--6

To protect you

Hyuk woke up the next morning. Jaehwan was lying next to him and he was in a room he didn't know.

 

Memories of last time flashed through his mind as a movie, he looked back at Jaehwan with a soft smile slowly creeping into his lips. No, for your information they didn't do anything last night, but it surely was a fun night.

 

“Jaehwan hyung” He called out, Jaehwan answered with a sleepy hum and Hyuk smiled, leaning closer. “Hyung, wake up”

 

Jaehwan reluctantly opened one of his eyes, looking at Hyuk. Hyuk’s torso and abdomen were exposed as He crawled closer to Jaehwan, the older one smiled at the memories of last night. “Last night was fun” Jaehwan whispered and Hyuk laughed.

 

“Want breakfast?” Hyuk asked and Jaehwan nodded. Hyuk crawled out of the bed, putting his clothes on before going towards the kitchen.

 

His phone laid forgotten on the kitchen’s counter.

 

37 missed phone calls

219 messages

 

Damn.

 

He quickly took his phone reading scrolling through the messages from Hongbin and Taekwoon, making sure nothing had happened as he was gone.

 

Luckily the messages were normal worried messages.

 

Sorry hyung, I asleep at a friend’s home.

 

He answered to the texts of Taekwoon before answering something similar to Hongbin.

 

He went back to cook before hearing Jaehwan stepping into the living room. “I am so dizzy” Jaehwan complained and Hyuk laughed.

 

When his phone vibrated, Taekwoon was sitting on the couch of Wonshik’s studio as they finished the last details of the title song. “I like it” Wonshik said satisfied with the results. “Shall we move to the next song?” He said looking back at Taekwoon. The older one just nodded.

 

Wonshik looked through the pages of his notebook where some of his songs were at as he tried to find the other song he composed. “Poison” he said.

 

Taekwoon nodded again as he listened to the track being played.

 

Wonshik spend the whole night working on it. He was surprised neither Jaehwan nor Hakyeon had text him to send him home.

 

But Jaehwan was busy with someone else and Hakyeon...Hakyeon spend the whole night awake, thinking.

 

He spent the whole night putting the pieces of the puzzle in their place, and almost every piece lead him to the same result. Did Hongbin had anorexia?

 

It wasn't his place to confront the other about it, it also wasn't something for him to worry about, but still there he was, walking towards where the other boy was laying at on the ground of the park where they were filming at.

 

Hongbin was wearing a white shirt with a pair of black jeans, his brown hair and the green grass around him made perfect contrast with the white shirt and almost as white skin. He looked angelical, Hakyeon though he was looking at Hongbin through a screen, there is no way a human being looked so beautiful, so divine without some kind of filter, but there he was, facing Hongbin, whose eyes were close, his eyelashes softly brushing against his skin and his eyelids softly trembling from time to time, Hakyeon thought the other one was asleep, but still sat down next to his fellow actor. "Hongbinnie." He called out.

 

Hongbin wanted to fake being sleep, God, Hongbin wanted to fake being dead, but to his own despair, his body reacted to his name being called. His eyes opened softly and Hakyeon noticed. "Hyung?." Hongbin said as if he was just waking up.

 

Hakyeon waved at Hongbin as he looked at the other one right in the eyes. Hongbin shifted his position so he was lying on his side looking at Hakyeon. "How are you feeling today, Binnie?." Hakyeon asked.

 

"I am good." Hongbin simply said hoping that would pacify the older and make him to leave him alone. Hakyeon simply smiled.

 

"That's good." Hakyeon said. "What did you eat this morning for breakfast?" Hakyeon asked. Hongbin was taken aback, he looked up, trying to find anything on Hakyeon's face, trying to find a hint of malicious thoughts, a hint of mischievousness, maybe he was asking to make fun of Hongbin? But Hongbin couldn't find any of that on Hakyeon's face. "I had a sandwich." Hakyeon continued.

