Reception

Arranged Marriage


"Kyu, I'm so glad the church wedding is over. I was so nervous when I was walking with appa just now!!" Sungmin was telling Kyuhyun when they were resting in the hotel room, and had changed to their wedding banquet attire. Sungmin had her make up touched-up and hair re-spray, and now seated next to Kyuhyun, with Kyuhyun's arm around her. 

"I was too, initially, when I first reach the church. But gradually I was okay after I saw you. You are so lovely and so pretty! And even now, my wife is so pretty!!" Kyuhyun said honestly, full of love and tightened his arm around her waist.

"Ahh Kyu, it's all make-up. I'm not pretty" Sungmin said shyly.

"But you are!" Kyuhyun smile. Then he remembered that Ahra said there will be a slow dance session. "Min, can you dance? Ahra noona wanted to surprise our friends and relatives with a slow dance, starting with us!"

"OhmyGod really? I'm not good! I might step on your shoes!" Sungmin closed .

"Shall we try now? Maybe I turn on some music from my phone...." Kyuhyun took out his phone to search for a slow dance music.

"Ok, I shall escorts my wife gracefully first...." Kyuhyun stood up and offered his hand. "Would you like to dance, my dearest wife, Sungmin?" 

Sungmin giggled and said "Yes, my dearest husband"

Kyuhyun place his right hand behind Sungmin's left shoulder blade (cupping the shoulder blade). He adjusted his right elbow to be up and that his elbow bone is pointed out to his right side.

He held Sungmin's hand and guided her to wrap her left arm around his lifted arm and place her hand around his biceps.

Then Kyuhyun guided both of their other arm up and clasp their hands together. Kyuhyun asked Sungmin to relax her elbow and to point down slightly.

Step by step, he guided Sungmin on movement, swaying and turning, and all the while asked Sungmin to look at him with a smile. 

That was how they did it at their reception later on! Luckily, they had practised the steps, because as expected, Ahra announced that the wedding couple will start the slow dance!! Everybody cheered and clapped and encouraged the couple to dance. 

Kyuhyun was a good leader, making it easy for Sungmin to follow, and when more couples started to join them, Kyuhyun smile lovingly at his wife, held her closely, stopped dancing and kissed her. 

Seemed like the others noticed it, and they clapped and cheered loudly, especially Changmin and of course Ahra, making Sungmin shy and hide her face in Kyuhyun's shoulder. 

Another surprise for Sungmin was that, during their dinner, Kyuhyun got up, kissed her cheek briefly, went to the MC, and took the microphone! They exchanged a few words and the band started playing a song. The song was "Listen to you" and Kyuhyun said "Ahemm, I dedicate this song to my beautiful wife, Sungmin" and started singing. 

Sungmin felt that her heart was going to burst. Kyuhyun's love for her was overpouring from his heart and she closed and her eyes started tearing. She was so touch with Kyuhyun's sincerity and she thanked God over and over again for giving her Kyuhyun. 

Ahra passed her a handkerchief to wipe her tears and smile understandingly at her. She put her arm around Sungmin and together, they both enjoy Kyuhyun’s song. She knew that her younger brother is sincerely and wholeheartedly love Sungmin, and she was happy for that, and though she always , she love him nevertheless. 

The dance session resumed after that, in-between dinner, for couples who wanted to dance. While Kyuhyun was talking to Sungmin while eating, suddenly somebody came to him asking him to dance! 

Looking up, Kyuhyun was surprised to see who was it, and said "Ohh, Seohyun! Errr, sorry I am still eating..."

"Kyuhyun oppa, please dance with me and fulfil my wish. You rejected me and choose Sungmin-ssi. So, have some courtesy and dance with me" Seohyun said, pulling Kyuhyun's arm.

Sungmin looked at her wondering who she was. Why did she said Kyuhyun rejected her. Was she also a blind date for Kyuhyun?

"Min, this is my great-aunt's grand-daughter, Seo Ju-hyun. I always treated her like a younger sister and called her Seohyun. Seohyun, this is my wife, Sungmin" Kyuhyun introduced them, so that Sungmin knew who she was. 

