The day before....

Arranged Marriage


They were asked to try their wedding attire again when they reached the boutique to collect it. As usual, Kyuhyun looked dashingly handsome and even more handsome now that he has that smile on his face and love in his eyes.

Sungmin was the most beautiful Angel to Kyuhyun. Seeing your wife-to-be with that shy smile on her face, made Kyuhyun's heart beat wildly and erratically. While walking towards her, he felt like he was already in the church, walking to take her hand from her father. Ohmygod, will he be able to do that this weekend? He would be a nervous wreck, surely!!

They took photos using their handphones, and changed back to their attire, so that the wedding suits could be pack properly by the boutique staff. On the way to Sungmin's home, Kyuhyun felt sad that they won't be meeting tomorrow, as according to the elders, they should not see each other before the wedding. He sighed heavily while parking his car outside Sungmin's house.

"Why Kyu? You sighed just now, is everything alright?" Sungmin asked him worriedly as she got out after Kyuhyun opened her door.

Kyuhyun looked at her and smile "Nothing, just that I can't see you tomorrow. Promise me you'll take care of yourself tomorrow ok?"

"Ohhh" and Sungmin smile "Don't worry, I will. See you on Saturday in the church. I hope I am not a nervous wreck!" Sungmin laughed cutely.

Kyuhyun couldn't resist himself and kissed her. He pulled her into his arms and then kissed her again.  "I love you, Sungmin. Really love you. I call you later ok?" and when Sungmin nodded, smiling shyly, Kyuhyun pecked her lips again before letting her go, and took her wedding suit to walk her to her door.

He felt his heart quenched tightly when Sungmin waved at him before closing her door. Aishhh, why is he like this? He is madly in love with his own wife-to-be!!! While sitting himself behind his wheel, he rubbed his chest and said to himself "be patient, heart, we'll be together in two days time!" and with a silly smile, started his car and drove off. 

Though Friday was a busy day for Kyuhyun at work, he couldn't help thinking about Sungmin and kept looking at his phone in case she message him. He missed her already and kept looking at their photo in wedding suits which is his home screen wallpaper. 

"Heyy, if you missed her, just call her or message her" Changmin during lunch. 

Kyuhyun smile "She is having her class, and then going to do all the ladies things, facial, hair saloon, and I donno what else, with her mum. I don't want to disturb her but yes I missed her terribly" Kyuhyun admitted. 

"You are so hopelessly in love!  You used to be so focus on work and talk only about work, and didn't even have time to look at girls, but now you are different! When you fall hard, you really fall hard!!" Changmin laughed teasingly. 

"I don't understand myself, Chwang. Why am I like this? Falling in love is wonderful, but painful as well when I don't see her. Is it always like that for people in love?" 

"You are at that beginning stage when you are crazy about her. You'll get better after your wedding. Talking about that, have you finalise your honeymoon?" 

"Yeah, all booked. We'll be flying to  Tasmania through Melbourne on next Thursday after her patissier exam".

"Great! So she will stay in your apartment? Or you staying at her house?" 

"At my apartment! I just want to be alone with her!!" Kyuhyun laughed. 

In the evening, Kyuhyun went back to his family home to help with his wedding preparations, and to stay overnight. He brought along his wedding suits and shoes. 

"Kyuhyunnie! Come help with the flowers to decorate the isle!" his sister, Ahra, called out to him. 

"This is girls job!" 

"It's your wedding! Come, help me tie this end. We'll hang them on the benches at the side. And then those are the bouquets for the dais, from Sungmin's mum. Just need to put them in bags to carry to the church tomorrow morning" Ahra instructed him like a pro planner. 

"Kyuhyunnie, have you eaten? There are still some more sandwiches left. I'll heat up for you?" Mrs Cho said. 

"Thanks Omma. I can just eat like that, don't have to heat up." 

While Kyuhyun was eating in the kitchen, Mrs Cho sat next to him. "I am so happy that you are finally getting married, Kyu! And Sungmin was all along my first choice!! Thank you for agreeing to attend the blind date!!" Mrs Cho was praising his son. 

"No, Omma, I should be the one thanking you!!! Thank you for setting up the blind dates, and your recommendation for me to choose Sungmin. I've fallen madly in love with her and I feel like we are a soulmate, perfect for each other"

"I am so glad to hear that, Kyu. I went to their cafe a few times after I met Sungmin's mother again in one of our school gathering, and we both said that you and Sungmin are perfect for each other. And we are right!!"  Mrs Cho was smiling happily and clapping her hands. "And I like Sungmin very much. One look at her, I know I want her to be my daughter-in-law. She is humble, polite, pretty, and always listen to her parents. I am so glad everything turn out well!!" 