 

"I didn't have breakfast..." Hongbin said. That morning, with no Hyuk to force him to eat or drink a nutritional supplement and with Taekwoon leaving earlier to work with Wonshik on his new project, he just freely skipped breakfast and didn't bother to pack anything for lunch that day.

 

Hakyeon pouted at the answer. "What would you like to eat then?" Hakyeon asked. What is this hyung after?. Hongbin eyed Hakyeon suspiciously and Hakyeon let out a sigh as he laid next to Hongbin. "You fainted because you of malnourishment" He remembers hearing about it on the news. "I've heard bad stuff about your company and, you just seem so thin." Hakyeon said.

 

Hakyeon was refining himself from doing it. He was trying to keep himself away from typing MUSE scandals on his phone's searching engine, but as he thought more and more about Hongbin and Taekwoon he couldn't help himself.

 

Rumors about the company mistreating their artist, about the company having racist issues related to the image of the artist, rumors about the company starving their artist, just stuff like that popped up, Hakyeon couldn't even read them before his blood ran cold.

 

He hated to think about that kind of things. He hated to think that some companies treated their artist as just a mere product. Something the company was just using to make money. The thought filled him up with horror.

 

He always believed that someone who becomes an actor, singer, producer, whatever, does it because is their dream, he knows is like that, everyone in that industry started with a dream, something they wanted to be since they were kids, dreaming and longing for the feeling of being onstage, of being in front of a camera. The idea of making their dreams come true, it was something that was supposed to filled them with joy and happiness.

 

But with some companies treating their artist that way…

 

They were destroying their dreams, destroying their hopes. He knew what happened when a person died inside. He knew what happened when a person loses all their dreams and hopes.

 

It filled him with terror the idea of knowing that there were still twisted people in the world. People that would do anything to fulfill their corrupted desires, people that would destroy other's souls just to get what they desire.

 

He couldn't even imagine being on Hongbin's position of that was true.

 

Hongbin could feel the pity on Hakyeon's voice, he could see the pity on the older's eyes. He loathed it, he loathed it so much! It disgusted him. How can someone like him feel pity for Hongbin? Someone so self-centered, someone who should be hated but still have everything at the reach of their hand.

 

Hongbin despised it so much, and he despised it the most because it made Hongbin felt so small.

 

"And what if I am malnourished? Is not like it should concern you." Hongbin's words were filled with poison, filled with hatred and they almost tasted bitter on Hakyeon's stomach, and it just worried Hakyeon more.

 

"It shouldn't, right?" Hakyeon said almost laughing. "So, what do you want to eat? We should eat lunch together today." Hakyeon said. Hongbin looked at Hakyeon, almost wanting to snap at him.

 

But he couldn't, he just sighed.

 

"Nothing." He said in a whisper.

 

"Maybe bibimbap?" Hakyeon suggested. Hongbin just closed his eyes as he laid his head back against the grass. "I'll order bibimbap for lunch for the two of us." Hakyeon assured. Hongbin just answered with an uninterested nod.

 

Jaehwan was left without words as he looked at Hyuk's apartment. The place was perfectly clean. The living room just consisted of one couch, the kitchen were three counters, the stove, the fridge, two counters of the ones used to eat and three stools. The apartment was really small.

 

It had a hall leading towards four doors. The bathroom that was fairly small barely leaving any space to walk and the three bedrooms. The three of them were big enough to fit a twin bed, a desk and a wardrobe.

 

"It's really small..." Jaehwan whispered but Hyuk listened. He suddenly was ashamed. Jaehwan's house was an amazing apartment, a main bedroom that had a king bed inside, a bathroom attached and it had space for a small couch on a side of the room, the wardrobe and a desk.

 

The living room had two sofas and a TV and the kitchen was big enough to have at least two people cooking inside of it.

 

Jaehwan looked at Hyuk and smiled apologetically. "I didn't mean it as something bad..." He said trying to explain himself, Hyuk smiled and just shook his head.

