Five

The Twist In My Story (Chaennie)

Jennie POV

It’s been two months since Rosie started tutoring me and I must say these have been the most intense two months of my academic life so far. I have kept my nose in the books and while that has annoyed certain people, especially Jisoo, my parent have been really freaking pleased and I couldn’t be happier. My schedule is simple. I go to class then immediately head to Rosie’s place for two hours. Our discussions now extend beyond history, I have been helping her with math and we often discuss other subjects that we study as well, we don’t really discuss personal things, I won’t lie I am curious about her family and her ex and stuff, but I think keeping our conversations restricted to academics and sometimes music and Hollywood, is enjoyable to both of us. I think I can call her a good friend and maybe once I ace these tests I could get to know her better.

On Saturdays I spend time with Jisoo whenever she’s free, we usually just watch Netflix and don’t talk much. I’m afraid she is drifting away from me. On Sunday’s I go to see Rosie perform. Sometimes I take Jisoo along for she too has developed a liking for Rosie’s voice and I don’t blame her. Rosie sings like an angel and whenever she looks at me while performing I feel butterflies in my stomach. Meanwhile Rosie’s roommate Lisa barely even looks at me let alone smiles at me, I wonder what the deal is with her is.

Talking about Jisoo I know she’s upset that I haven’t been able to spend time with her, but I have promised to take her out and make it up to her after my exam gets over which is very soon.

“Big day tomorrow” Rosie says as I prepare to leave

“Yep” I sigh packing my stuff “It’s the goddamn history exam”

“And you are going to nail it” she says grasping my shoulders and giving them a squeeze “We have worked for months. You’ll do good. Don’t panic”

I nod “Yup. I feel confident”

She smiles “That’s what I wanted to hear”

She walks me to the door “I hope we can continue this even after this test. It’s been beneficial to the both of us. Plus it’s been fun”

“Of course” I say “I would love to. And I know all this time we kept it pretty professional but once this exam gets done I would love to know you better”

She smiles “Me too. I’m glad we met that day in the park”

I nod and walk up to her and leave a kiss on her cheek. “Thanks for everything” with that I leave her house, thoughts racing through my mind as usual.

‘Whoa! I kissed her on the cheek. I have never kissed anyone the cheek. Ah! I’m spiraling into thoughts again, nope I’m not going to think about that for now, at least not until my exam is over’ I brush the thoughts away as I make my way home to prepare for the exam the next day.

The Next Day

“Jisoo!” I rush hurriedly to hug my best friend

“Whoa” She exclaims as I hug her tight

“I did it! I did so well! There is no way that Mr. Lee is going to give me anything less than A!”

Jisoo pats my head “Well done! Hard work paid off eh”

“Yeah” I smile “How was yours? You left the hall early”

“Pretty good too actually” she says

“Nice!”

“What about Rosie?”

“She texted me saying she’s sure she has done well too”

“This is a happy ending then” Jisoo says

“Not yet” I say “I know I haven’t been able to give you a lot of time so I have decided to take you out for lunch to make it up to you”

“Are you paying?”

“Yup”

“Then I accept the offer!”

“Of course you do”

We walk out of the college and I drive us to Jisoo’s favorite chicken place. She nods in approval as I pull into the parking lot.

“Jennie Kim, you are forgiven” she says getting out of the car. We go in and order chicken wings for starters.

“Texting your crush?” Jisoo asks when I pull out my phone. Oh yeah she still refers to Rosie as my crush

“No, I’m texting mother and letting her know I have done well”

Jisoo takes a bite “Sometimes I think it is impossible to satisfy your mother”

I nod in agreement taking a bite myself “I feel like no matter what I do I can never make her completely happy”

“Why try so hard then? It’s fair if you want to get those grades for yourself, but pushing yourself so much for something that you aren’t even that keen about is just a waste of time and your one short life”

I nod, Jisoo and I have had this conversation before and I have told her that I don’t mind putting in extra efforts for grades if it makes my parents happy. So I change the subject

“I have been away from social life of any sort. Do you have any new gossip or something?”

