-11

To protect you

Hongbin grimmanced at the cold feeling against his lips as Hakyeon tried to get him to taste the chocolate ice cream. "You'll love it." Hakyeon tried but Hongbin shook his head stubbornly.

 

Hongbin was sure that he would love that ice cream, the shop they were at was one of the best in all Korea, he never got to taste the ice cream of that place because of the high prices, but he has heard that it was the best thing in the world, furthermore, Hongbin was weak for chocolate.

 

But he couldn't, he has broken his diet too much this week.

 

Hakyeon frowned as he took another spoonful of his ice cream. "Come on, just taste it!" Hakyeon whined like a child. Hongbin shook his head again. Hakyeon frowned. A smirked play on the actor's face as he took his phone out.

 

"Hello!" He said enthusiastically to the phone, he then moved the screen towards Hongbin showing to be filming a live for his instagram. Hongbin watched as the hearts on the left side of the screen started to appear and how the amount of viewers increased at an incredible speed. "I am taking a break from filming and came to eat ice cream with Hongbinnie!" He said. Hongbin just put on his best fake smile while waving at the camera.

 

Hakyeon's fan were eagerly commenting about how good looking Hakyeon was, happily commenting about how good it was for Hakyeon to have friends and excitedly commenting about how happy Hakyeon seemed. So much love for Hakyeon, love that Hongbin was sure he would never receive.

 

Hongbin obviously missed the multiple comments saying how good looking Hongbin was or the comments saying how good would Hongbin and Hakyeon look together. "But, Hongbinnie doesn't wants to taste the ice cream" Hakyeon pouted and Hongbin glared.

 

Evil little dwarf!

 

Hakyeon had noticed something in Hongbin, whenever there were tons of people watching, Hongbin would eat without complaining, of course he would, he couldn't rise suspections of he being sick, that would drop his popularity to the floor and will probably keep shows from casting him.

 

Hongbin faked a smile as he quickly moved his hand. The comment section was flood with people telling Hongbin to taste the ice cream. Hakyeon read some before putting the ice cream closer to Hongbin.

 

"Just a bit!" Hakyeon pushed and Hongbin chuckled before leaning closer. He could hear the voice of his manager bickering at him for eating the ice cream. He a bit of the chocolate flavored sweet just to appease Hakyeon and his evil minions.

 

Still, that small was Hongbin's end as he started to crave more of the sweet flavor, and of course, Hakyeon wasn't going to let Hongbin go with just one to the ice cream...also...God, how Hongbin loved chocolate.

 

Jaehwan felt guilty. He didn't know what to tell to Hyuk, what to do to make the younger one feel better. They both were on Jaehwan's couch, in silence, the air was tense as the movie they were supposedly watching played on the background.

 

Jaehwan got closer to Hyuk before taking the younger's chin. He moved Hyuk's face slowly to make the other one face him. "I am sorry" Jaehwan whispered and Hyuk shook his head.

 

"You did nothing." Hyuk said. If Jaehwan did anything was to lean Hyuk a helping hand. "Taekwoon hyung and Hongbin Hyung will have to listen to me sooner or later." Hyuk whispered, more to himself than to Jaehwan.

 

"I am sorry I can't do anything to make this easier." Jaehwan said. That was everything Jaehwan wanted to do at the moment, he wanted to speed things up, he wanted those three to talk already, he couldn't bare to see Hyuk so downcast. He knew hyuk didn't left the company to hurt them, he was the one to tell Hyuk to leave to help those other two out, but he didn't expect for Leo Hyung and Hongbinnie to react in such a bad way.

 

Hyuk turned to face Jaehwan and softly smiled, a real soft smile. He leaned closer to Jaehwan before softly pressing his lips against Jaehwan's forehead. "You just need to stay be my side, that is enough help." Hyuk said. "I just need someone to remind me that everything will be okay and you are doing that."

 

Jaehwan pouted. "I want to do more than enough." Jaehwan said and Hyuk's smile turned slightly brighter, pressing his fingers slightly on top of Jaehwan's cute pout.

 

"You are doing more than enough." Hyuk said and Jaehwan glared at him before letting out a sigh and focusing again on his TV. After a few more silent minutes, he changed his position so his head was resting on Hyuk's lap.

 

As he looked at the screen, he could see their reflection on it.

