Listen To You

Arranged Marriage


Surprisingly, they talked on the phone for nearly 3 long hours, and said their goodbyes only because their phone batteries were dying soon. 

Kyuhyun was amazed that he could talk to someone that long, coz 20minutes was his longest phone call, even to his mother! It seemed that they could go on and on talking about anything under the sun, from their wedding photos, to the photoshoot, about their work areas, about the weather, about Sungmin's  patissier course, about Sungjin, about their wedding, and so on and so on.

Even in his office, his colleagues, especially Changmin, noticed his change of behaviour. Previously, he was always focus, straight to the point, discipline and didn't talk much. But now, he was friendlier, smiles a lot, rush off after work and was always using his phone to text someone. Changmin has been teasing him non-stop, that a girl could change his friend so much!!! 

"If you are in my situation, Chwang, you will understand. I didn't know that this wonderful feelings exist and that I ever gonna experience it. But now that it happens, I never regret my decision to choose Sungmin as my life partner" Kyuhyun told Changmin, smiling widely with eyes shining with happiness.  They were talking in Kyuhyun’s room. 

"So it's a good thing that Ommonim arrange that blind dates for you! Hmm, should I ask her to arrange blind dates for me too?" Changmin laughed while resting his back on the chair. 

Kyuhyun threw a crumpled paper at him.  "It's call fate, you dimwit, and you have Victoria!" he chuckled when Changmin managed to dodge the paper. "So, have you confirmed your suit? You are my best man on my wedding this weekend". 

"Yup, and I charge it to your account haha" Changmin laughed teasingly at his friend, and added "Anyway Kyu, congratulation! I am so happy seeing you happy like this" Changmin said honestly. 

"Thank you, Chwang! I didn't expect to fall in love with Sungmin.  And when I'm with her, I just don't feel like separating from her"

"Wait a few more days and you two will be together!"

"Do you feel like that with Victoria?"

"Not really, because we've been friends for so long. And she's not really interested to get married so soon. I guess I will remain a bachelor longer than I thought! Frankly speaking Kyu, I don't even long for her. I just know that she is there and when we meet, we just kiss briefly and then go to the movie, or dinner. Nothing more than that. Maybe I should have a heart to heart talk with her whether we should at least get engage first. I do like her though not that crazy about her, if you know what I mean" Changmin raised his eyebrows at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun nodded. He knew all along Vic was not interested to be tied down, at least not now, and so he did pitty his friend. But they are still a couple and their future is for them to decide.

"Anyway Chwang, I hope she's coming to the wedding?" and when Changmin nodded his head, Kyuhyun continued "Maybe if she sees me getting married and you are my best man, she might change her mind and pester you to get married" Kyuhyun said smiling.

Changmin chuckled "I keep my fingers cross!!. Let's go for lunch and after that we can go straight to our client's office" Changmin got up and adjusted his suit.

"It's near where Sungmin is having  her course. Can we lunch around there so that I can drop by and see her for a while?"

"Ohmygod, Kyu! You are really heads over heels with your future wife!"

"Yes I am! I really am!!" Kyuhyun laughed and took his bag to put in all the necessary documents to bring to their client's office. "Chwang, I meet you at the carpark. You bring along your laptop and our previous discussion materials".

"Alright. See you" Changmin waved at him and left his room.

"I better text Sungmin to ask her to meet me at 1.45pm first at her reception lobby, since her class starts at 2pm today" Kyuhyun said happily, fishing out his phone.

Kyuhyun parked his car near to their client's office, and then walked to a nearby cafe. After lunch, they walked to Seoul Hyundai building, and Kyuhyun texted Sungmin. 2 minutes later, Sungmin appeared at the glass door at the receptionist lobby. 

"Kyu!" Sungmin was smiling happily and walked towards him.

"Heyyy, Min. Missed you" and gave her a peck on her lips. Then turning to Changmin, he said to Sungmin "Min, this is Changmin, and Chwang, this is Sungmin" Kyuhyun introduced them.

"Nice to meet you, Sungmin-ssi. Wow, you are so pretty!"

"Thank you" Sungmin said shyly.

