--7

To protect you

Wonshik groaned in annoyance. Yesterday they worked really well, Taekwoon was quick to catch the lyrics and melody of the song, quick to learn how to sing the song and the recording of the songs with him always go without problems.

 

While they were doing the choreography of the song it was quick too, the guy had talent for choreographies. He was good, catched up quickly and learned the hardest parts easily, even during breaks practicing hard to get the choreography perfect.

 

When it came promotions tho…

 

It was Wonshik's manager's idea, to make a V-live to let the fans know more about the duet, to start making lives, post on instagram, make updates, just to let the fans know and get them excited. When they stopped practicing the choreography for a moment and decided to take a rest, Wonshik got Taekwoon to stop practicing and lead him to the resting room where Wonshik took his phone out before starting and unexpected V-live.

 

Multiple fans quickly joined.

 

Wonshik greeted them all happily, waving and reading some names, answering simple greeting questions and smiling brightly, but Taekwoon, he just quietly stared at the camera, as if he was doing a staring contest with the fans on the other side of the screen. It creeped out some fans, especially Ravi's ones, who made comments about it.

 

Taekwoon wasn't use to this, unexpected V-lives where he didn't had a script to follow, where he didn't had staff looking at him and telling him what to say and what to not say. He wasn't use to this and multiple thoughts went through his mind as he looked at the screen.

 

What should he say? Did Ravi even wanted him to be with him on it? Was there a script and he never saw it? What were they doing this for?

 

It just got worse as they continued the live, with Wonshik doing most...no...with Wonshik being the only to talk. Taekwoon just glared at the camera, as if he was looking into nothingness.

 

Wonshik disliked it so much. He felt so awkward, speaking to both his fans and Taekwoon's fans, who just wanted to get Taekwoon to say anything, they kept telling Taekwoon to just speak for five minutes and Wonshik felt forced to get the other involved, forced to make him talk.

 

He threw his phone against the couch after they finished...or he finished...the V-live, it wasn't an hour after they started when they finished it, Wonshik used the excuse of having to practice before ending it thanks to awkwardness. "Where you even there?" Wonshik finally asked. Taekwoon looked up at him, confused.

 

Taekwoon wasn't use to talk at all. Wonshik noticed how quiet the other boy was, he would just speak when he really needed to, sometimes he wouldn't speak at all even if he needed to, just giving small signs. Wonshik thought, maybe if it was something related to promotions Taekwoon would have spoken, but no.

 

"I hate doing V-lives like that..." Wonshik muttered. It was boring, dull, the V-live didn't even last half an hour because of how boring it had turned. "If it was Jaehwan hyung it would have been better." Wonshik added.

 

Taekwoon flinched slightly at the comment, he hated being compared. If there was something Taekwoon liked was being complimented by his vocal skills once in a while, being compared to other soloist or to idols hurt him. Wasn't he good too? Why did he had to be compared all the time?.

 

Once again Wonshik didn't choose the right words to say, nor the right moment to do it, still he didn't apologize. He just bite his lip  guiltily before leaving the resting room where they were filming the V-live at.

 

Hongbin also groaned in annoyance, his reason was also a hyung.

 

But the problem was exactly the opposite from Wonshik's one, his problem was a too noisy and talkative hyung.

 

Hakyeon was pulling from Hongbin's arm as he guided the younger one towards the picnic table where the other actors were eating at. Hakyeon did order the bibimbap for the two of them but then all the actors decided to get together and eat together.

 

Hongbin decided to hide tho.

 

Nevertheless, Hakyeon found him.

 

Hongbin was shy, even if he didn't seem like, he was shy. He wasn't the same kind of shy as Taekwoon where the other wouldn't talk at all, no, he was shy in a defensive way. The younger one didn't knew how to socialize with other forms of life, his comments usually turning out to be disrespectful, sarcastic or even mean when he just meant to joke and make others laugh.

 

Artist on MUSE hardly interacted with artist from other companies and when they did, it was just about work. Artist of MUSE just interacted with artist of MUSE, everyone was buried on their own depression and sadness, so no one had to act and pretend to be fine, no one had to pretend to be happy.

