I kept his face where it was. “She said, in Chinese, ‘I love you, my little lamb. I always have and I always will.’”

“A mother’s love is unconditional,” I say, making him look at me. “She told you she loved you. Never doubt that. Why would she waste her last words on something that she didn’t truly feel with her whole heart?”

He looks at me, trying hard not to cry once again. He sits up completely straight, leaning forward. He pulls me towards him, his lips meeting my forehead. The skin there warm as I blush. My heartbeat going faster as he pulls away, looking deep into my eyes. “Thank you,” He whispers.

I hug him tightly again, rubbing his back. It wasn’t long until he’s asleep in my arms. I gently lay him down, pulling the blanket over him. I sit there a few moments more, smiling at the look of peace on his face. Soon, I get up, quietly going down the stairs as tears flowed down my eyes once more. The second I open the door that leads to the clock tower, I see Minseok and Baekhyun standing there, looking at me sadly.

“We know,” Baekhyun says quietly, “We know he told you.”

“He told us he would,” Minseok says sadly.

For the first time that night after hearing what those awful people put Yixing through, I pulled them both to me as I broke down sobbing. They both calm me much like I did with Yixing, and as they whisper sweet and kind things to me, I couldn’t help to wonder what they have been through as well.

An hour later of them talking to me, I finally made it back to my room.

“Are you sure you’re going to be ok,” Minseok asks, worry on his face.

I couldn’t bring myself to speak, so I nod. After a few more moments of them asking if I was fine, they left me with my thoughts. I flopped down on my bed over the blankets, pulling my knees to my chest. My thoughts filled with thoughts of Yixing as I finally start to drift to sleep as the sun started to rise. My rest plagued with nightmares as my mind creates what he confessed to me a few hours earlier.