--1

To protect you

The world of music industry is a sick, twisted one. Everyone that was inside of it was talented enough to get in, everyone that was part of it work until life is drain out of their tired bodies.

 

But the name of the company they were signed under weighted and it weighed a lot.

 

People had the wrong mindset: if a company was small then the people inside that company were not talented, and if a company was big, then every single thing that company does will be a hit.

 

Which most of the times, was just a mere legend.

 

Han Sanghyuk knew about this, coming from a small company that was almost in bankruptcy, most people did not want to give the comedian and actor an opportunity when he started off his career.

 

But he was determined to show that they were wrong. He could have gotten into a big company, but he have opted for going into a small company. He had chosen his company because He wanted to prove everyone wrong.

 

And God he was doing it.

 

Most people did not know to which company Han Sanghyuk belonged to, but thanks to the fame of the actor and comedian they always thought he belonged to one of the best companies, they always remained shock after finding out Sanghyuk's company was so small, so broken

 

Sanghyuk was just one of the only three in that company that was keeping it from closing down and the other two that brought a little bit of light to the company were more like slaves of the same rather than artist signed under it.

 

Jung Taekwoon, a soloist discovered and signed under the company, working as a model, musical actor, vocal trainer and producer for the same company and Lee Hongbin, an actor signed by the company too who despites not having a lot of schedules, was mainly use by the company as the visual representative of the same.

 

And those two were always harshly criticized.

 

Hongbin, who was seen always as just a pretty doll made to pose for the company's events and commercials.

 

And Taekwoon, who was seen as a good singer who had no personality or freedom to be himself.

 

Hyuk always felt bad for the two oldest.

 

He lived with them since Hyuk first entered the company, they were family, they were his brothers, he saw them suffering and saw them passed throught hell, and despite being the youngest, he was the one to keep those two alive.

 

He was working so hard mainly for those two.

 

"Sorry, Sanghyuk." His manager said after letting Hyuk know about the news about the program Hyuk was working at; the producer had decided to finish the contract with Hyuk.

 

But there was only so much he could do.

 

Obviously people from bigger companies had it easier. More staff to help around, people wanting to sign contracts with the artists just because the company had a known name, yeah, bigger companies were big for a reason.

 

Wonshik was extremely glad he had made it into FantasTic Entertainment when auditioned. FT Entertainment was one of the biggest in all the country, if you want to be respected as an actor, dancer, idol, artist you had to be in FT Entertainment.

 

Now Wonshik was the most respected rapper and composer in all South Korea. He loved it.

 

He loved being part of FT, the whole company was family, and a very wanted and loved family. Everyone wanted to work with Wonshik, getting a song composed by him or just getting him feature into their albums. When rookies had the chance to meet him they always were so excited.

 

Wonshik was proud. He was so proud of making it so far, he was also so proud of his company and of his labelmates.

 

Especially of Jaehwan and Hakyeon.

 

Jaehwan, recognized as the best soloist of the new generation of idols. He loved composing songs for Jaehwan. The guy had a very bright personality which made people get interested in him.

 

Hakyeon, an actor and radio host of the company. He started as a minor star in the company, someone who barely got noticed, but Hakyeon has always been greedy, always wanting more. Now, he is known as the "Exotic Prince of FT Entertainment."

 

Wonshik got into the company around the same time as those two. They went through a lot together and they helped each other out many times. Wonshik loved them as brothers, he would never let anything hurt any of them.

 

That's why he was so damn angry when he heard the news that morning on the radio as he was driven towards the company, and when he got to the company and heard that the rumors were true, he felt his veins burning with anger.

 

The manager and other staff members tried to stop the angry rapper as he stomped towards the CEO's office. Outside of the office, Cha Hakyeon was standing with his back resting against the wall, his eyes widen as he saw Wonshik walking towards the office, he moved so he was blocking the entrance. "No." He said blocking Wonshik's path. "You are just going to make it worst."

 

Wonshik groaned annoyed. He was really sorry to his hyung, but he would kill for Hakyeon or for Jaehwan, especially for Jaehwan. He manhandled Hakyeon, so easily and so abruptly, he knew Hakyeon was going to end up with bruises as the older whimpered in pain trying to scurried away from Ravi's arms.

 

Once Hakyeon was out of the way, Wonshik kicked the door open, leaving the 6 men inside shocked.

 

Inside of the office, the CEO was sitting behind his desk. His eyes widen in shock and confusion before his eyebrows frowned in angered. In front of him a man that was about the same age as his CEO, looking completely bewildered by the sudden entrance.

 

Standing besides FT's CEO, stood a man in his middle 30s. He looked at Wonshik as if Wonshik had killed a puppy in front of everyone, he was Jaehwan's manager. He started to walk towards Wonshik and next to the man sitting a younger man, in his late 20s probably, looking as confused as the others but starting to slowly move in a protective way towards the two slim bodies that were sitting near the window while drinking coffee.

