- Instant Attraction

Don't Walk Away... Darling [ChanBaek]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 I V.

 

Baekhyun's eyes droop shut as his stylist Junmyeon starts working on his hair, gently dragging a layer of gel through the soft strands. He catches a glimps of his reflection before falling into a light sleep. His manager Yixing looks over at him and smiles fondly, then waves over at Junmyeon before turning back to his conversation with one of Baekhyun's staff. The idol's reccuring insomnia has been causing problems for a while, so any sleep the boy can get brings a smile to his manager's lips. Another man comes up to Yixing, introducing himself as Huang Zitao's assistant, Mr Lee. It's the first day of shooting for the collaboration, so also the first meeting for many of each companies staff. 

The two greet each other politely, a comfortable air already surrounding the two. "Ah, good morning Mr Lee!" Yixing starts, smiling nervously. He may be rivals with Lightning Entertainment, but that didn't mean all their emplyees were bad, so a good first impression couldn't do him any harm. 

"Oh, Good morning to you too!" He seems to smile with equal  amounts of nerves. "Rather too early in the morning though I think." Yixing breathes out with a sigh of relief. Mr Lee is going to be an easy person to work with."So what do you think of this project between the two of them? Is Huang Zitao enjoying the idea so far?" Baekhyun's manager asks, leaning agaisnt one of the dressing room walls. Mr Lee moves to stand next to him before replying.

"I think it's a great idea for both our companies. And Zitao likes the plan too. It's early days but he's already enjoying himself more than usual." He nods in the direction of the idol who is laughing and joking around with his stylists.

"Ahh I wish Beakhyun could be having that much fun." Yixing sighs, looking over to the young boy asleep in is chair, a make-up artist working on covering up his dark circles. "This company is seriously working him too hard."

"Yeah, it really looks it." A hint of sadness comes across Mr Lee's eyes. "How many hours a day is he told to practice?"

"He's told to practice around 12 hours, but he usually stays at least an 2-3 longer. This company is dangerous if you're not good enough, so i guess he doesn't want to disappoint." Yixing looks down slowly, feeling shame in himself for letting the young boy overwork himself like that.

"well... I guess it's sort of payed off. He is an amazing artist in this field of work." 

"Yes that's true, but i wish i was able to take care of him more. It hurts to see him like this if I'm honest."

"Just wait till he gets a girlfriend, then he'll have someone to really look after him!" Zitao's assistant says trying to lighten the mood a bit,

"Oh that will be a long time then. Idols from Six Figures aren't allowed to date. Might ruin their status apparently." He visibly rolls his eyes, clearly mad at the situation the idols under his care are in.

"Wow... now that's harsh." Yixing nods in agreement. The two fall into silence as they watch the stylists preparing the two idols. Yixing lowers his eyes as he sees Baekhyun begin to wake up. He can't bare to look at him.

 

Chanyeol stands in the doorway to the dressing room, pausing as he overhears the two men talk. Lightning really is so much better than SIx Figures, their conditons are awful, the CEO thinks as he slowly walks into the room. Poor Byun Baekhyun, being stuck in a place like that. He steps forward again and takes a look at the idol, fast asleep in his styling chair. His eyes soften slightly as the realisation of what he may have been through crosses his mind. Zhang Yixing and Mr Seo become silent, removing Chanyeol from his enchanted state. He quickly turns around and closes the door as loud as possible, but still aiming to not slam it. The noise wakes Baekhyun up, causing Chanyeol to show a small victory smile. But the cold glaze comes back to his eyes. Don't feel bad for him. He signed up to Six Figures himself. Byun Baekhyun didn't have to sign up to the worst company around.

 

Chanyeol crosses over the room and settles at the back. Leaning against the cold white washed wall he can feel a slight draught of air coming through the single glazed window. CEO Park folds his arms tightly and angles his head down. His freshly washed hair falls over his eyes, giving him an anime character look. He looks up through the silver locks, scanning the bustling movement around him. His long dark eyelashes frame his vision.Chanyeol's eyes keep flicking back to one particular chair, with a boy who can't keep his eyes open in. He watches as his eyeliner gets smoked out, his lips coloured and clothes adjusted. He can't deny the man's pretty features. Or how attractive someone could find his face when he sleeps. 

 

A slight vibration is felt on his wrist, and a soft beeping sound pierces the air. He looks down to see his watch , a notification of PHOTOSHOOT START flahing up. He sighs a little and taps the screen, stopping the vibration and beeping. Chanyeol glances back up at Baekhyun and sees that he's still sleeping. He stands up straight and gets ready to call out to the staff and idols. The CEO begins to lift his hands to his mouth, and looks around the room. His gaze falls on the sleeping idol once again. His lingering eyes cause him to bring his hands down slowly. Chanyeol chews his lip in confusion and leans back againt the wall, slowly shaking his head. Maybe being a few minutes behind schedule wouldn't matter.

 

He continues to look up at the boy from where he is standing, whilst also keeping a close eye on the time. 5 minutes more. Thats it. I'm not caring for him, he thinks, trying to order the million thoughts swimming around his mind. But a tired idol is much worse at his job than an awake one. Chanyeol waits at the side, watching the every day hustle the idols go through. 3 years as a CEO and this is the first time he's seen their living first-hand. A second vibration hits his wrist. He stands once again, this time prepared to wake the boy up.

 

 

 

 

The set is designed beautifully. A few different boards are placed around the area, each covered in different assortments of blue. From smoothly transitioned dark to light ombre sets, to mis-matched blue spatters on a white background, everything seems to fall into place. The technicians out did themselves with this one. Chanyeol stands to the side of the set, silently admiring the hard work put into making it. He looks down at the time management papers in his hands, checking that they aren't too far off schedule. 7 minutes. And 5 of those minutes are Baekhyun's fault. Well... My fault. He breathes out heavily through his nose, shaking his head a little at himself. He checks the paper again, then looks at his watch. Tao and Baekhyun are meant to be here now, what are they doing?

Abrutly the peaceful room errupts into sound and chaos as the two men make their way to the top of the set. They both wear matching plain white t-shirts tucked into jeans of varying colours. Zitao pulls off a slightly darker blue pair, held up by a thick black belt, with Baekhyun in a much brighter, refreshing blue, and a brown belt. They also wear the same pair of beige/brown Timberlands. Chanyeol nods in approval to their costume designers. The pair effortlessly conform to their planned innocent and joyful concept. 

CEO Park slowly makes his way round the back of the cameras, listening to the directors instructions. He notices Zitao's inner cheek bite and how Baekhyun's hands begin to fidget as the nerves set in. Yet the atmosphere is a comfortable one. Neither of their nerves seem to be affecti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter