--4

To protect you

Hyuk woke up with the light shining brightly. He looked around to notice he was lying on a couch of an hospital room, he spotted Hongbin on the hospital bed and the memories of last night came rushing down.

 

He groaned. He had told Hongbin to stop skipping meals.

 

But there was nothing he could do now. He looked around the room when his phone started to sound. He took it from a table under the TV of the room, seeing the name of his manager on the screen, he cursed.

 

He has the recording of the new show.

 

He picked up as he hurried out of the room. He told his manager where he was at and waited for him at the entrance of the hospital. He begged for the recording to be quick, Taekwoon had his last promotion today and he had to go right away to work on the duet thing, he also didn't want to let Hongbin alone tonight.

 

Hongbin was supposed to be let out today later, he was also supposed to go recording right after that.

 

They reached the set and Hyuk quickly apologized with everyone as he bowed to them greeting the staff and his co-host. After being quickly prepared by the stylist, he was rushed into the set.

 

He took his place on the set, sitting right next to one of his co-host and soloist singer, Lee Jaehwan.

 

The director gave the cue to start recording the show and Hyuk's mind was still going from the small things worrying him to the bigger ones.

 

He didn't pay a lot of attention to the show until Jaehwan poked his side. Hyuk looked at Jaehwan who smiled at Hyuk. "Relax” Jaehwan commented.

 

Maybe Jaehwan didn't know what was Hyuk worrying about exactly, maybe Jaehwan just meant the show will be fine but God, Hyuk needed those words.

 

Hyuk smiled back at Jaehwan as they continued to film the show, with Jaehwan next to him, smiling at him brightly, making stupid remarks and acting weird, like a child, Hyuk was way more relax, laughing along the older and teaming up with the other hosts to bully the soloist.

 

He laughed louder when Ken stood up screaming at him but with a smile on his face.

 

Jaehwan was enjoying himself a lot too. He liked to hear Hyuk’s laugh. He liked seeing how the eyes of the younger light up as Hyuk laughed.

 

“Take a break!” The director yelled before walking towards Jaehwan and Hyuk. “You two are being amazing.” He said with a genuine smile on his face. “Hyuk, you are better than what I had expected.” The man said.

 

Hyuk perked up at the compliment. A bright smile on his lips, eyes shining like stars. Jaehwan cooed at the view. “Thank you, sir!” Hyuk said as he bowed.

 

Jaehwan smiled before placing a hand on Hyuk’s shoulder. The director walked away from them and Hyuk and Jaehwan remained sitting on the couch of the set while talking.

 

Jaehwan noticed how Hyuk while keep his hand on top of the phone on his pocket, from time to time looking at it. “Are you waiting for a call?” Jaehwan asked an Hyuk shook his head.

 

“I need to text someone…” Hyuk said. Jaehwan smile at him before nodding at him, like giving him permission to do so, Jaehwan didn't seem to understand why would Hyuk need permission to do so but apparently it was what Hyuk was waiting for, as soon as Jaehwan nodded, Hyuk took his phone out, quickly shuffling through it.

 

Remember to eat something today, at least lunch

 

Hongbin groaned annoyed when he read the text. He was in a bad mood, he hated being at the hospital, he had been forced to eat before being let out of it and now he was feeling sick at the foul flavor of the hospital’s food.

 

His car stopped in front of the set where his drama was being filmed at. He got out of it slowly before starting to walk towards the set. He stopped as soon as he spotted the cast members outside of the building enjoying some coffee and ice cream from a coffee truck that was apparently sent by Hakyeon’s fans.

 

Hakyeon spotted him, frowning, almost with anger. Hongbin felt his heart sink, was he going to be scold? Yelled at? Wasn't he welcomed…? Maybe he wasn't at the end.

 

“Yah! What are you doing here?” Hakyeon asked as he got closer. “You were at the hospital you should be resting!” Hakyeon said.

 

The comments called the attention of the rest of crew. Some of the other actors walking closer to express their worryness too.

 

Still, Hongbin didn't saw them as comments coming from a caring feeling, but comments meant to make him feel bad and leave.

 

Still, he just smiled at them. “I am fine, don't worry.” He lied. The comment seemed to calm some people down, but Hakyeon eyed him with concerned eyes.

 

Hakyeon hand him a coffee cup. “Here” He said. Hongbin wanted to say no, refuse it but he saw his manager glaring at him from the side.

 

Hongbin couldn't raise any concerns. He took the coffee and barely smiled before taking a sip.

 

The action seemed to calm the older down, Hakyeon smiled proudly as he walked away back to the rest of the cast.

 

Hongbin looked down at his phone vibrated.

 

Have you heard anything about Leo Hyung?

 

Taekwoon was exhausted. Too tired to check his phone, so Hyuk’s and Hongbin’s messages went unnoticed by the older. He waved at his fans as he got into his manager’s car.

 

Now he was being drive towards FT Entertainment to start working on the mini album of the duet. He was so exhausted tho.

 

He was softly shaken awake by his manager. The man looked at Taekwoon almost with pity. “Come on, we are here.” The man spoke calmly.

 

Taekwoon nodded as he got out of the car and walked inside of the building.

 

The elevator opened on the 5th floor and Taekwoon walked out of it. His manager had to go meet with Wonshik’s manager so Taekwoon was left alone to go to Wonshik’s studio.

 

The woman at the reception has told him that Wonshik’s studio said ‘Ravi’ on the door, so he should be able to find it.

 

He quickly did, thankfully. He knocked on the door before opening it, Wonshik was inside with music blasting loudly as he and another man played around. Taekwoon almost felt bad for intruding.

 

He closed the door and stayed on the hallway; his back resting against the wall as he waited for the pair to be done with whatever they were doing.

 

Wonshik turned the music down as he looked at his phone, it was already 6:30PM! Where the hell was that soloist at?!.

 

“I am going to tell my manager to call them.” Wonshik said decided as he stood up to walk outside of his studio and go to his manager’s office.

 

He was quite shock when he opened his door to see Taekwoon sleeping against the wall in front of his studio. The other producer walked towards him once he noticed Wonshik was just standing at the door. “Why didn't he just come in?” Wonshik complained as he walked towards the sleeping boy. He kneeled in front of him shaking him softly.

 

The other producer let him alone to work with Taekwoon as Wonshik tried to wake up the other guy.

 

The guy started to open his tired eyes slowly before focusing on Wonshik. The rapper stood up and held his hand out for the soloist to take it. Taekwoon took Wonshik’s hand to stand up. “Have you been waiting for too long?” Wonshik asked.

 

The soloist just shrugged but Wonshik didn't push any further as they walked into the studio. “I have this song, we can use it” He said. “But, the song has a three-octaves note...can you do it?” He said. Taekwoon just nodded as he sat down on the couch.

 

“I can try it.” He said and Wonshik just nodded as he played the song.