- I'm Coming With You - Don't Complain

Don't Walk Away... Darling [ChanBaek]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I V.

 

Baekhyun's hand shoots out from under the duvet and feels around for his phone which is madly vibrating. With half open eyes he locates it and swiftly slides the button across the screen, turning his morning alarm off. He drops his hand back onto the matress and sighs heavily. Breathing in sharply, he closes his eyes tightly. He opens his eyes again, slowly, as he releases his breath.

 

The idol sits up groggily, and sways his head slightly, letting his unwashed hair fall over his face. Baekhyun lifts his head slightly and gently tilts it to each side. His neck clicks, releasing the tension in his body. He shakes his hands around a little in order to wake himself up a little more. He pauses mid-way through the action so that he can stretch his arms up. His right hand grabs onto his left as he lifts himself higher, feeling a deep pull along his triceps. Baekhyun lets out a quiet yawn before flopping his arms down once more, the soft bounce gently shaking the bed. 

 

He lifts the heavy duvet up and swings his legs over the edge of his bed, placing his bare feet on the warm carpet. The soft, cream-coloured material cushions his every step as Baekhyun makes his way towards the large, four paneled  window covering the south facing wall. Using the string he pulls the blind up and reveals the un-impresive view of the building's car park. He sighs and shakes his head, then turns to his right and sees his calender. 17th of March. One week into his collaberation preperations, and honestly, he's loving it. Working with a different company and new people and getting to see some great producers at work everyday is the way he initially imagined the kpop industry to be. 

 

His second alarm peirces the air, defianlty making sure the idol is awake. He rushes over to his phone and once again slides the 'off' button to the right. 6:15 shows up in the center of his lock screen, the white lettering contrasting with his black galaxy background photo. Now it's 6:16. Just enough time to have a quick shower, change and drive to the recording studio by 7:30. Then have hair and makeup done, as a filming of "Behind the scenes" will be going on. Finally the first day of recording will begin at 8:30, though not much singing is likely to be involved. More a sort of... planning day, that could very easily turn into a planning week.

 

Baekhyun sighs a little, though a glint shimmers in his eye. He walks out his room, picking up a towel off a chair first and makes his way to the bathroom. Once the shower's switched on, and hot humid condensation in steaming the room, he takes his first look at his reflection. The shine in his eys is still present, and he grins joyously to himself. Another day of the collaberation = another day with Tao = another day with Chanyeol another day forgetting that CEO Park exists. Baekhyun's bright smile fades slightly at the thought, but he won't let it completely leave his face. He doesn't want a thing to ruin his good mood today.

 

 

 

Chanyeol is the first to arrive at the recording studio, disappointed by the fact that he is the only one sat in the studio - well, the only important person. A few staff and crew are on their phones, also waiting for the presence of the two idols. Only the CEO has his eyes firmly fixed on the ticking clock, counting the seconds until Tao and Baekhyun finally show up. Every second wasted at the beginning of the day will be added on to the end of the day. It's the only fair way to even attempt to fulfill their hectic schedule.

 

He darts his eyes to the door as someone pushes it open, raising an eyebrow at Zitao as he enters the room, 6 minutes late. Tao's face crumbles slightly at the site of the CEO's arched brow. He pushes out an excuse about the traffic being umbearable, mumbling his apologies to the carpeted floor. Chanyeol simply nods with his arms crossed over his chest and tells the idol to head over to the stylists. Now only the problem of Mr Byun remains. The silver haired man resumes his position on a padded chair and glues his eyes back onto the clock. His foot begins to tap to the rhythm of the hands moving, but in more of an impatient way that a musical one.

 

Eventually the door bangs open, and an out of breath Baekhyun rushes through the doorway, visibly panting heavily. He stops in his tracks as soon as he sees the CEO sitting down, his forehead knitted in an angry frown. The idol seems to forget how to breath as Chanyeol tilts his head to look him in the eyes and growls "You're late!" in his somehow smooth yet gravely tone. Baekhyun gulps and tries to regain his breath at the same time as frantically thinking up a response to the CEO's blunt statement. He stands there dumbfounded, his mind completely blank.

 

CEO Park takes in the idol infront of him, wondering how much he should let him off. A light pink flush is stained on his skin, most likely from the wind hitting his face as he ran to the studio. Or maybe from the discomfort he is undoubtedly feeling stood infront of the CEO like this. His freshly washed hair is feathered out, covering his forehead, softly conforming to the slight curves of his head. The sparkle in his eyes from the adrenaline of running takes your vision away from the dark circles engulfing his face.

 

Chanyeol sees the hidden desperation of hope in Baekhyun, and without saying a word nods in the direction of the stylists, where Tao is already halfway done. Baekhyun bows deeply, saying "Thank you CEO!" in a breathy voice, his gasps for air still prominently loud.

 

"Call me Chanyeol, remember!?" Baekhyun just smiles and nods, quickly agreeing to Chanyeol's wishes. He lifts himself into his styling chair and relaxes as the various hair and makeup artists work their magic on his exhausted frame. CEO Park makes a note on the boy's 15 minute late arrival, and adds that, plus Tao's 6 minutes, onto their finish time. His memory flashes back to Baekhyun's tired eyes and he pauses a moment in order to think. If the level of work is acceptable today, he mutters, then they can leave on time. But otherwise, it'll be a late bedtime if they don't hurry themselves up. He looks back once again at the idols and shakes his head. But it's more at himself than either of the two other men. How the hell has he become this soft? 

 

 

 

Baekhyun steps out from the recording booth, gently massaging his throat. He waves to oneof the nearby recording cameras and turns to face the producer. The camera continues to film their conversation, yet they all know the final edited video will only have music over the top. Eventually the cameraman yells "CUT!" and lowers his huge camera to the floor. The music pro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter