--2

To protect you

That night it rained. It rained so hard that Hakyeon couldn't listen to his music inside of the car in peace, the raindrops falling hardly on the windows of the car as the manager drove him back to his apartment after the meeting.

 

"Such a shame not everyone could go" Hakyeon said pouting. He was looking forward to meet all the actors and staff that was going to work with him on this new drama, but not everyone could go thanks to the thunderstorm that started moments before the meeting could start.

 

"You'll meet them all soon." The manager said and he hummed in agreement. The show would start to be recorded tomorrow, he would meet everyone there, or at least a big part of staff and the cast. He was excited.

 

"Hyung" Hakyeon said as he looked at his manager. His manager looked at him for a moment before going back to look at the road ahead. "Do you know anything else about all the MUSE issue..." Hakyeon asked. All that issue didn't left his mind throughout the whole day.

 

His manager cleared his throat before speaking. "Is not something you should worry about" He announced. It was true, that issue was something for Jaehwan and his manager to worry about, now that Wonshik has managed to get himself involved, it was his business now, but Hakyeon had nothing to do with it, still he was somehow worried.

 

"I was just curious." Hakyeon said before pouting. "But tell me, do you know anything?." He asked. His manager let out a defeated sigh before nodding.

 

"Apparently MUSE CEO told Mr. Yoon for Ravi and Leo to work together on a mini album, as if they were a kind of duet." The man added. "That means promotion, music shows, concerts and tours." He added.

 

Hakyeon stiffen in his seat before looking at his manager. "Did CEO-nim agreed?" Hakyeon said begging for the manager to say no. His manager nodded.

 

Hakyeon had investigated a little bit about that soloist that went to his company today as he was on the way to the meeting, Jung Taekwoon, or Leo was right now promoting and Ravi was supposed to have a comeback in two months.

 

If they promoted as a duet too they were going to be exhausted. "When are they starting to promote?" Hakyeon said.

 

"Leo's promotions end in a few days, so as soon as Leo's promotions end they are going to start preparing for the duet's promotions." He explained. Hakyeon gasped.

 

"He won't be able to rest properly." Hakyeon said. His manager just shrugged. Hakyeon has always have a very motherly behavior, he couldn't stand knowing that Taekwoon was going to be overworked like that, even if he didn't know the other boy.

 

And if he didn't know him and was worried, he could only imagine how worried the people that knew him were.

 

And hell they were worried.

 

Hyuk groaned in annoyance as his hyung told him about his next week schedule, full of meetings, practices, recordings, interviews, and more. Hongbin sighed as he took the paper from Taekwoon's hands again while studying the schedule. They were trying to fit a free hour or an hour were Taekwoon could eat without having to be inside the car.

 

"This schedule is unbelievably full, there's no way." Hongbin said. Hyuk sat down on the couch in front of the other two. Taekwoon just had a soloist comeback, he didn't even had a day free between the end of his soloist promotions and the start of his duet preparations.

 

Taekwoon yawned. "It doesn't matter, let's just go to sleep." He said as he stood up from the couch and stretched himself. Hongbin also yawned.

 

"I am also tired, but is not like it doesn't matters." Hongbin said while looking at Taekwoon. Taekwoon faintly smiled at him, worn out eyes looking at Hongbin as he took the paper into his hands. Hongbin let out a defeated sigh as he gave Taekwoon the paper.

 

Hongbin stood up from the couch too and the two olders started to walked towards their rooms before stopping and looking back at Hyuk who was still sitting on the couch. "Hyoggie, right now we won't solve anything." Taekwoon said. "Let's go to sleep."

 

"You two go." Hyuk said. "I don't have schedule tomorrow, you two do." Hyuk remembered them. They both said goodnight to him as they walked towards their own bedrooms. Hyuk took a deep breath letting out a sigh.

 

When he heard that morning one of the trainees talking about the issue between FT's Ken and Leo he knew it was going to end up being perjudicial for Leo. In MUSE it always ends up being perjudicial for the artists.

 

The company wasn't always like this. When Hyuk joined the company for two years ago they still treated the artist like human beings instead of just products or money making machines. They were very careful with the health of the artists and trainees, they had monthly health checks up and they took it very seriously.

 

Now, the company was even afraid when they had to take the artist to the hospital when they got sick...especially if they had to take Hongbin to get check up. The company has turned into hell on earth for artists, overworking the ones that work out and treating the ones that don't like trash.

 

He hated so many things from the company, but he couldn't do anything, he still had other 9 years of contract and he wasn't brave enough to just break the contract and leave. The only thing he could do right now was to grit his teeth and fake a smile.

 

He stood up from the couch and walked slowly towards the other's bedroom. He opened Hongbin's door noticing how to the actor was already fast asleep, Hongbin liked to keep things clean, his room was very neat, even if it was because Hongbin spent most time outside of the dorms than at home. He closed the door silently before walking towards Taekwoon's room. The older was sleeping too, his room was very different from Hongbin, papers and clothes everywhere, even coffee mugs around the room. Hyuk rolled his eyes as he closed the door before heading to his own room.

