Drabble: Surprise

Inhumans

I grinned, looking at the ultrasound picture in my hands. I could feel tears of happiness as I waited for Yixing to get home from the hospital. Sipping on decaf coffee, I try to calm myself. My hands were shaking so bad I almost spilled coffee on myself. Muttering curses, I rubbed my belly absentmindedly. I know I sent him to get pizza and ice cream, but I didn’t expect him to take this long to get home.

I hear the door open, and Yixing call out, “Hello? Where is my beautiful wife?”

“The kitchen,” I call out, quickly drying my hands and picking up the picture so that I could be the one to hand it to him.

He comes in, wearing casual clothes and setting down a pizza and quickly putting the bag with the ice cream in the freezer. He smiles, handing me a bouquet of roses that he had in the other hand. “Here you go,” He says, leaning forward and connected our lips in a chaste kiss.

“What are these for,” I ask, smiling as I quickly put the picture in my back pocket. I reach for a vase we have, preparing them by cutting the stems the perfect length.

He shrugs, stretching as he came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my middle. His hands rub my stomach, his head resting on top of mine. “No reason other than I love you,” He leans down, kissing my neck lightly, “And that I’m so proud that you’re the mother of our child.”

I smile, leaning back a little, feeling my back hurt a bit from just being pregnant. “I love you too, but you don’t have to buy me flowers for that! Besides, how was work?”

“It was great, I healed so many people, Y/N! People are starting to change about Inhumans! Xiu’s parents let me heal him! He gets to go and enjoy being a kid finally!” He says, holding me softly, but bouncing excitedly. His hands softly rubs circles on my stomach.

“That’s amazing,” I say, smiling. I know Yixing always feels bad when he legally can’t help the children. Part of him everyday wants to break the law and just heal them all, because it’s the right thing to do.

He nods, looking over my shoulder and down to my stomach. “Little one, I will always heal you, no matter what. I will always love you no matter what. Your mother will always love you too. We can’t wait to meet you. We’ve waited so long,” He says, his voice becoming a whisper.

My eyes fill with tears of happiness. Every time he talks to my stomach it makes me emotional. As I finished with the flowers, the circles stop, as I feel a kick connect with his hand.

He laughs, “See! You can’t wait to meet us either!”

“That’s so true,” I say, smiling as I look to him. “Sit down, I have something to tell you!”

He sits down on a stool by the island in the middle of the kitchen, “I’m all ears!”

“Remember how you and I both decided not to look at the ultrasounds until we could see if our kid is a boy or girl,” I ask, wrapping my hands around his neck.

He nods, his eyes getting wide in excitement, “So? Zian or Nayeon?”

I reach back, taking the picture out of my pocket, “Remember how I said I was too big for pregnancy and you said ‘No, Baobei, that’s not true’?”

He nods, taking the picture as I hand it to him. His eyes go wide, looking up at me. “Twins? We’re having twins?!”

I nod, my tears falling from my eyes as I hold my husband. Seeing the look of pure adoration on his face was a sight I will never forget. He leans forward, connecting our lips in a kiss as he laughs, holding my face in his hands, our foreheads touching. I watched as tears of happiness fell from his eyes too as he started to cry. He looked at me, “Y/N, twins! We talked about having two kids, and look!” He laughs, “I suppose you did only want to be pregnant once after all!”

I laugh, remember the conversations we had many times the past few months. We wanted two kids, but I hated being pregnant. Everything hurts, the morning sickness was awful. Yixing muttered soothing word to me time and time again as he held my hair back as I vomited every morning nearly. He always told me that he would be fine with one child, but he hated being an only kid and knew it was lonely. I knew it was lonely too, but honestly, pregnancy for me was pretty hellish. Now, we got our wish. I nod, feeling his hands wipe my tears away, “A boy and a girl.”

He grins, “Well, I was right after all. I knew our kid would be a girl when you said boy!”

I pout cutely, “That means I was right too, you know!” I wipe his eyes, leaning forward and kissing him softly again. “I love you, Zhang Yixing. I love you so much, you’re a wonderful husband and you’re going to be the best father… but I want that pizza and I want it now.”

He laughs, pecking my forehead, moving away to get me a plate of pizza, “Who am I to deny my pregnant wife?”

“A dead man if you did,” I say with a smile.

The rest of the night was spent eating, enjoying one another, and a lot of phone calls to every member of EXO. They all were happy, and apparently from the betting pool they had, the only one to guess twins was Sehun. He was not only happy to have a niece and nephew to teach and play with, but happy because apparently the money amount he won was ‘quite substantial’. As we listened to everyone react to the news, Yixing’s hand rubbed my stomach softly. I smile as I catch him looking over at me. He grins, mouthing words of love to me as we kept talking to everyone far into the night.