Six

The Twist In My Story (Chaennie)

Jennie POV

It often is the case that when one gets as drunk as I did last night they usually wake up the next morning with a throbbing pain in their head and nearly no memories of the previous night. But unfortunately for me not only do I have a killer headache, I remember last night clearly.

I have been lying awake in bed for nearly an hour now, Jisoo has still not woken up. She decided to take me to her house after seeing my condition the previous night. In the past I have gone home tipsy and sometimes even when I have been drunk, but last night I was a mess so she called my mom and told her that I had fallen asleep at her place. I really am grateful for a friend like Jisoo.

I turn to her side and hug her but I guess she was awake for she turns around and hugs me back. When she pulls away a minute later she looks at me and asks

“Water?”

I smiled and nodded as she slipped out of bed, stretched her limbs and brought us something to drink. After I have had two whole glasses she says

“Keep drinking water throughout the day. It helps with the headache”

I nod and place my head on her shoulder. We sit quietly for good two minutes before Jisoo finally breaks the silence

“Would you like to talk?”

I nod

“What are you thinking Jennie?” she asks me

“Jisoo, I feel really embarrassed” I say as she starts my hair

“Why do you feel embarrassed?”She asks softly

I take in a deep breath “In my drunken state I tried to kiss Rosie”

She nods slowly

“And she pulled away. That is so embarrassing! How will I face her again?”

Jisoo shrugs, still my hair “You don’t have to feel that way, you were not in your senses and these things happen. She pulled away because it was the right thing for her to do. She could have taken advantage but instead she brought you to me to take care of you. She is a good person.” I sigh. Jisoo is making sense “Just talk to her, it’ll be fine. I’m certain she gets it”

“I don’t know if I should. I don’t know if she wants to” I say pulling away from Jisoo. I notice my phone on the bedside and grab it to check for notifications, there’s a message from Rosie. It simply reads ‘Brunch?’

“You should go” Jisoo says peering into my phone from beside me “If you feel like you are ready”

I nod.

Chaeyoung POV

I wasn’t too sure if Jennie would respond to my text so when she said she would meet me for brunch I was thrilled. We have a lot of talking to do but most importantly I don’t want her to feel bad for what happened, she didn’t do anything wrong, and I didn’t want it to change anything between us.

Just as I am about to leave to meet her Lisa walks past me, dressed well

“Going somewhere?”

“I’m meeting Jisoo for brunch”

I am about to say something but she interrupts me

“Don’t worry we are not going to the same place as you and Jennie. You both need to talk in private and I get it”

“Thank you Lisa”

She smiles as she starts putting on her shoes

“So you and Jisoo eh?” I smirk

“She’s just helping me out with a school project” Lisa shrugs waving a camera dangling around her neck. I raise my eyebrows

“I see, so you don’t have a crush on each other then huh?” I wink at her

“Geez nosy much?”

“Just curious”

She opens the door to leave

“Fine, I like her and last night not only did she tell me she is also into girls but our flirt game was high key. Lets see how things go”

“Happy for you boo” I say as she blows me a kiss and leaves. It’s nice to see Lisa happy after so long. She deserves this especially after what had happened.

I reach the venue early and to my surprise Jennie is early as well. She is sitting by herself wearing sunglasses and drinking lemon soda

“Bad hangover?” I ask walking up to her. She is taken by surprise but smiles weekly

“Yeah. I thought I’ll come early and fix myself before you arrived” she says smiling nervously “Should I ask them to get one for you as well?”

“Yes please” I say as she calls over the waiter and asks him to get me a glass of lemon soda and a refill for her as well

“So” she begins once the waiter leaves “last night. We should talk”

“Yes” I say “But first why don’t we order some food.”

Once the order has been placed for pancakes and sandwiches we start talking

“Look Jen. You don’t have to talk about anything that you don’t feel comfortable with. I just wanted to meet you for brunch because I didn’t want you to feel bad once you woke up and started blaming yourself or feeling embarrassed or any bad emotion.”

She listens carefully maintaining an intense eye contact with me while we spoke.

“Yeah I did wake up with that feeling, but I feel better now especially after hearing it from you” she says while rubbing her hands nervously

I smile

“Also” she continues “Thank you for taking care of me and not letting me…you know”

“I wouldn’t want you to do something that you could regret the next day.” I say “I’ve done that and it’s only resulted in people getting hurt.”