"So are you happy now that Oppa choose you??" Seohyun glared at Sungmin.

"I'm sorry, I...." Sungmin looked lost for words.

"Seohyun! What are you doing?!" Ahra scolded Seohyun with a controlled angry voice. "I thought you are overseas?? Why are you causing unhappiness to Sungmin?!"

"How can I not attend my supposed-to-be-husband's wedding? I want to see who is that woman that Oppa choose! What's wrong with me Oppa, why didn't you choose me??!!"

"Seohyun! I always regarded you as a sister. I said it to great-aunt too. But I didn't want to upset her and omma, so I still went for that blind date. And I thought I made it clear to you that I regarded you as a sister?" Kyuhyun was getting angrier. Luckily the ballroom was noisy, else they would have caused a scene.

Sungmin became uneasy and sad that she has caused another woman's unhappiness. She retreated slowly away, while Kyuhyun was still arguing with Seohyun. She walked slowly to her parents' table and tried to look happy. Smiling at her mother, she put her arm around her and asked about the food.

"The food is lovely Sungminnie! This restaurant is a good choice!!"

"I'm glad that Kyu chose this restaurant too!" Sungmin smile and sat next to her mother. Her father had gone to another table to talk to one of his business acquaintance.

"How are you, Sungminnie? You look tired. Go up to your room early and rest a bit" Mrs Lee said after noticing that her daughter became quiet.

"I'm fine omma. Don't worry".

"Min!! There you are! I didn't even know that you left our table. Suddenly you are not beside me" Kyuhyun said, walking and standing besides Sungmin. He put his arms on both Sungmin's shoulder and squeezed it gently. He really didn't want his wife to have the wrong impression of him and Seohyun, whom he finally managed to chase away.

"Ohh, I just feel like walking around, and saw that omma is alone" Sungmin smile at Kyuhyun. She wasn't jealous, she just felt a bit down that Seohyun regarded her as the woman who took Kyuhyun away from her. 

"Yes, appa is over there talking, and I don't know where is Jinnie" Mrs Lee started looking around.

"I saw him talking to one of the musician. Probably his friend" Kyuhyun informed his mother-in-law. Mrs Lee looked over to the band, and nodded her head.

"Kyu, Sungminnie is a bit tired. You two should go up early after the reception. Don't mind us, we normally will have a drink before going off".

Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin with concern. He knew that Sungmin might be upset of what Seohyun said just now, which was why she probably had walked away. He was panic just now when suddenly Sungmin was not with him, but later breathed a sigh of relief when he saw her with his mother-in-law.

When they walked back to their table, Kyuhyun held Sungmin's waist and pulled her closer "Min, don't mind what Seohyun said ok. There was nothing going on and I truly regarded her as a sister. I have no feelings whatsoever for her. Please trust me" Kyuhyun assured her. He didn't want his wife to misunderstand.

"I trust you Kyu. Yes I was a bit upset just now, but I'm ok now. Don't worry" Sungmin smile honestly.

"Kyu! Can you come with me for a while?" Ahra suddenly looked angry, marching towards her brother.

"What's wrong noona?"

"Just come with me for a while. Sungmin, I borrow him for a while ok" Ahra told Sungmin and gestured her to sit. Sungmin nodded but felt uneasy as to why her sister-in-law seemed to be angry about something. What exactly was wrong?

Ahra dragged Kyuhyun to the basement carpark where the wedding decorated car was parked. There, he saw it. The rented car, which his noona had decorated nicely with flowers, ribbons and the word "Just married", was smashed with eggs and someone wrote with a lipstick "I Hate You!!".

"Kyu, this must have been Seohyun's work! She was angry that we practically force her to leave. I'm going to complain to omma and great aunt!!"

"I'll talk to the hotel manager if we can see the security camera. Yeah, I guess you were right! This must be Seohyun's work!" Kyuhyun put both his hands on his waist to control his anger and took out his phone to snap some fotos as evidence!