 

When interacting when artist from other companies, they had to pretend. They had to pretend that this was their dreams, that they went to sleep every night with a smile on their faces, that eating was part of their normal schedule. It was hard, Hongbin was an actor, yes, he could pretend, but acting all the time was tiring.

 

Hakyeon forced the younger one to sit in between of Hakyeon and another actor on the bench of the wooden table where everyone was sitting, the other actor happily threw an arm around Hongbin as he greeted the pair that just arrived to joined them.

 

All the actors on the table were different, some were shy and quiet like Hongbin, some others were talkative and funny like Hakyeon, but none of them was afraid of being scold for freely socializing, so all of them were free of tension, happily spending time with each other.

 

The thought of the other 9 actors and actresses that made the cast for the drama along Hongbin had came to the conclusion that Hongbin was just too shy, all of them wanting to bring the boy closer, to just help him get out of his shell, unknowing the true motives.

 

They were glad seeing how Hakyeon seemed to be able to get close to Hongbin, but surely not surprise. Hakyeon was like a child, determined to make new friends and determined to receive love from whoever was around. Cheerfully interacting with everyone and brightening everyone's mood.

 

Hakyeon opened the bibimbap box as he happily spoke with the other actors and actresses sitting on the table. Hongbin remained quiet as he looked at the full plates of everyone.

 

He felt sick just at seeing how much food there was on that table.

 

Hakyeon took a bit of the bibimbap between his chopsticks before taking the food towards Hongbin's lips. Hongbin really wanted to reject the food, but the other people on the table cooed at the adorable scene in front of them.

 

He couldn't make an scene. He couldn't just reject the food, that would seem rude, right? Furthermore there was too many people looking at him, they would suspect, wouldn't they? He couldn't reject the food if he was surrounded by so many people.

 

He parted his lips slowly, doubtful, and Hakyeon happily placed the food in between his lips gaining more comments about how cute it was. The conversation drifted away from them to another topic and Hongbin was happy about that.

 

If the topic and attention stayed on them, the others would notice the pink blush on Hongbin's cheeks, they would notice how Hongbin lowered his head shyly while munching on the food and they would notice how his body softly shaked with embarrassment.

 

Apparently Hakyeon didn't notice any of that as he seemed to busy on talking with the others about a new club on the city as he feed himself and then feed Hongbin. They were all happily talking and planning on going together to have some fun after recording some day.

 

Somewhere, as Hakyeon was distracted speaking with the other actors, Hongbin managed to run away from the table, slipping from between the two actors who were talking distractedly with the others and silently walking away to find a better place to hide in the open park.

 

"Where did he go to…?" Hakyeon whispered as he looked around the table trying to spot Hongbin.

 

On the other side of the town, Hyuk slightly jumped back as the CEO of MUSE hit his hand against his desk. He looked at Hyuk with huge, angered eyes. His eyes were red with anger and the man was shaking as a creepy smile appeared on his face.

 

"You are not quitting." The man said. "We have a contract, Hyoggie. You cannot live for another 9 years." The man whispered. "For 9 years you belong to me, and if I want to make you resign, you will resign, you are not living this company." The man said and Hyuk gulped down.

 

If it wasn't for Jaehwan's hand on his, he would have crumbled down there, apologizing and leaving the office. But Jaehwan's hand was holding his hand tightly, giving him strenght, remembering him that he wasn't alone.

 

"Hyuk is changing company and you can't do anything." Jaehwan said. They were waiting for FT's Entertainment CEO.

 

FT's CEO went through a lot. On his younger days, he was an idol, one that sadly fell on the hands of an extorting company. The man created FT to keep talented people from falling into those inhuman companies, when Jaehwan called him and told him what happened at Hyuk's apartment he didn't thought twice before getting on his car and driving towards MUSE to close the deal with their CEO.

 

He was sure they were in for a long talk tho.

 

The door of the office opened and FT's CEO walked in. "Leave Mr. Lee." MUSE's CEO said. "Hyuk is going nowhere." The man added.

 

Lee Subin, FT's CEO, sat down in front of Kang Hyungjae, MUSE's CEO. "How much." The man said. He hated to buy artist.

 

Buy artist was the same as to treat the artist as products. When a company buy an artist usually the person being moved to another company didn't had the right to protest, he disliked that, but right now, for what Jaehwan said, buying Hyuk seemed to be a better option.