 

"Is fine, hyung." Hyuk said smiling at Jaehwan. They walked into the living room, deciding to spend their day there. Hyuk had to lie to his manager, saying he had a meeting with Jaehwan for work.

 

Hopefully that old man didn't popped up around the dorms at any moment today.

 

Hyuk's manager was annoying, extremely aggressive and manipulative. Hyuk used to be managed by Taekwoon's manager, but when the company changed its ways and decided that Hyuk was too wild to let him with a manager that wouldn't control him they changed his manager.

 

The man and Hyuk lived fighting, arguing and insulting each other.

 

He could take it. Hyuk could allow the man scream at him, insult him, he didn't get affected by it, not a lot, not to the point of breaking. But he hated for others to presence his manager behavior against him.

 

So Hyuk was praying for that man to not popped up.

 

Hyuk was deeply lost in thoughts until he received a slap on the back of his head and heard the voice of a woman telling him to pay attention.

 

He broke in loud laughter as Jaehwan glared at him, screaming at the younger while using his old woman voice for not paying attention to his elders, Hyuk mind quickly focused on the funny, cute guy in front of him.

 

So innocent, so cheerful, Hyuk wanted to protect Jaehwan, he wanted to hold Jaehwan close and avoid the cruel show business to crash Jaehwan as it did with his two favorite hyungs.

 

As Hyuk stared with loving eyes at the older boy, Jaehwan noticed that was all Hyuk was doing, staring, he was still not paying attention, so Jaehwan kept screaming loudly while pretending to be angry.

 

Their fun was interrupted when the door was harshly opened.

 

Both of them stood from the couch, Jaehwan confused by the sudden intrusion, ready to jump at anyone who was about to hurt them, but Hyuk with fear on his eyes, he knew who was the only person to kick the door open, Taekwoon hyung wasn't energetic enough to do it and Hongbin didn't like to do that kind of stuff, the only other person that had the code of the apartment's lock was their managers, and Hongbin's and Taekwoon's manager didn't had any motives to open the door like that

 

Hyuk's manager walked into the apartment, hands turned into fits as he looked inside the apartment. Hyuk had told him about a 'special meeting' he had with his fellow host to talk about the program, he told him Jaehwan's manager was going to look after them and that he could take the free time.

 

He was foolish to believe the little devil. When Jaehwan's manager called Hyuk's manager to ask him if he wanted to go to a bar as the kids had fun, Hyuk's manager hang up and rushed to look for Hyuk.

 

Thankfully the company had installed cameras inside of the trio's apartment. He asked the CEO and of course the CEO wasn't happy that Hyuk was alone on the apartment with a guest.

 

The man tilted his head raising an eyebrow, looking at the pair, beer cans on the coffee table and snacks too. "So, this is your, so important, work meeting?" The man asked to Hyuk while making quotes with his fingers when he said so important.

 

Jaehwan knew Hyuk lied to his manager, the younger one had told him when they were at the older's car driving to Hyuk's dorms, he couldn't understand why, Jaehwan could never lie to his manager, he would die before doing so, he wouldn't get punished for that or scold, but he never had reasons to do so, he of course, didn't questioned Hyuk, but now, seeing the angry man on the door, he thinks, he should have questions Hyuk.

 

Hyuk looked down, like a kid who was being scolded for hiding his bad grades from their parents. Jaehwan stood up ready to protect Hyuk, walking slowly to finally hide the younger one behind him.

 

"I knew you were lying, you worthless punk." The manager spat with hate as he walked towards Hyuk. It was as if the man had forgotten Jaehwan was there. His eyes were focused on the guy he was so used to hit and scream at.

 

The man pushed Jaehwan to the couch before holding Hyuk by the collar of his shirt, then the dry sound of a slap resounded through the apartment as Hyuk holded his now red cheek, the man threw Hyuk to the floor while glaring at the younger. "I can't believe you lie to me! Me! The person who has make you who you are today!" The man said. "Is this how you thank me?!" The man yelled making Hyuk flinch.