 

They surely did look like a couple, didn't they? Hyuk patting Jaehwan's brown hair softly as he smiled while looking at the screen and Jaehwan had his head resting on Hyuk's lap, a small smile playing on his lips.

 

It has been like this they started to live together when Hyuk changed companies. Small, trivial actions and interactions that could easily be misunderstood, Hyuk feeding Jaehwan in the morning, or both of them deciding to sleep together cuddling on Jaewhan'’s bed, Jaehwan liked this, maybe it was the lack of this kind of interactions, or maybe it was that he himself was confused by the small actions hyuk kept doing.

 

Either way, he didn't mind.

 

Still at FT's building, Wonshik listened attentive as Taekwoon finished recording what remained of one of the songs of their mini album. After that encounter with Hyuk and Jaehwan, Taekwoon was left shaken, almost as shaken as when he got to the studio that morning.

 

After a while of Wonshik calming him down, he finally got the other one to relax and focus again on the songs, still, Wonshik wasn't relax at all. His eyes studying the fragile hyung that was inside of his recording booth, as if he was afraid the older one would collapse right there.

 

"Nice" Wonshik said. "I think we are done for today."

 

Taekwoon nodded. Taekwoon took his things but stopped at the door. Did he really just wanted to go home already? He turned in silence to look at Wonshik just to find the younger one staring at him.

 

"Want to go have dinner?" Wonshik asked after a few minutes noticing that Taekwoon wasn't leaving. Maybe they could spend a little bit of time together, maybe Taekwoon wanted to stay with Wonshik.

 

"Sure." Taekwoon whispered for Wonshik's surprise. He wasn't actually expecting for Taekwoon to accept his propose.

 

Hongbin wasn't use to it. But well, this past days have been full of things that Hongbin wasn't use to, and Hongbin hated things he wasn't use to. He looked around the empty apartment, usually either Taekwoon or Hyuk would be there to greet him and welcome him home, but there was no one.

 

Suddenly, the small apartment seemed too big, too empty. The apartment he learnt to call home and to somehow feel calm at was suddenly unknown and gave him an awful feeling. He didn't want to be there, not alone.

 

He sat down on the couch before taking his phone out.

 

Are you coming home tonight, hyung?

 

He sent the message to Taekwoon. The older one hardly slept out of the apartment, actually, some artist of MUSE weren't allow to sleep out, it all depended on how sick there manager was, Taekwoon was lucky enough to have Mr. Park as his manager, the man was one of the people at the company that still had a heart and still saw the artist as human beings. Hyuk was lucky enough to have a manager that didn't really cared what Hyuk did as long as it didn't mess with his schedule.

 

Hongbin wasn't as lucky, if he ever dare to sleep outside of his dorm, he would be severely punished by his manager, it didn't matter if it messed his schedule or not. Hongbin has never liked being alone and Taekwoon and Hongbin always felt bad for tying Hyuk down to them, so Taekwoon never slept out to keep company to Hongbin.

 

Now that Hyuk wasn't there...that didn't had to change...right?

 

Are you already at home…? If you want me to, I'll go there as soon as possible, I was with a friend.

 

Hongbin felt bad. Taekwoon barely had any acquaintances besides Hongbin and Hyuk, now that the older one was with a friend, Hongbin didn't wanted for him to ruin that just because Hongbin was coward enough to be scared to alone at the apartment.

 

No, is fine. Don't worry...My manager is staying over anyways...

 

He send the message a let himself fall on the couch. He was lying but Taekwoon wouldn't know that, there were days where Hongbin's manager would decide to stay at their apartment, usually those days it was because Hongbin had a really early schedule the next day.

 

If he does something to you call me.

 

Hongbin just answered with a short sure, before looking to the lonely apartment. He wasn't going to be able to rest at all knowing he was alone there. He looked at his phone, thinking in maybe calling or texting Hyuk…

 

Even if Hyuk wasn't part of MUSE anymore...he wouldn't ignore Hongbin...right? They were like brothers at the end, if Hongbin needed the younger one he would go to him right?...How messed up was that?.

 

No, Hongbin couldn't annoy Hyuk now. Hyuk left the company to be free, to look for better opportunities, not to be tied down by Hongbin even after leaving. Hongbin immediately scratched the idea out.

 

And then, as if it was fated, Hongbin's phone ran as another message arrived, this time through instagram. He looked at the username before opening the message.