 

"You are going to buy him?" The man said before laughing. Subin nodded. "He isn't worthy. The show he is at right now is just successful because of Ken" The man spatted as he looked at Ken.

 

Ken felt uneasy under the gaze of kang Hyungjae. The other man looked at him like a hungry lion, eyeing his prey. Subin took Jaehwan arm before pulling him behind him, protecting the singer from the stalking eyes of Hyungjae. "Yes, and he is successful because FT treats him as a human being, not some money machine."

 

The man laughed. "I guess Hyuk will never get to taste that kind of treatment." The man said. "I am not selling the only artist that isn't a piece of trash to you." The man said.

 

"Jaehwan, get Hyuk out of here. I'll talk with Mr. Kang alone." Subin ordered. Ken didn't want to, he didn't want to leave his boss there alone, the man was like a father for the soloist.

 

Subin just nodded at Jaehwan, letting him know everything would be okay, and Jaehwan nodded with a defeated sigh before taking Hyuk's hand and leading him out of the office.

 

Once the door closed behind them Subin looked at Hyungjae again. Eyes filled with hate and disgust, but behind all that hate and disgust, pity.

 

"Why telling the kids to leave?." Hyungjae asked, a voice filled with pleasure. Probably enjoying the situation more than what he should. Kang Hyungjae was always like that, someone who enjoyed others misfortune.

 

"Because I don't want them to know that I know you, Hyungjae-ssi." Subin said. Subin didn't know where the Hyungjae he knew went to, where the boy that once was the loving maknae of his group went to.

 

Hyungjae was not always like that, the boy hated the company where he and his hyungs were trapped at, when he finally left and decided to open his own company, Subin gladly helped him.

 

But somehow on the way, the loving maknae turned blind by the money.

 

"Don't start hyung, we are supposed to be on a business meeting." Sungjae said as he frowned at the childish nickname.

 

"Hyungjae, he is a kid." Subin said. "A kid that is suffering as much as you did, as I did." Subin tried to make the guy in front of him react. Hyungjae tho, didn't show any kind of reaction to the mention of the past.

 

"Guess what? This is the harsh world, if he wants to succeed a little bit of pain won't harm him." Hyungjae said as he stood up from his desk, walking towards the window and looking out of it. "Kids that get spoiled by their companies...as soon as they get out of there they get destroyed by the world." He said. "I am just making my artist strong, showing them the bloodthirsty world they live at."

 

"No, Hyungjae." Subin said as he thought in a phrase that would make the younger react. "You are just guiding them to the same path that Jaejoon hyung and Yihwa noona took." He said. He didn't want to bring Jaejoon nor Yihwa up, he knew everyone was still sensitive on that topic.

 

But it did make Hyungjae react. The other CEO stood still, looking out of the window before taking a deep breath. "That's very low of you."

 

"But you know I am just speaking the truth." He said. "Give me the kid. He won't end up as them." Subin said. Hyungjae took a deep breath, closing his eyes quietly thinking, remembering.

 

Outside of the office Jaehwan and Hyuk were sitting. Jaehwan had managed to distract Hyuk from the actual situation by playing games with the younger one when the door opened.

 

On the other side of the city, Hakyeon hung himself from Hongbin's back as they finished their last scene for the day.

 

"Binnie, I am so tired." The older one complained and Hongbin shook his shoulders trying to shake Hakyeon off. "Where were you hiding at?! I didn't find you until the director called us to eat!"

 

Hongbin was hiding at his car, he told his manager Hakyeon was trying to get him to eat and the man let him hide on the car, of course, not before nagging at him for being so weak as to not being able to shake the older off.

 

"I wasn't hiding, you just don't know how to look for someone." Hongbin grumbled and Hakyeon pouted before getting off of Hongbin's back and standing in front of him.

 

"You are rude." Hakyeon pointed out. "And you are absolutely not friendly." He added. Those words hurt Hongbin, for some reason, those words hurt Hongbin. Another reason to avoid socializing around the set.

 

But Hongbin didn't let the pain show. He just kept an expressionless face as he looked at the older boy, but Hakyeon smiled softly. "Still I don't think is your fault." Hakyeon said softly. "Your company is really mean to you, aren't they? Don't worry, hyung is here now and I will protect you." Hakyeon said.