 

One of the boys, the one sitting facing the door next to the window, had brown hair styled in a pompadour. He was tall and had a very slim frame, Jaehwan, he was putting his coffee cup down as he stood up, his eyes almost begging Wonshik to do nothing stupid.

 

Sitting in front of Jaehwan, there was a tall boy, he seemed to be a few inches taller than Jaehwan, still he was slimmer than Jaehwan. The boy turned to look back at the sudden sound, tired eyes and pale skin. Wonshik recognized him as a soloist he couldn't remember the name off.

 

"This is not more than pure claptalk." Wonshik stated.

 

Who dares to say that Ken has been stealing songs from another soloist.

 

"Wonshik, this has nothing to do with you, please leave." His CEO warned through gritted teeth. I was mad. His CEO was mad if he thought Wonshik was simply going to ignore it and let them say whatever nonsense they wanted to ruin Jaehwan's and FT's reputation.

 

Wonshik felt a hand on his shoulder and looked back to see Hakyeon. "Wonshik, let them fix this, this is none of your business." Hakyeon said softly. In fear of Wonshik attacking him again but at the same time trying to get Wonshik to understand.

 

"Wonshik, please leave." Jaehwan's manager almost begged. Wonshik just walked back to the door, closing it before walking further into the office while Hakyeon tried to pulled him back.

 

"I do not care if your company is trying to get money out of this but this is a lot of damn nonsense." Wonshik said while staring deep in the eyes of the three men he know did not belong to his company.

 

"Wonshik, stop." Jaehwan said sternly. Wonshik was making it worse, they almost had it all solved !. "This does not concern you, is not one of your songs." Jaehwan said trying to pursuade the other one to leave.

 

"Yo lo se!" Wonshik said. He knew which song was all the fuss about, they mentioned it in the news. The song was composed by a close friend of him, a producer that's been working with the company for years now. "I help composing the song!" He lied.

 

Wonshik had helped with final touches of the song, he did not really do a lot but add and change some stuff to the lyrics and add just one soft bass to the melody, but he knew this song was not stolen, there's no way .

 

His thoughts were shut off when a soft melody started to play. He looked back at the guy that was sitting in front of Jaehwan, he was playing a song from his phone. The song sounded exactly the same as Jaehwan's song, the difference was the soft bass Wonshik had added.

 

The lyrics were also ... oddly ... similar.

 

"I dropped this single a month ago." The guy explained. "It has been registered in copyrights under my name for the last three months tho." Taekwoon commented as he shuffled through his phone to pause the song.

 

It's not the first time someone has stolen songs from him, Taekwoon being fairly unknown, it was easy for others to copy him, so he started to register his songs under copyright as soon as he finished them despite the song not being dropped out yet.

 

And, to be completely honest, what was Wonshik supposed to say to that. He remained quiet, looking at the guy and then looking at the CEO. "The song was stolen Wonshik." The CEO said.

 

"You helped?" The older man said laughing softly before standing up. "So, should you get fired for stealing a song too?." The man said shooting daggers to Wonshik. Wonshik felt a soft pulled from his hand as Hakyeon held it trying to calm him down.

 

"They fired Misun this morning and also sued him." Hakyeon whispered letting him know the fate of the man that had stolen the song.

 

"I bet there are others way to solve this." Jaehwan tried to help his friend. "He didn't know it was stolen." Jaehwan said with a stuttering voice as he looked at Taekwoon.

 

Jaehwan thought Taekwoon would have been more aggresive, angrier. He thought Taekwoon would have wanted to choke Jaehwan, but Taekwoon has behaving oddly calm, almost pacifist, as if there was nothing wrong. That itself terrified Jaehwan to the core of his bones.

 

Taekwoon hummed as he looked outside the window of the building. "Yes, there are." He said slurring the words and softly nodding at Jaehwan's statement. Jaehwan looked at the CEO's of both companies with an air of hope.

 

He saw his own CEO relaxing, he couldn't bare to fire Wonshik, it was a risk too big. But the CEO of Taekwoon's company seemed to tensed up as he glared at Taekwoon. "Oh really, what is that other option, Taekwoon?." The man said, poison slipping out of his mouth along his words pronuncing the soloist name almost as if it was a curse.

 

"What about Taekwoon and Wonshik work together for a while." The CEO of FT Entertainment suggested. "Wonshik is our most famous rapper and producer. It would show that there is no problem between the companies and it would be a very good way for Taekwoon to gain some recognition." He added in a hurried way.

 

The CEO of FT Entertainment knew the CEO of MUSE years ago. He knew what the man wanted. The song was stolen, he wanted to make a big issue out of it, give people a reason to talk about his company and about his artist.

 

Taekwoon and Wonshik working together was going to give him what he wanted, just in a way that it wouldn't ruin FT's reputation.

