Drabble: Revenge Prank

Inhumans

A little diddy I wrote while missing writing Inhumans. Focuses on their children!


Zian and Nayeon Zhang were a very mischievous pair when they wanted to be, but rarely were they ever that way to their parents. It didn’t help that their mother could always tell when they were lying. They were also deter from it for the fact that they are always so nice and kind to them. They honestly felt like they had the most understanding mother and father in the world, and when they wanted to play pranks, just the thought of it made them feel bad for a very long time.

But all their uncles and aunt Neon, they loved playing tricks on them. They were both Inhumans, possessing powers which took them a bit to understand, but they got a hold of them quicker than most people. They had full control over their powers when they both were seven. Zian could create illusions. If it was simple and not super complex, he could even make it so they can be touched, though this took a toll. He he made one that can be touched, he’d often have a huge headache for days after. Because of that, this mostly just means making little spiders on the floor or making it seem like Uncle Sehun spilled wine on his carpet in Paris. Uncle Sehun was their favorite to play tricks on, simply because he whines a lot and pouts about it. He never let’s their mom and dad hear the end of it, which was a bonus.

Nayeon’s power was different. She was like a replay machine, in a sense. She’d just think of a question, make a movement with her hands and make a screen like thing to watch the past. Sometimes she can do the future, but it makes her sick and leaves her in bed for a week or more. While her power isn’t really something to trick people with, it’s her gift of a silver tongue that aids her brother’s illusions. It’s not a power, but she’s just very charming. She can talk her way into and out of anything for most people… except their mother, that is. Their father was wrapped around her finger. She was a daddy’s girl growing up and still is.

Today, for the first time, their target to their tricks is their father. It’s been seventeen years, after all, might as well finally play a prank on him. He’ll never expect it, after all. The problem is getting past their mother. So, they decided to try and get her in on it.

Nayeon’s hair was a bright purple as she twirled it around her finger, watching her mother sit on a swing they made in their backyard years back. She was older, a bit of wrinkles around her eyes, but other than that, she still looked in her twenties. Nayeon hoped to be as pretty as her when she was older. What made her grossed out was watching as her mother stitches up her own palm, sighing as the breeze went by.

“Momma,” Nayeon’s soft voice says, “If you would have waited, Dad could just fix it for you.”

Zian was sitting in the tree on a branch higher up. The two children have become somewhat reckless. They’d get hurt often since they knew their dad could just fix them. His hair was the same color as his sisters, though cut shorter. It was a bit curlier, though he had it styled and out of his face for now. His eyes have parts of it blue like their mother’s, unlike Nayeon. He lays flat against the branch, his eyes moving to his mom. “You know he’s going to insist the second he finds out!”

“Which is why he won’t,” their mother says coolly, glancing up at her son. “He’s always so tired after coming home from working, if he heals me, that would make him too tired to even stand, you all know that since you both would get hurt often.”

“So you don’t want Dad to know you’re hurt,” Xian says with a bit of a scoff. “If Dad knew we didn’t tell him when you’re hurt, he’ll be so pissed at us!”

“That doesn’t sound like it’s my problem,” Their mother says with a smirk as she ties off, using the scissors in her lap to cut off the rest of the surgical suture thread.

“It would be if we told him,” Nayeon says with a smile. “But, we won’t! If you help us prank Dad, that is!”

“So that is what you two have been whispering about for the past few days,” Y/N mutters, rolling her eyes. “Alright, i’ll bite. Why exactly do you want to prank Yixing and what are you both planning?”

Xian jumps down, moving to sit down in front of his mother so she wouldn’t have had to strain her neck to look up at him. He has this badass, ‘I don’t give a ’ look to him, but he was a total sweetheart just like his father. “We’re upset because he forgot something. Something very important!”

Y/N nods, “Alright. I take it you’re talking about our wedding anniversary?”
Nayeon gets up from the back porch, moving so she sat next to her brother, who was half a foot taller than her. “Yes! We are! It’s your 20th wedding anniversary, Mom!”

“According to Uncle Baekhyun-”

“Oh dear lord,” Y/N mutters, rolling her eyes again but with a small smirk on her face at the mention of Baekhyun.

“There’s a thing where a husband is suppose to give his wife something different depending on the year!” Zian says, finishing his sisters sentence.

“I don’t care about gifts,” Y/N mutters, looking down at the two in front of her. “Well, unless it’s a night to ourselves to have some wild-”

“Mom,” The two twins yell, covering their ears and leaning away.

Y/N laughs, smiling at the two. “Listen, I’m not upset that he forgot, but if it bugs you both that badly, I’ll… turn a blind eye to your prank.”

“Good,” Nayeon says, smiling, “Because twenty years is a huge deal! He should have gotten you whatever you wanted!”

“I wanted nothing, as I’ve said,” Y/N explains, standing before offering a hand to each of her children to help them stand.

Xian nods, “We just love you, Mom. We say the card you got him and how you had his piano fixed for your anniversary. We think it’s only fair.”

Y/N, who was definitely the smallest in the family, brings the two towards her, giving them both a hug. “It does warm my heart that you both care about me that much that you’re willing to prank your father, though.” Y/N leans up, giving them both a kiss on the cheek, Xian having to lean down farther than his sister. “Yixing will be home in ten minutes, wash your hands and get ready for dinner and I’ll forget you’re going to prank him soon. Just not tonight, please?”

