Three

The Twist In My Story (Chaennie)

Chapter 3

Later that night

Chaeyoung POV

“I’m home” I announce walking into my apartment

“Chaeyoung-ah what took you so long? I’ve been waiting” my roommate Lisa said, her eyes glued to the television. I went and sat beside her on the couch

“I met someone in the park, a girl from my school, Jennie Kim”

Lisa looked up “Ah I’ve heard about her, she’s gossip at my school too. Literally every guy is obsessed with her. I really want to see this girl”

“Well you will see her because I have invited her over for tutoring”

“That’s great” Lisa said enthusiastically but her face dropped when she noticed the worry on mine. I really can’t hide my feelings, not from her at least.

“What’s wrong?” Lisa asks

“Well…I may have told her I’m…into girls”

Lisa pauses for a second, her eyes widen in shock “You what! Rosie…you can’t tell people about your uality here! They will bully you! Your scholarship could get take away. This is not safe”

“I know! I know! I’m sorry! But she seemed chill about it”

Lisa shook her head “This is not safe. What if she tells people and what if she is just pretending to be chill and…”

“Lisa! Calm down” I interrupt placing my hands on her shoulders “I know you are worried. But Jennie is a nice person, in fact she herself warned me against telling other people. I don’t think she has any bad intentions.”

Lisa sighs and calmly nods “If you say so, I’ll take your word for it. But please be more careful” she hugs me “I care about you. You are a kind and smart girl who deserves this scholarship and a good future. I don’t want some narrow minded people to take that away from you”

I hug her back tears filling my eyes “I won’t let them. I promise.”

“Good” she smiles “Come on I’ve made us some pasta”

I giggle “I’m surprised you did not burn down the house”

“I knew that was coming!” she crosses her arms as I pull her towards the kitchen “In my defence I only almost burnt the food once. Just once!”

We both laugh as we prepare to eat

The Next Day

Jennie POV

“Jennie we need to talk” I look up to see Jisoo standing in front of me

“Sure what’s up?”

“Jen I’m worried you are being too hard on yourself for your grades”

“What do you mean?”

“All these texts you sent me yesterday talking about how useless you are. One ‘B’ does not make you useless”

I sigh “Well it does. To my parents for sure”

“Ok no offence but your parents have set the stakes way too. Getting perfect grades every exam is not that simple, and grades aren’t even that important. Low gardes don’t make you dumb.”

“I don’t disagree with you, but if I don’t get back on track with my grades my parents will literally torture me”

“You are torturing yourself by taking on this burden”

“I don’t have a choice Jisoo”

She nods “Yes you do Jennie. Go up to them and tell them they cannot expect you to be perfect”

“I have to be perfect Jisoo you don’t get it.”

Jisoo opens to say something but stops herself

“So how are you going to do this? Will you ask Mr. Jung to tutor you?”

I shake my head “No, I’ve asked this girl to tutor me. She got perfect grades.”

“Who?”

“Rosie”

“Rosie?”

“The new girl”

She smirks “Ah…your crush”

“Jisoo for the last time I do not have a crush on…”

“Excuse me?” A melodious voice interrupts making me stand up with a jolt

“Rosie!” I exclaim on seeing her standing at the door

“Am I interrupting?”

“No no come in” I say inviting her “Rosie this is my friend Jisoo”. They shake hands while Jisoo slyly smirks at me confusing her.

“Jennie tells me you are a really good singer” Jisoo says making Rosie blush

“I’m still learning” she giggles “Jisoo, you play drums for the school band right”

“That’s right!” Jisoo smiles

“Come Rosie, we’ll go to your place, unless you want to study here”

“No let’s go back to my place” Rosie says

“Ill catch you guys later!” Jisoo says “I have band practice. It was nice to meet you Rosie”

“Nice to meet you too Jisoo”

Jisoo walks out leaving me and Rosie by ourselves “Shall we?” I say leading her out to my car. I have a good feeling about this.