--3

To protect you

Hyuk took a deep breath as he rested his back against the door of the bathroom. He held his phone close to his ear as the water of the shower ran in the background. He heard the knock of the door again. "Hyuk-ah?" He heard Taekwoon.

 

"I am almost out hyung!" Hyuk yelled before pressing his phone against his ear again. "Sorry, I am not interested" He said.

 

"Sanghyuk, listen, you have talent, you have a future. If you come to our company, we will make you shine, everyone in Korea will know your name." The person on the other side of the phone said. "Furthermore, you'll be treat nicely."

 

Hyuk gulped. It was the 5th company that called him this month, they all said the same thing : you'll be treat nicely, you'll be treat like a human, we'll work under your terms. And God Sanghyuk wanted to accept, he wanted his torture to end, go to a better company.

 

He didn't care anymore if the company was big or small. He just wanted to feel human again.

 

But he couldn't.

 

It wasn't the contrat, the others company have told him how easily is to buy an artist from another company.

 

It was his hyungs.

 

"Hyuk-ah? Are you sure you are okay?" Taekwoon asked again.

 

If he lets Hongbin and Taekwoon alone, he knew those two weren't going to be able to hold up and he couldn't leave them alone. Hyuk hang up and let out a heavy sigh as he buried his face between his arms.

 

"Sanghyuk!" Taekwoon yelled knocking on the door loudly. Sanghyuk stood up from the floor quickly opening the door.

 

"I said I was okay!." Hyuk yelled loudly as he opened the door. Taekwoon stared at him, shock filling his eyes before he looked down and nodded. Hyuk felt guilt striking through his heart but before he could say anything, Taekwoon left getting into his room.

 

Hyuk felt his body heavy. There was too much going on.

 

This companies that didn't stop calling him, he was worried for Taekwoon's exhausting schedule, he was also worried for the new show he was going to start doing with some idol from FT Entertainment and it all was just being an squeezing weight on his shoulder.

 

He walked into the bathroom before turning the shower off. He walked towards the kitchen to pour himself a cup of water before seeing Taekwoon walking towards the door. "Are you going to practice?" Hyuk asked, receiving a short nod from the older. "Don't overwork" He whispered.

 

It was a phrase they were already used to repeat, but it didn't mean anything for them anymore. Now, whenever any of them heard that phrase, the first thing to come up on their minds was how do I keep from overworking?. It was also a question none of them ever asked because the answer was something they didn't want to hear.

 

Everything they did was overwork for their bodies.

 

With almost no food and lack of sleep, their bodies barely had energy to move around.

 

Hyuk wasn't good at hiding himself when he was tired, but Taekwoon and Hongbin were masters at that. It seemed as if they get more tired, they get better at lying.

 

Hongbin especially.

 

"Let's take a break!" The director said after another scene was recorded. Everyone quickly rushed to redo their makeups and to read again their scripts. Hongbin read over his script again as a woman fixed his hair.

 

"Everyone!" He heard someone exclaim. "Come eat!" The producer called out. Ah yeah, he had heard there was going to be some kind of buffet today for the staff and actors. The woman finished his hair and smiled at him.

 

He thanked her before slowly making his way towards the buffet table. He walked towards it so slowly, as if he was scared of not being welcomed. He took a look at the table were multiple people was serving themselves from.

 

There was fried chicken, meat, yogurt, fruits, kimchi, and more. He was sure there was at least one thing for any kind of eater...not for Hongbin thought. He looked down at the floor before walking away from the table.

 

He was hungry, he skipped breakfast that morning and dinner and lunch the day before. He thought for a moment about going back and maybe just eat a fruit, but he stopped in front of a full-length mirror, looking at his body on it before shaking the thoughts of food away and walking back towards where his script was left at to continue practicing.

 

He sat down on the floor of the set as he read his script, it wasn't long after he sat that he felt someone behind him. He looked back to see Hakyeon kneeling behind him with a plate full of food.

 

How can he eat all that and keep his figure…?

 

"Binnie, aren't you going to eat?" Hakyeon said as he finished munching on his food. He sat next to Hongbin placing the plate next to him on the floor. Hongbin just shook his head. "You sure? Is free and really good." He said.

 

Hongbin shook his head again, hoping for Hakyeon to stop pressuring him, but of course, luck has never been on his side. Hakyeon took one of the chicken wings he had on the plate and hand it over to Hongbin. "Eat it" He ordered before going back to eat.

 

Hongbin stared at the chicken for a moment, it's been a while since he ate chicken, still he shook his head. It was fried chicken, that thing had way too many calories. Hakyeon looked at him for a moment.

 

Hongbin was thin, maybe too thin. It worried Hakyeon.

 

Once again, he was worrying for people he didn't know, he probably shouldn't worry about him, probably he just did a lot of exercising. Hakyeon didn't commented anything else as he continued to eat, sometimes offering Hongbin something from his plate, but the other rejected everything.

 

Hakyeon kept telling himself to not worry. He was worrying too much, texting Jaehwan to remember him to rest between practices, texting Wonshik to remember him to eat and to not stay the whole night working, and now worrying about Hongbin too?

 

Maybe it was nothing, maybe Hongbin just wasn't hungry, maybe he was slightly sick, but Hakyeon had a weird feeling.

 

He had something bothering him deep inside his heart, something that would force him to look over at Hongbin from time to time while recording, forcing him to be on edge if he needed to help Hongbin at any given moment. It was also that same feeling that made him search for the actor on google and when he found out the actor was from the same company as Jung Taekwoon, his heart felt heavy.

 

At exactly 3:20PM, Hakyeon was thanking God his weird feeling wouldn't let him take his eyes off of Hongbin.

 

Hongbin was recording a scene alone with a woman that was acting as his mother as Hakyeon reminded behind the cameras watching everything. He noticed the sudden change on Hongbin's posture, how he would blink more than usual and how he would keep his eyes close just for 1 second more than usual.

 

Thanks to all that, as soon as Hongbin fainted his body reacted, dashing towards the younger and catching him before his head hit the floor.

 

"Someone call an ambulance!" Someone from the staff order as Hakyeon laid Hongbin on the floor, trying to think on what to do first.

 

The phone at the dorms rang and Hyuk picked it up at the third ring. "Yes?" He said. The words from the other side of the line were shocking. Hyuk's memories are slightly blurry, he remembers running out of the apartment while sending Taekwoon a message and before he knew it, he was at the hospital where apparently Hongbin was brought at.

 

"How do you think is Hakyeon hyung? He stopped sending me messages an hour ago." Wonshik said as he checked his phone. Jaehwan shrugged.

 

"Probably got busy with the recording." Jaehwan said as he put his phone down. "Can I listen to the song?" Jaehwan said.

 

Miraculously, Wonshik has managed to finish writing and composing a song in a day. He did thought it all was a bit rush, they wanted to start the preparations tomorrow at exactly 6PM.

 

"Sure." Wonshik said as he played the song on his laptop while Jaehwan listened carefully.

 

"Oh, I like it a lot." Jaehwan said once the song ended. Wonshik smiled.

 

"I am glad, but, shouldn't you head home, you have a show tomorrow, don't you?" Wonshik remembered and Jaehwan nodded as he stretched while standing up from the chair.

 

"Good night, Shikkie. Remember not to stay until too late." Jaehwan said and Wonshik just nodded as he spun his chair to go back to work. He needed to perfectionate the song. He had decided to go a little bit crazy, adding a three-octaves high note on the song for Leo to do.

 

He was still considering the idea of taking it out.