“Now that you mention it” Jisoo says putting her chicken wing down “I have something to tell you”

“Go on”

“You were busy so I would be going out with other people on weekdays and I” She pauses. “I made out with Hwasa”

I choked on the water I was drinking “You MADE OUT?”

Jisoo shushed me and I realized I nearly shouted “Jisoo that’s wow! And Hwasa, the hottest girl in college! What, how?” suddenly I was more confused than surprised

“I went out drinking with her group and let’s just say my flirt game worked”

I am still trying to take this is “Wait, so is Hwasa into girls? Wait! Are you into girls!?”

Jisoo shushed me again “When I started hanging out with Hwasa and her squad and especially when we went out to drink they would get quiet ‘intimate’ with each other, initially I was surprised but then I thought it was fine and eventually I got curious and interested too. They never forced me into anything of course but one time when we went out I spoke to Hwasa and she told me that she was biual, it made me wonder if I was biual too. Then I asked Hwasa if she would like to make out with me. She asked if I was sure and when I said yes we went to my place and you can imagine the rest”

My jaw is on the floor as Jisoo finishes her story, she gives me a moment to take it all in and once I have processed it I ask “So are you biual?”

Jisoo shrugs “I enjoyed making out with her and I won’t lie I have been attracted to her for some time, and I have been thinking for some time and I do feel attracted to women in general just as I do to men. But yeah I don’t want to rush this and neither do I want to put any labels on it. Plus, we stay in South Korea so I don’t know if I would ever even get the chance to have a proper relationship with a girl. So for now I’m just going with the flow.”

I tear up as I stand up and hug her “Jisoo I’m so proud of you” She pats my arm “Thanks Jen. I wasn’t sure how you would respond, but since you are an important person in my life, I wanted to tell you”

“I’m really happy you opened up to me. Don’t worry I’ll help you in any way that I can. I have missed you, I’m sorry if I haven’t been there for you that much”

“I missed you too Jen. But I get it and I’m happy that your hard work payed off. You deserve that ‘A’”

After staying in her arms for a good five minutes I go back to my seat. I was quiet tempted to tell Jisoo about Rosie but since I promised her I won’t tell anyone I decided not to say anything to Jisoo without asking Rosie first, I’m sure shel be able to help Jisoo. Maybe I could set them up. No, I don’t think I want to do that. They would make a cute couple but…

“So what’s up with you?” Jisoo interrupted my thoughts

“I don’t have any gossip” I respond with a shrug “But…”

“Yes?”

“Jisoo, do you think I could be biual too?”

She looks up from her food right into my eyes “What makes you think that?”

“I’m not sure. Like there have been so many times with Rosie when I hear her sing or when she does something and I feel certain that if she was a guy I would have fallen for her. But I never considered the possibility of me being attracted to a girl, and now that I think of it” I look towards Jisoo hoping she would say something. She simply shrugs

“If you want my advice just go with the flow, if you think you are attracted to her then you are. Are you attracted to her?”

“I…I don’t know yet”

She smiles warmly “Take your time and don’t over think. If you like her, you’ll know”

“Yeah. You are right. I’ll know.”

Rosie POV

1 week later

Our exam results are going to come out any minute and while I usually don’t care too much about the results today I feel really nervous, and I think it’s because more than me I am nervous for Jennie. She has worked really hard and she deserves that A.

The phone buzzes. Here it is. I open my result sheet.

“Straight As!” I shout jumping

“Yes queen!” Lisa announces rushing in to give me a hug “Good job!”

Lisa goes out to get me the chocolate cake she baked, and I am about to call my parents to give them the good news, but before I can do that Jennie calls

“Well?” She asks

“I did it. Did you?”

“I FREAKING DID IT!” She shouts on the phone “I got straights ‘A’s bishes! Jennie Kim is back”

“Hell yeah!”

“Rosie! Tonight! Party!”

“I’m in”

“Bring Lisa, Ill be getting my bestfriend too”

“Awesome! Text me the location”

“Yes ma’am”

She hung up. Wow she is really excited. She deserves it

“Here’s the cake for my queen” Lisa says handing me a slice

“It’s amazing” I my fingers

“Of course it is.” She responds confidently “So how did Jen do?”