They nod, and tell her in Korean ‘Yes mother’.

The next few days were going to be pure planning.
~

A few days later, Xian and Nayeon decided they’ll make it seems like their father’s piano was broken. The legs all fell off, everything about it was awful, and it was no longer useable. Granted, that was the illusion. They hid near by, watching and waiting for the moment their father got back from the local market.

Yixing opened the door to their house, quickly walking in. He, like his wife, had a few wrinkles around his eyes, but still looked great. He was in jeans and a tee, quickly walking past the stairs where they hid. They smirked, waiting for the moment for the big yelling of shock, only to be met with silence as he walks right past it and into the kitchen. He passes by Y/N, quickly setting the bag down and wrapping his arms around her.

“Hello Beautiful,” He says, smiling as he gives her a quick kiss. His arms around her and smiling at her lovingly. Even if they were trying to trick their father, they did always love seeing just how much they cared for one another. Some of their friends have parents who are only together because their families look down on divorce. They fight and look at one another with such hate. Yixing and Y/N was the complete opposite.

Nayeon looks over at Zian, who gave her a look of shock. This has never happened. He couldn’t have not seen it, since you have to literally look to it to get to their kitchen! For the rest of the day, they stayed there, waiting for their father to take notice of even say something and he never did. Y/N walked up the stairs, ruffling their hair as she passed.

“What is going on,” Xian says, huffing a bit as he crossed his arms. He was tried from holding the illusion up all day, making him a bit cranky.

Nayeon pouts, her arms hugging her legs as she watched her father and mother preparing dinner together. “I don’t know. He’s had to have seen it! Unless Mom told him…”

“Do you really think she would have,” Xian asks, looking over at the two adults, watching as their father finally finds out about the stitches in his wife’s palm.

“Absolutely,” Nayeon says, pouting. “I knew Mom would tell him! She has such a soft spot for him!

A few minutes later, they were called down. Yixing smiles, remarking how he hasn’t seen the both all day and how much he missed his two little otters. The old nickname bringing a small smile to their faces before they try to remain unaffected. Finally in the middle of dinner, when they had a nice cooked meal, did the two finally snap from the tension. Once they said it and told him what was going on, Yixing just laughed.

“It was so hard not to react to it all day,” He says, wiping a tear from his eye as he continued to laugh.

“What… how? Why,” Nayeon asks, words failing her for one of the few times they ever did.

Y/N just looks at her, giving them a wink before looking back at Yixing. She takes his hand, smiling at him before looking back at the two teens. “He didn’t forget our anniversary. What I asked him about, we had to discuss at length.”

Yixing nods, “It’s been a week of us talking about it, and so we’ve finally come to an agreement.”

Zian nods, moving for them to keep going as his sister leans into him, pouting a bit in curiousity.

“We want you to know what happened,” Yixing says, looking down at his hand that held Y/N’s. “All those years ago. Every Time you’d ask, we wouldn’t say anything because we were both scared of how you’ll think of us.”

“So we wanted to wait until you both were old enough,” Y/N explains, leaning her head onto Yixing’s shoulder. “So, that’s what I asked for as a 20th anniversary gift. I wanted to tell you both.”

The two chatterbox twins were silent, looking at the two across from them. They were both pillars of strength and honesty in their lives, but now they both seemed nervous. The twins have gotten bits of information here and there from passing conversations with their uncles, but they never heard a lot. All that they know is that they were in Korea during the Execution Era, a lot of bad things happen, and that sometimes their mother still wakes up with nightmares from something that happened.

The two in front of them looked uneasy and nervous. Not like they are ashamed of what it was that happened, but sad that it was necessary. Y/N looks at Nayeon, a few tears in her eyes, “So, tomorrow, when your Father and I are out for the day… we want you to use your power and see what happened.”

“We… we can’t tell you,” Yixing says, gulping seriously, “I… we don’t want to see the look on your face when you see it all the first time. After, when we get back home, we’ll talk about it.”

Xian looked over at his sister, thankful that he could see that she, too, was worried. “We don’t have to-”

“Yes. You do,” Y/N commands, “We… it’s killing me to keep it from you both. I can’t do it anymore.”

“Alright,” Nayeon says, nodding. “If… if that’s what you wanted, then we’ll do it. But nothing will change our opinions of you. We love you, you’re both the best parents anyone could have ever hoped for! You’ve been so good to us, better than we deserve most of the time!”

“That’s the damn truth,” Xian mutters, making Yixing laugh.

Y/N nods, “Just… know that everything we did… it was for freedom and for each other… and I guess your rotten uncles too.”

“They’re not all rotten,” Yixing says with a smile. “Junmyeon isn’t rotten. Neither is Kyungsoo or Minseok!”

“That’s three out of nine,” Y/N says, wiping away the tears that gathered in her eyes, “Those are not good odds at all!”

Xian smiles, looking at his parents as they continue on with their meal. His sister bumped her shoulder into his, smiling as she nods. Tomorrow they find out everything. They find out how and why their parents fell in love and what drew all of their uncles together.

But for now, they were enjoying watching their father freak out over the fact that he’d just learned about Y/N cut palm. They laugh, watching him look at her with worry and love as she just shrugs off the worry, claiming about how she was fine.

Nayeon and Xian knew that they would be fine after seeing the truth. Because that was who they were. This is who they are now, and they wouldn’t trade their parents for anything.