 

Hi Hongbinnie! It's Hakyeon-ssi~ I found your instagram on internet! I was just dming you to wish you a good night!

 

Hakyeon wasn't waiting nor hoping for any reply from Hongbin, he was actually expecting for the younger boy to block his account or something like that, but then the cursive words on the screen that read Typing showed up.

 

Hyung...mmm, could you maybe, come by? I am alone at my apartment…

 

Hakyeon was confused by the message but the message quickly disappeared, Hakyeon guessed Hongbin unsended it.

 

Leave me alone.

 

Read the next message Hongbin send and Hakyeon laughed. He noticed Hongbin small changes, how the younger guy wanted to open up to Hakyeon but seemed scared to do so. Hakyeon quickly replied.

 

Are you scared alone at home? Send me your address and I'll go there.

 

Minutes later, an address was sent to Hakyeon's account. Hakyeon got up from his bed, changing his clothes and packing a small bag before heading out of his own apartment. He got into his car and sent a quick message to his manager letting him know where he was going to be the next morning.

 

He drove towards the direction and got there in minutes after making a short stop.

 

Hongbin was dying of embarrassment when he send the direction to Hakyeon. He wasn't just inviting that clingy hyung to his small, messy apartment, he was also admitting he was scared of being alone there.

 

When the doorbell was rang, Hongbin slowly made his way to the door opening it a little bit before fully opening after checking who was on the other side. Hakyeon smiled brightly as he stepped in before hugging Hongbin.

 

Hongbin wasn't use to skinship like this, no with strangers, but he brought his hands up, hugging back slowly. Hakyeon pulled back and smiled at him. Hongbin closed the door behind him. "You live here alone?" Hakyeon asked as he looked around at the apartment.

 

Hongbin shook his head in negation but didn't gave a verbal answer. It wasn't as if Hakyeon needed it as he turned to face Hongbin just as Hongbin shook his head. Hakyeon simply smiled as he walked closer to Hongbin before showing him a supermarket bag. "I brought food."

 

"Do you have food everywhere you go to?!" Hongbin exclaimed. "I am going to get so fat if I keep hanging out with you" Hongbin complained in a bashful whisper while looking down at the floor. Hakyeon frowned and walked towards Hongbin before poking the youngest's belly.

 

Hongbin quickly wrapped his arms around his stomach. He was about to complain but Hakyeon pointed at him his finger. "No, you are way too thin, gaining some weight will be good for your health." He said before starting to walk towards the counter to place the food. "And yes, I'll have food everywhere I go when I know I'll see you." He says before turning to look at Hongbin. "I need to make sure you are taking care." He said.

 

Something in the older's voice warmth Hongbin inside. Hongbin just murmured a thanks before walking towards the counter. Hakyeon had brought sushi. They both took a seat on the stolls and Hakyeon took the chopsticks and roll before taking it to Hongbin's lips.

 

"I am not a baby bird, I can feed myself." Hongbin grumbled and Hakyeon stared at him for a minute before pressing the roll against the younger's close lips. Hongbin sighed but finally opened his mouth accepting the food.

 

After the food was finished, Hakyeon offered himself to clean up and Hongbin went to shower. The purple marks on his body showing on the mirror as he undressed himself. After showering, he changed into his pajamas before moving into the living room.

 

Hakyeon was already changed too as he waited on the living room. "You can sleep on the empty room..." Hongbin said. He was about to say Hyuk's room, but soon remember Hakyeon didn't know who Hyuk was and that Hakyeon didn't need to know that.

 

The older just nodded and Hongbin got everything ready on the, now, empty room. They bid farewell and went to rest.

 

Hakyeon jumped up, waking up from his sleeps when he heard a loud scream echoing through the house. He immediately rushed through the house until he reached the door that was half open. He bursted in and saw Hongbin sitting on the bed, trembling.

 

Hakyeon crawled on the bed before wrapping his arms around Hongbin. "Hush now, you were scared weren't you?." He said. "I am here now, everything is fine."

 

Hongbin reacted by turning around to bury his face on Hakyeon's chest. Hakyeon smiled softly before falling on the bed while pulling Hongbin with him. "Is fine, you can go back to sleep, I'll stay here." Hakyeon assured the younger one.

 

He felt Hongbin nodding. Hakyeon hummed softly as he waited for Hongbin to drifted away and somewhere while he was humming his soft melody, he fell asleep too.