"And she told me that she has like me since we were small!! I am so nerd, aren't I Omma? I must have so engrossed in my games that I don't even noticed her!!" Kyuhyun laughed, making his mum laughed too. 

"Yes you were always engrossed in your game!! I brought you along so that you can play with them, but ended up, Sungmin would always play with her rabbit soft toy because you and Sungjin were too busy with your games!" Mrs Cho laughed. 

They had a good laughed and then re-joined Ahra to help with the flowers. Kyuhyun got a message from Sungmin showing him her new hairstyle which she had trim to slightly shorter, with fringe. She looked as angelic as usual, and he missed her so much!! Kyuhyun replied with "You look lovely, making me miss you more". 

Seeing Kyuhyun kept smiling at his phone, Ahra threw a flower at him "Stop admiring Sungmin! She's going to be yours tomorrow! Help with the flowers you dimwit!" 

"Ahra, he is so in love with her! Let him be" Mrs Cho scolded Ahra and son. She is so happy that his son had found his happiness and had thank God over and over again for opening up his son's heart to accept Sungmin. She knew it was a difficult task to get his son to fall in love as he was always busy with work. 

"But Omma..... look at him! So love struck and just couldn't stop admiring her!!!" 

"Let him be..." 

Kyuhyun showed his tongue at his sister. She threw another flower which he managed to catch it and was dancing with happiness. They laughed and finished up the garlands of flowers. Mrs Cho made hot chocolates and cleaned up Kyuhyun's room so that he could sleep comfortably. She loved to pamper her son because he always made her proud. He always got the best in class during his school days and got highest in his cohort during his university days. 

Lying on his bed in his room, Kyuhyun texted Sungmin to ask whether she's in her room? In another second, she called him. 

"Hi Kyu!" 

"Heyy, I missed you! You are still up?" 

"Just had my shower and yeah, preparing to sleep. I missed you too!! Are you at home or at your family home?" 

"I'm in my room at our family home. We finished up the flower garlands just now, and we will be going to church early to help the wedding planner to decorate the benches along the Isle, and the dais, which your mum has done up with the bouquets". 

"I'm so nervous Kyu. I'm scared that I might trip or something, and fell flat in my face!! Heehee" 

"I'm a nervous wreck too, Min, but I guess we just have to go through it and hope everything goes on smoothly" 

"Yeah, it will be a long day for us" 

"And after tonight, we don't have to talk on the phone again!"

Sungmin chuckled. Even her chuckled sounds cute to Kyuhyun!! 

"I love you Min, and sleep early and think of me!" 

"I love you too, Kyu. Goodnight and see you tomorrow!!" 

"See you. Goodnight" and Kyuhyun off his phone. He took a deep breath and was about to off his table light when there was a knock on his door. He got up and opened it. 

"Kyu, sorry I just want to pass you this" Mrs Cho gestured something on her hand. 

"Omma, come in. What is it?" 

Mrs Cho followed Kyuhyun to his bed and sat down before opening a jewellery velvet box. 

"Put this on Sungmin's neck tomorrow. It's our family gift to her, passed down from my mother-in-law to me, and now I pass it down to your wife" Mrs Cho took it out and Kyuhyun was in awe at such a beautiful necklace. It was an all-round diamond necklace and it was well maintain eventhough it has been generations of hand-me-downs. Still shining and beautiful. 

"Omma, it's beautiful. Are you really ok to part with it?" 

"Yes, it's Appa's family tradition to give the son's wife. It belongs to Sungmin now, and I am glad that I'm giving this to someone very deserving". 

"Thank you, Omma. I will put it on her and tell her about this necklace. She will love it for sure". 

"Keep it and remember to bring it tomorrow" Mrs Cho put the necklace back and close the box and passed it to Kyuhyun. "Congratulations Kyu, I'm so happy that you are getting married. I wish you and Sungmin all the best and give us beautiful grand children!!" Mrs Cho smile with happy tears on her eyes. 

Kyuhyun pulled her into a hug and uttered his thanks. His mother is everything to him and he loved her so much. He wiped his mother's happy tears and hugged her again. 

Tomorrow is his wedding day! He just couldn't wait for it..