 

The other man remained silent for a few minutes before a creepy smile grow on his face. "Deal." He said standing his hand towards FT Entertainment's CEO. The other man shook his hand and Wonshik frowned.

 

He was going to complain but Hakyeon pulled from his hand again, reminding him to remain quiet. Wonshik didn't want this, he didn't want to work with that Taekwoon.

 

He has never heard songs of the other artist, didn't know who he was, didn't know a bit of him but he hated him. He hated that guy so much already. He didn't want to work with him.

 

"We can finish talking about this with dinner." The CEO of FT said. "Let's meet tonight again and close the contract." He said before receiving a nod from the other CEO. The man started to walk towards the door before stopping in front of Wonshik, glaring at him before rolling his eyes and walking off.

 

Wonshik almost jumped on him.

 

"Taekwoon, let's go." The man called out as he stopped on the door. The way he called for the soloist reminded to Wonshik the way he would called for a dog when the pet wasn't following his master.

 

Taekwoon let out a sigh before standing up. He bid bye to the other people in the room before walking out of the room followed by his manager. Once the door was the CEO jumped at Wonshik.

 

"Are you out of your mind?! What was that Kim Wonshik?!." The man scolded him as his frown deepened. Wonshik closed his eyes as he was scolded before bowing his head.

 

"I am truly sorry." He apologized.

 

"Well, show how sorry you are with this collaboration." The man said still irritated. "We almost had the issue solved!." The man complained. He knows Wonshik didn't want to collaborate with Taekwoon, now he was forced to do so.

 

"I- How was I supposed to just stay calm out there!? I had to do something about it!" Wonshik tried to excused his actions but the CEO just glared at him.

 

"Are you Ken's manager?." He said, Wonshik shook his head. "Did you compose the whole song?" Wonshik shook his head. "Was your name involved?" Wonshik shook his head again knowing what this was going to end up at. "Then it wasn't your business."

 

"I am sorry." Wonshik said again while gripping Hakyeon hand tightly.

 

"Please leave. You are dismissed too Ken." The CEO said as he let out a loud frustrated sigh sitting down again on his chair. The three of them bowed before hurrying out.

 

Ken's manager remained inside after the three artist closed the door. As soon as the door closed Wonshik's shoulder was slapped by Hakyeon and Ken punched his chest.

 

"Why did you do that?!" Ken whined and Wonshik closed his eyes tightly without answering. Ken sighed annonyed.

 

"Do you know how many bruises I am going to have because of you?!" Hakyeon scolded him now. "You are lucky! I have a meeting today but I swear that if I finish there and I see you I am taking revenge." Hakyeon declared and Wonshik just took Hakyeon in his arms in a crushing hug.

 

"I know! Sorry" He said. Before looking at Ken as if he was a scolded puppy. Ken kept glaring at him, angered.

 

"Let me go!" The older protested and Wonshik just covered his mouth with his hands.

 

"I am really sorry Jaehwan hyung." Wonshik apologized again and Ken just let out a sigh.

 

"What if they hadn't agree to the collab?" Jaehwan said. "You would have been fired or sued." Jaehwan continued. "I was so worried. We are lucky Taekwoon hyung was...I don't know he was weird." Jaehwan said.

 

"It was as if he was on drugs..." Hakyeon whispered after Wonshik had let go of his mouth. Wonshik let him go and stared at the actor as if he had say that he was leaving his acting career to become a professional cuddler.

 

Hakyeon was at the lobby when Taekwoon, his manager and CEO arrived. He had gotten onto the elevator with them. He remembered how Taekwoon just barely managed to stand up, having to be hold up by his manager. He remembers how Taekwoon's eyes seemed so lifeless, as if he wasn't there.

 

As if he was on sedatives.

 

He seemed so a peaced. It was making Hakyeon slightly uncomfortable. It wasn't as if he calm in a pacific way, it was as if he was calm in a unhealthy calm way. The four of them got out at the same floor as Hakyeon was going to see his manager and all the managers office were at the same floor as the CEO's office.

 

He saw how Taekwoon walked slowly, as if the other was just waking up and still desorientated, his CEO getting angry at this and ending up with Taekwoon's manager having to pull from the other to make him hurry up.

 

When Hakyeon walked into the room with Wonshik, Taekwoon seemed so sick. It worried him.

 

"I think he was in drugs." Hakyeon added.

 

Wonshik shook his head. "Impossible." He said.

 

"Hakyeon!." They heard before Hakyeon manager hurried towards them. "Come on! We'll be late for your meeting!" The man hurried the other one. Wonshik let go of Hakyeon and the older one hurried towards the elevator as he waved bye to his dongsaengs.

 

"You should go prepare that collaboration with Taekwoon. I'll go make a v-live explaining the situation to the fans." Ken said as he waved bye to Wonshik while pulling his phone out.

 

Wonshik let out a heavy sigh as he walked towards his own studio.