 

Jaehwan didn't thought. He just jumped up, his thoughts were blocked, his only reaction was to protect the other. He stood up before standing right between Hyuk and his manager. The man glaring at Jaehwan, the singer said nothing, he just glared at the man back. "Leave." The manager ordered.

 

"You leave." Jaehwan said crossing his arms on top of his chest. He didn't know where the bravery came from, but he wasn't stepping down now. "What are you going to do? Beat me up?." Jaehwan said and Hyuk feared the answer. Once, Taekwoon also stood up for him, resulting in Taekwoon being taken to the hospital with a broken arm.

 

Hyuk stood up quickly and placed his hand on Jaehwan's shoulder, trying to calm the other down, attempting to get him to back out.

 

The manager gritted his teeth. "Fine. But you are not off the hook!." The man said pointing at Hyuk. He couldn't beat Jaehwan, not without facing legal issues, Jaehwan wasn't from his company he wasn't going to be able to threat the other. His manager walked out of the apartment with a loud noise. Jaehwan turned to Hyuk, sadness and pity on his eyes.

 

"Hyoggie..." Jaehwan said in a loving whisper and Hyuk smiled at him, in an attempt to make Jaehwan feel better, in an attempt to keep him from pity him, to keep him from feeling bad for Hyuk. "I am going to kill that man..." Jaehwan whispered now anger taking over his loving whisper.

 

"Hey" Hyuk said getting Jaehwan's attention. "Ignore it." He tried as he rubbed the older's arm, a small action with which he was trying to make the other to calm down, to relax him. It was working and Jaehwan purred at the touch, but he shook his head.

 

"No." Jaehwan said as he pulled away from Hyuk soothing touch, he wasn't going to let that man slip away like that. "I am not ignoring it. That man hits you. You can't make me ignore it" Jaehwan said angry. "He is your manager, he is supposed to protect you."

 

Hyuk laughed. "Things are not like that at MUSE." The younger whispered, even thought Hyuk had laugh before and now was smiling while whispering, Jaehwan could feel the sadness coming from Hyuk. "It's fine Hyung, let's just forget about that for now."

 

"No." Jaehwan said. "Why don't you change company?. Just change company!."

 

Jaehwan was angry at Hyuk for not looking for what's better for himself. He was angry at the company for not taking care of Hyuk. He was shaking with anger and Hyuk didn't want to make Jaehwan any more angry.

 

"Hyung...you said you are really closed to Ravi and N from your company, right?" Hyuk said. As they talked more and more yesterday, Hyuk found out a lot about the soloist known as Ken, like about his close friendship with the actor Hakyeon, also known as the choreographer and dancer N, and to the producer and rapper Ravi.

 

Jaehwan frowned confused but still nodded. Hyuk sat down on the couch again before patting the empty spot next to him letting Jaehwan know he wanted him to sit next to him, Jaehwan obeyed sitting next to Hyuk while still looking at him with attentive eyes. Hyuk started to rub Jaehwan's arms, soothing the older and also looking for comfort.

 

"I live here with two other guys." He said. "They are both from MUSE. I can't leave them alone at that hell." He said. "They are to me what Ravi and N are to you." He said looking up at Jaehwan.

 

Jaehwan understood. If he was on Hyuk's position he would never leave Ravi and N alone, he couldn't.

 

But Hyuk wasn't being really smart. "Hyuk, have you ever gotten on a plane?" Jaehwan asked. Hyuk was now the confused one. "When you go on a plane they give you instruction on what to do in any emergency. One of those instructions is when there is smoke on the plane." Jaehwan said remembering the instructions they always give before the plane takes fly. "First place and adjust the mask on top of your mouth and nose before helping the person next to you, is the same in this situation, Hyuk, you won't be able to help if you are chained to this company to." Jaehwan said.