“You have kissed someone when you were drunk?”

“No. I let this girl who was drunk kiss me, I thought it didn’t mean anything but the next morning when I woke up in her bed she confessed to me how much she liked me but I didn’t really like her back things got complicated. Really complicated. It took a long time to fix my friendship with her and we both ended up getting hurt and feeling guilty”

“Oh” she says breaking the eye contact to look down “Would you have regretted kissing me?”

My heart starts racing on hearing her question “I don’t know” I say honestly “But I would be upset if it hurt our friendship”

She nods “me too”

I look at her. God she is beautiful, I have pretty much tried to dismiss having any feelings for her because I don’t want to fall for a straight girl, but is she?

“Jennie?”

“Yes?”

“Would you have regretted it if the kiss happened?”

“I mean I also would have also been upset if it ruined our friendship”

I shake my head “No I mean, did the kiss mean anything? I mean to ask are you…into girls?”

She gives me a sad smile and shrugs “I am not sure yet” she says “But, whatever I told you last night. It’s all true”

“Huh?”

“I said that if you were a guy I would a hundred per cent be attracted to you. But I think” she pauses and rubs her hands nervously again. My hands are sweaty as hell as I sit in anticipation god I hope my anxiety doesn’t kick in right now “I think….I think I like you as you. I mean I like you Rosie, I have been falling for you for some time now I just didn’t have the courage to accept it to myself”

She looks away immediately her lips. I sit still for a moment trying to process everything and then I reach out and hold her hand on the table “You do?” I ask softly caressing her fingers with my thumb. She looks at her hands and then places her other hand on top of mine

“If I’m being honest” her voice is shaking “I am not completely sure. It’s possible, I just didn’t think it would be. But now I don’t know”

I nod then flash her a smile. “Don’t worry. I’ve been there too. We will…you will figure it out”

She raises her eyebrow “What about you? Do you like me”

I giggle “I would be lying if I said I wasn’t attracted to you since the day my eye met yours at café mocha”

She blushes and looks down, her gummy smile making her face light up. I feel butterflies in my stomach right now as I admire her.

“I just dismissed my feelings because I didn’t want to fall for a straight girl. But if you aren’t straight then that’s a whole other story”

She smiles, I finally see her nervousness has vanished“This is taking an interesting turn”

“Yes I see that” I say smirking

“I mean one day I’m warning you about homophobia and some months later not only am I questioning my uality my best friend is also into girls and is probably asking out your roommate as we speak. Wow.”

I smile “Welcome to the 21st century Jen”

She laughs. We finish our breakfast and she decides to drop me home. She seems happy and even holds my hand in the car. But she’s scared about doing it.

Once we reach my house she walks me to my door

“Rosie” she says before I am about to bid her goodbye “Can we keep this casual for a while. I’m still not completely sure moreover there are many complications especially with my family so I’m going to need some time before we become official or anything of that sort.”

“I get it. No labels. Take your times. But I’m always here if you need anyone to talk to”

She smiles “There is one more thing I want to do though”

“What is it”

She leans in and I swear my heart is about to jump out of my chest, she gently grabs my cheeks and makes eye contact as if looking for permission. In response I lean forward as well and our lips meet. I place my hands on her waist and pull her close. Yup we are making out in front of my door right now

Jennie tastes sweet and the way her tounge caresses mine while we fight for dominance is driving me crazy. Her hands slide down my cheeks towards my neck. Every inch of my skin that she touches feels like it’s on fire. She finally pulls away leaving me wanting more. I open my eyes to see her smiling at me. It is at this moment when I see her smile like that I know I am ready to give up so much just to make her smile.

“I had to do that” she says

I giggle like a love sick goof “I get it…yeah…totally…that was fine…I mean the kiss was way more than fine of course”

She laughs. “I’ll see you tomorrow in class then”

I collect myself for I know I am about to lose my mind once she leaves “Goodbye Jennie. I had a really good time today”

She turns around “It was a date” she says and walks away. I lean against my door trying hard to not scream with happiness.

Jennie Kim you are driving me nuts.