Seven

The Twist In My Story (Chaennie)

Rosie POV

“So Jennie is into girls huh?” Lisa asks standing beside me in the kitchen as she watches me cook dinner for us

“She’s still figuring it out” I say

“Interesting.” She grabs an apple “So you guys made out?”

I pause for a second; something stings about Lisa’s tone. She didn’t seem very happy when I told her about my kiss with Jennie when she got home some time ago, and she has been acting weird ever since.

“Yeah” I respond as I resume cooking

Lisa stands silently for a while eating the apple. Then she says

“Do you like her Rosie?”

I nod “Yeah, I do”

She smiles “Im happy for you”

“How was your date with Jisoo?”

“Good. Great. I like her a lot”

My eyes light up “Really?”

“Yeah! She’s sweet, funny, pretty”

“True”

“But I… I don’t know if it’s a good idea”

I turn around “Why not Lisa?”

“I mean” she rubs her hands nervously “I just… don’t want to get hurt again”

Her words pierce my heart

“Lisa I…”

“Forget it” she says smiling at me “I’ll be fine I just need some time I guess”

I grab her arm before she leaves “Lisa, do we need to talk?”

“No we had talked remember, it’s all over right?”

I stare at her “No, not if it still affects you. I’m sorry I didn’t know it still bothered you. We should talk”

Before I can finish she pulls her arm away with a sad smile “No, relax. We did all the talking we had to. I’ll be fine, probably just thinking too much.”

With that she walks away.

The Next Day

I’m worried about Lisa. I can’t stop thinking about her as I make my way to the college. She hasn’t spoken to me since our conversation in the kitchen yesterday. I didn’t approach her, thought I should give her some space. But I am really worried now, after the incident it had taken a long time for our friendship to repair, if it was repaired at all that is, but I don’t want things to go downhill again. I don’t want to lose her this time.

I am so occupied in my thoughts that I almost don’t see Jennie standing in front of me outside the university.

“Rosie” she greets me with a beautiful smile instantly cheering me up. She looks gorgeous as usual.

“Hey Jen” I smile back

“All ok? You seem worried?”

“Yeah… just something about Lisa”

“What’s wrong?”

I’m about to speak but I stop myself

“I… you know what I’ll tell you all about it I just need a little time to process things”

“Oh ok” she says “Well I have something for you”

“What is it?” I ask curiously

“Not here” she grabs my hand and walks me across the campus to the girl’s changing room in the gym

“Don’t worry, no one has gym in the first period on Monday, I know the schedule”

I smirk “Of course you do Miss daughter of the dean”

She raises her eyebrow “Don’t remind me” she says pulling me into one of the showers and locking the door

“This really is a forbidden love sto…” she interrupts me with a kiss

“Sorry, always wanted to make out with someone on campus. Kind of like a rebel thing being the dean’s daughter and stuff”

I snicker at her cuteness as she fishes something out of her bag. Her eyes, her hair, everything about her is so perfect and beautiful

“A rose for my rose” she hands me a rose making me at a loss of words with her gesture

“Jen…thank you, this is so sweet”

“Rosie, I know things are still casual but I really wanted to tell you that you mean a lot to me. Not only because you helped me get an A in history but also because you make me really happy. Thinking about us makes me blush, and I haven’t really dated much but being here with you really gives me the butterflies I always missed. No one has ever made me feel like this. You are special to me.”

I lean in and kiss her softly trying not to cry “Jennie you are amazing.” I say it. I mean it.

She laughs “I didn’t really do anything to deserve that…to deserve you”

“Shush” I say kissing her again. Just then we hear an announcement over the PA system

“Ms. Jennie Kim and Ms. Roseanne Park are requested to report to the dean’s office as soon as possible. Thank you.”

“” Jennie says pulling away “Crap”

“Hey relax” I say looking at her, her face has gone white

“Rosie, do you think she knows?” Jennie stammers

“That’s highly unlikely” I say “We aren’t even dating as such, we kissed once yesterday and now”

“Rosie. She will kill us, she won’t hesitate” Jennie starts shaking. I can see the terror in her eyes .I hold her hand.

“I won’t let her touch you Jen, I promise”

“I can’t go”

“We have to go Jen. Don’t worry whatever it is we will take care of it.”