 

The next morning arrived quickly.

 

Wonshik groaned annoyed as he walked out of the CEO's office before walking towards his own studio. Now he was trapped in a duet with that singer Taekwoon. He sat down on his chair groaning in annoyance.

 

He was going to have to start working with the soloist in less than two days. He better start working on a song or something but he couldn't really think in nothing. He was in distressed. He knew he did wrong. He shouldn't have get involved in all that trouble, maybe he wouldn't be in this situation if he hadn't.

 

The door of his studio was softly knocked. "Come in." He said. Someone walked into the studio and he turned his chair around to see the guest. He smiled at Ken. "Hey." He said. Ken sat down on the couch.

 

"I heard about the duet." Ken said as he stretched on the couch. "Are you working on a song for it?"

 

Wonshik nodded. "I don't know that guy's style, type of voice, stage name..." Wonshik complained in frustration. He didn't wanted to do this but now that he was doing it, he wanted to do it right.

 

"I think Hakyeon hyung knows." Ken pointed out. "He seems to know everything, he was the one to tell me about the duet." Ken added. Wonshik turned to look at Jaehwan and simply smiled, Hakyeon had ears everywhere.

 

He took his phone before texting Hakyeon to see if the older had information about the soloist, quickly receiving a message with his stage name and a video. Wonshik played the video and he and Jaehwan watched it on Wonshik's phone.

 

The rapper was surprised, to say otherwise would be a lie. His voice was soft, so soft and delicate, it somehow fitted his delicate looks. He could reach high notes with such an ease and Wonshik couldn't help himself but wonder how high could that guy go.

 

He wanted to test how high he could go.

 

"He is good." Jaehwan  admired and Wonshik nodded in agreement. "I think your deep voice and his high pitched voice would go together extremely nice." Jaehwan said in awe and Wonshik nodded again.

 

"How high do you think he can go." Wonshik asked absent-minded. Jaehwan shrugged. "I'll work with this." He decided as he put his phone away. He started to softly tap on his keyboard as he thought in a melody or theme.

 

On the other side of the company. Hakyeon got into his manager's car before they started to drive towards the recording set. They quickly reached the filming set and got out. Hakyeon greeted everyone as he walked into the set with a warm smile, ready for his day.

 

People at the set smiled at him, waving back at him happily. Hakyeon was seemed to be loved by everyone.

 

Hongbin hated it.

 

Maybe it was the fact that the other actor seemed to have everything way too easy. He seemed to be that kind of person who has never faced hardships. Just that thought alone made Hongbin see red.

 

"Oh!" Hakyeon exclaimed once he spotted the other actor. Hakyeon quickly made his way towards Hongbin who was just finishing some details on his makeup. He couldn't move or run away to hide from the other actor. He cursed under his breath. "I guess you are Hongbinnie" Hakyeon said smiling brightly. "You didn't come yesterday for the meeting." Hakyeon remembered pouting.

 

He was so excited to meet Hongbin, he has never worked with the other, and for what he found on internet, Hongbin has only worked on web-dramas, small cameos and short series, but God the guy was talented.

 

"Oh...right, it was raining really hard" He said faking a soft smile, his dimples showing up. Hakyeon looked at him for a few moments before poking Hongbin's dimple and then laughing.

 

"How cute" He said. "Let's work hard together, Binnie." Hakyeon said already giving the other a nickname.

 

Hongbin saw how the other one strolled away continuing to greet the other actors and staff.

 

He hated Hakyeon so much.

 

The other one was so bold...so weird.

 

His looks were hard to find, his skin tone was really weird in Asia, he had the face of a teenager despite being in his late 20s and his body...his body was so beautiful. Thin body, small waist with big hips.

 

He really was something else.

 

His personality was no normal either. The guy was so confident, he had a narcissist behavior. A behavior everyone should hate! No one stands a narcissist, but God, Hakyeon had something, maybe it was his innocent behavior paired with his childish smile, but that narcissist behavior Hakyeon had was almost like the self-confidence of a child. A person that keeps dreaming, a person that hasn't know of real pain yet.

 

Hongbin hated him because he envied him.

 

He envied everything about Cha Hakyeon and that didn't just made him hate the older guy, but it also made him hate himself. His family has taught him better, how disappointed they would be if they knew how jealous Hongbin was because he didn't had the body nor life Cha Hakyeon had.

 

It wasn't until one of the stylist called his name that he notice how badly he was shaking, or how tears were starting to form on his eyes. The stylist looked at him, eyes filled with worry, Hongbin smiled. "Don't worry" He said showing one of the fake smiles he had learn to put up.

 

After that, fear rushed through his body. He needed to keep himself together, he couldn't have a panic attack nor a blackout just because Cha Hakyeon was there.

 

He had been doing so well the past weeks, he just needed to keep up the facade. He couldn't let the insecurities that were creeping on the dark corners of his mind attack him at that moment.

 

He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath, quietly trying to keep all his thoughts under control, replacing the criticism and the hate with the soft words Hyuk usually whispers to him whenever he has a panic attack.

 

"Everyone ready? Let's start!" He heard the director yelled.