 

Hongbin gulped. He felt a shiver going through his body and had to blink a couple of times. He wanted to hear that again, he needed to hear that again. He needed to hear someone telling him that he'll be fine, he wanted someone to help him out of that place. He obviously couldn't voice that out, he obviously couldn't just tell Hakyeon he wanted that and his body reacted to the cringeworthy words by shaking as he cringed. "Hyung! Why are you so cheesy?!." He complained and Hakyeon laughed.

 

"Yah! Just accept me!." Hakyeon said as he launched himself to hug Hongbin. Hongbin cringed again as he tried to pry Hakyeon off of him while the older one just laughed wholeheartedly.

 

Hakyeon was loud, apparently it was a characteristic from FT's artist, they all were loud somehow, they all stole the spotlight somehow.

 

It wasn't different for Wonshik. Music played loudly on the studio as he and Taekwoon checked on another of the songs from the album. If Wonshik had to say the truth, he was happy with how things were coming along, he loved how his and Taekwoon's voice contrasted perfectly.

 

He also liked that Taekwoon was composing some songs from the album too, it took away some of the weight. They had just finished recording one of the songs composed by Taekwoon, and Wonshik would have been lying if he said that he didn't liked the song.

 

The song finally ended and Wonshik started to work on the small details before clearing his throat. He and Taekwoon have been awkward since the V-Live accident, probably it was just Wonshik and Taekwoon being his usual quiet self, but that didn't help Wonshik with no feeling guilty. "I am sorry for the V-live thing." Wonshik said.

 

Taekwoon shook his head. "I am sorry." He apologized.

 

"You did nothing wrong. I shouldn't have say those things." Wonshik apologized before turning his chair so he'll be facing Taekwoon.

 

"Let's just forget it." Taekwoon whispered and Wonshik nodded, accepting the idea to just forget about the incident.

 

They continued working, Taekwoon finishing the lyrics of his solo and Wonshik arranging some of the already recorded songs, before the clock marked 11PM. When the clock marked 11PM, the door of the studio opened.

 

"Hello." Was heard. Wonshik stood up and so did Taekwoon before they both bowed to the person at the door.

 

"Hello CEO-nim." Wonshik said smiling. His CEO was a father figure for him. A loving man that always cared about his kids, or his artist, which he proudly called his kids.

 

"Did you guys already ate? Isn't it too late? Go back home before it's too late." The man said and Wonshik nodded.

 

"I already ate and don't worry, we'll be fine." Wonshik said smiling before going back to continue on his work. The CEO smiled and nodded before putting his eyes on the other guy inside of the studio.

 

"Taekwoon-ssi, you are from MUSE entertainment, right?." The man asked. Taekwoon was slightly taken aback by the sudden question but he just nodded. Subin hummed, looking at Taekwoon, studying him from toe to head. "Did you ate already?" He asked, this time Taekwoon shook his head. "The cafeteria is still open, go eat." Subin ordered.

 

The ordered made Wonshik looked at his CEO too, the man sounded demanding, his phrase didn't leave any place for questioning or complains, it was a simple order, but it made it sound as if it was an obligation for the other.

 

"Go now, Wonshik go with him and make sure he eats something before leaving. You two are done for today." The man said and Wonshik nodded dumbfounded. His CEO usually uses a softer tone whenever giving an order, usually let's the persons state their opinion, but this time, it didn't seem like their opinions mattered a lot.

 

The door closed and Wonshik looked at Taekwoon, the older one was just standing up, frozen, his eyes focused on the door. "Come on, I'll guide you to the cafeteria." Wonshik said and to his surprise, Taekwoon nodded.

 

At the cafeteria, Taekwoon just took a plain sandwich and a bottle of water. He ate so slowly, so slowly that Wonshik thought they took almost an hour down there. But Wonshik didn't protested, for the first time, he was seeing Taekwoon eating.

 

Nevertheless, the older one didn't ate the whole sandwich, quickly saying he was full.

 

Wonshik didn't force him to eat anything else and just nodded understanding before both of them went towards the studio again, this time Taekwoon just picked up his things before waving bye and leaving.