“Straight As! She’s taking us out tonight”

“Us? As in me as well?”

“Yeah. She asked me to get you since she is getting her best friend too”

Lisa’s eyes widened “Best friend? Kim Jisoo?”

“How do you know”

“It’s the 21st century chipmunk. We have instagram where you can stalk people”

I nod slowly “I see I see stalking Jennie”

“She’s hot”

“Duh”

“Cool I’m in.”

The party

“Rosie! Lisa!” We are greeted with a warm hug from a fairly tipsy Jennie when we reach the venue she had texted us and oh boy I have never seen her like this!

“Guys this is my best friend Jisoo! Jisoo this is my savior Rosie who you have met before and her roommate Lisa”

Lisa and Jisoo awkwardly shake hands as I laugh “I am not your savior Jennie it’s you who worked hard. Well done”

Her gummy smile is really cute as she rushes to buy us all a glass of vodka while we go to the table Jennie and Jisoo had reserved for us all.

“So Jisoo, you do modeling gigs right?” Lisa asks sitting down beside her

“Yes I do” she responds with a smile.

“Well I am a photographer and I know we have just met and I’m not a professional just a student but if you would like to be my subject sometime”

“I would love to” Jisoo responds with a chuckle. Lisa cant hide her excitement

“Well! Whoa! I didn’t think you would say yes”

“Why not?”

“Just…you are so pretty!”

“You are really pretty too” Jisoo giggles while Lisa is a blushing mess. Oh wow I have never seen Lisa flirt with anyone and this is really interesting

“Here you guys go!” Jennie nearly drops the glasses of vodka when she reaches our table

“I have asked them for shots. I have told them to keep it coming!”

6 shots each later

I guess I am the only one here with any capacity at all. Lisa and Jisoo are on the verge of making out, and have been flirting the whole time mainly calling each other pretty and bonding over common interests and teasing each other constantly, while Jennie who can barely stand is dragging me to the dance floor

“Come on Rosie let’s see your moveeeeees!”

“Loving the wild side Jen” I say as we reach the dance floor and she unleashes her inner dancer, shes really good! Drunk Jennie is a real y dancer! The way she looks at me while we are dancing, oh wow she’s really freaking attractive.

As we continue dancing Jennie moves closer and wraps her arms around my shoulder. I hold her, worried, for I feel like she is falling on me but then she whispers in my ear

“You know whenever a thought would pop into my head about being attracted to you I would always push it away, but I don’t dismiss them anymore” she slurs as her hands slide down from my shoulders to my waist, her touch gives me butterflies. Her face is just inches away from mine, I can feel her breathing on my lips and it’s making me crazy, in a good way.

“I always felt sad that you weren’t a man because you are literally the female version of my dream guy” she grabs my wrists and places my hands on her waist as our bodies collide “But I never even considered the fact that I could be attracted to a girl”

I my lips nervously as she looks at my mouth “And?”

“I think I might be into girls after all.”

She grabs my chin and leans forward, but just as our lips are about to meet I move back

“Jen. You are drunk… I can’t… I can’t take advantage”

“Oh my god” she says tears pooling her eyes.

“Relax” I say “It’s ok. Come on we’l get you home”

By the time I reach our table Jennie is practically bawling. Lisa and Jisoo were sitting across each other smiling and chatting but when they saw Jennie they stood up and walked right over helping me carry her to our table

“I’ll get her some lemon” Lisa said sprinting towards the bar

“Is she ok?” Jisoo asks worriedly

“Yeah. You should take her home though she needs to sleep” I said. Jisoo nodded and tried to calm Jennie down but she wouldn’t stop crying. Lisa came back with some lemon juice but it didn’t help much as Jennie started to pass out

“We’ll walk her to your car. Do you have a driver?”

Jisoo nodded “Should I drop you guys off too?”

Lisa is about to respond but I interrupt “No don’t worry wel take a cab”

“Very well.”

We practically carry Jennie to Jisoo’s car and she immediately passes out in the backseat. Jisoo hugs us both and they drive off. As soon as they leave Lisa turns to me

“What the hell happened?”