"Min, Chwang will be my best man during our wedding" Kyuhyun said smiling, while putting his arm around her waist. 

"Oh really, that's great! See you on Saturday, Changmin-ssi!" Sungmin was glad that Kyuhyun had confirmed who would be his best man. So all set. "Oh yes Kyu, we are supposed to collect our wedding suits this evening. And my class will finish early at 6pm. Can you leave your office early?" Sungmin asked, suddenly remembering their wedding suits.

"Yeah, I will, and I'll pick you up around 6.15pm?"

"Kyu, why don't you stay at our client's office and I'll go back myself? It's easier rather than you go back office and come here again. I'll explain to boss, don't worry" Changmin suggested.

"Hmm, isit ok with you?" Kyuhyun asked, coz he didn't want to put more burden to Changmin's shoulder to explain their audit report for their client to their boss.

"No problem, what are best man for??!" Changmin laughed, followed by Kyuhyun.

"Ok then, thanks Chwang. Then Min, I'll be here at 6pm!" Kyuhyun smile at his fiancé.

Sungmin smile happily and nodded. Kyuhyun gave her another peck on her lips and she waved her goodbye and went inside her class.

"Heyy, why look so sad? You gonna see her again at 6pm!" Changmin nudged and teased Kyuhyun, making Kyuhyun chucked and punched Changmin on his arm. They both laughed and started walking out towards their client's office.  These past few weeks had been a torture to him as his feelings were all messy. For sure he has fallen heads over heels in love with Sungmin, but why this constant longing to be with her? He couldn't sort out this part of his feelings yet. He took a deep breath and prepared himself for their meeting with their client. 

Everything went well with their client and they wrapped up all audit matters pretty fast. Changmin has noted down some important points to feedback to their boss and went through these points with Kyuhyun as they walked out to Kyuhyun's car. 

"Chwang, want to join me for a coffee?" 

"Hmm, no I'll pass. I better head back to office and meet our boss. You ok to wait here?" 

"Yeah, I'll just have coffee in that cafe and wait for her" 

"Ok, see you Kyu!" 

As Kyuhyun walked into the cafe, a song was playing "Listen to you" which was an OST from the drama 'Pasta'. It was Kyuhyun's favourite song making him sing along after ordering his coffee. He just love the lyrics. "Heyy, why don't I sing this song during our wedding reception? I will dedicate this sing to my beautiful Sungmin!" 

He called the restaurant which they had booked for their wedding reception, to ask them whether they have a karaoke set. After confirming everything, he searched for the song's lyrics that he had saved in his phone. Found it, he smile to himself. 

He sang to himself while sipping his coffee... 

Lyrics of 'Listen to you':

No, I’m not.. It really doesn’t make sense

Even when I’m eating or falling asleep, I keep thinking about you like crazy

All the time I keep hating myself so badly

How could I, how could I fall in love with you? That’s a bit weird

Chorus:
My heart hears you.. from head to toe

My friends tease me for this but my heart only listens to you

One two three, you smile and I think I lost my breath

By seeing your smile, I’ll cook with love everyday
Forever I love you love you
love you love you love you~

Why don’t you stop me? Why don’t you ignore me?

I feel depressed and dumbfounded but my heart only calls for you

For you I will become the god of cooking in the whistling wind

Seeing your bright smile and holdings your hands makes my heart feels happy

Chorus:
My heart hears you.. from head to toe

My friends tease me for this but my heart only listens to you

One two three, you smile and I think I lost my breath

By seeing you’re smile, I’ll cook with love everyday

I went through the night, and another night, and another night

My memories are getting blurred

But you always stay in my heart and in my smiling eyes

You’re the one forever~

Chorus:
My heart hears you.. from head to toe

Although the whole world laughs at me, my heart only listens to you

One two three, you smile and I think I lost my breath

Stay the way you are, I’m gonna say ‘I Love You’ and kiss you everyday

Forever I love you love you love you
love you love you love you~
oh my baby my love

Kyuhyun smile like crazy coz the words are true to his feelings, except the cooking part haha. He just love Sungmin. In a few more days, they can be together...