- Stepping Off The Stage

Don't Walk Away... Darling [ChanBaek]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I.

 

What in the world did I do to deserve all this? Baekhyun wonders as he stares out onto the gleaming faces of thousands of adoring fans. The final giutar note from the pre-recorded backing track to 'Kiss Me Good Night' rings to an end, signalling that the concert is over. He sneaks a look at the smooth, lacquered stage floor as his fans appluad and cheer, not wanting the night to end. A slight tremble from the roar of the audience carries up from the floor through his feet, but slowly subsides just before reaching his knees. Baekhyun looks out towards the crowd again, smiling like nothing can touch him in this moment. And nothing probably could. 

 

Though the sweat is falling from his brow, slipping over the soft dips of his skin, and his heart is going at a hundred miles an hour, Baekhyun can't help but feel happy. This, he thinks, this is what makes it all worth it. All the bull and stuck up twats that think they have any idea what it's like to live like this don't matter right now. Having this... Yeah, it's pretty  much worth all of that. He takes one step to the right, joins his feet together in one swift move and takes a bow, the line of his back reaching 90 degrees. His fans scream again, responding to every move he makes.

 

"Thank you everyone so much for coming!" Baekhyun's eyes shine as thousands of girls reply in one huge roar of noise, one voice bearly distinguishable from another. "I hope to see all of your adorable faces again in the future, whenever that may be!" He looks around the concert hall, trying to remember every detail he can spot. There are banners tied to the balcony railings, covered in messages of encouragment. Rows apon rows of red cushioned seats fill the space, each one occupied by a fan. His eye line follows the illuminating LED lights to the intricate roof of the auditorium. Hundreds of carefully cut and placed wooden beams criss-cross over each other, creating the most beautiful star design. He wants to be able to remember this moment forever.

 

Baekhyun looks down again. Slowly, he raises his right hand until it's just level with his chest. He studies the fine pale hairs covering his strong fore-arm, and the faint indents creeping up the smooth skin of his hand. His trusting brown eyes, flecked with gold, flicker to the silver banded watch, which is tightly locked around his wrist. The diamond encrusted gold hands tell him it's almost time for him to leave. Baekhyun takes a deep breath through his nose, feeling the warm, slightly sticky air spread within him, calming him down.

 

His eyes unlock from the expensive watch, and he lifts the microphone in his right hand back up to his sweet talking mouth. "Please stay healthy everyone and look after yourselves." The soothing charm from the lower notes in his voice makes the audience almost swoon as the cheers get louder. "And carry on supporting me and I will try not to dissappoint you. I will work hard so please anticipate it!" He takes one last bow before saying his final line; "Remember this moment, and remember that I love you all and I am grateful to have every single one of you in my life. I love you!" His yells echo around the audience as the huge velvet curtains close the stage in front of them, hiding their idol behind it.

 

Baekhyun looks forward with confidence as his adoring fans disappear from his view. The heavy, double-layered curtains block the light, so it takes a few secends for his eyes to readjust to the new darkness. He drops his head, closes his eyes and smiles. Just a small smile though, a secret smile in which he reassures himself he did well. That was good Baekhyun. You did well out there!" He opens his eyes quickly before scrunching them closed again, pure excitment exuberating from his smile. Small wrinkles crease up his nose, but in a cute way. He punches the air with a tightly clenched fist as he swiftly walks off the stage into the spacious wings. There his team of make-up artists, styists, health and safety and all round staff meet him with a round of applaus. One person hands him a bottle of refrigerated water, whilst another drapes a towel over his shoulders. He nods his head at both of them, pointing a smile in their directions as a way of saying thanks. 

 

Curving his fingers around the bottle's lid, Baekhyun twists the cap. A satisfying 'Ccccssshhhhhhh' hits his ears and he takes a long swig of the cooling liquid. Once the lid is secured back onto the bottle Baekhyun uses the towel to dry his hair as it seems like someone has poured ten buckets of sweat over his head. In order to get his breath back, he walks sedately to his dressing room, where his main stylist and manager are patiently waiting for him.

 

The door swings open and bangs into the wall behind it. A dent sits in the wall where the handle must've hit it on many occasions. The young idol winces at the noise, but still happily strides into the room and flops down onto one of the many chairs. His manager, Mr Zhang is sat opposite him, next to the main stylist, Mr Kim. They stare at him with wide expectant eyes. Baekhyun stares back cheekily and sighs with fake frustration; "Well, that was a pretty crap concert if I'm completly honest." he says laughing, as the other two roll their eyes. "No, no, I'm kidding obviously. It was actually incredible!" A slight sound of wonder creeps into his voice as he goes on to describe the concert."I loved every second of it. Like, I knew it would be good, but that was another level! I think the fans enjoyed it too, Mr Zhang, so I'm not a complete failure just yet."

"Please, don't call me 'Mr Zhang', you know I hate it. And that's good news. Well done!" The manager says sounding genuinely proud, which surprises Baekhyun as that doesn't usually happen in his industry.

"Okay then, Yixing, thank you." he replies, obliging to the others wishes.

"Does that mean I have to dress him for more concerts in the future?" Pipes up the stylist, Junmyeon.

"I'm afraid so." Yixing says in a dissaproving tone, with a shake of his head and a playful smile on his full pouty lips. "More concerts, fan signs, music shows... More time with you... More everything!" He winks at the slightly shorter stylist, who's cheeks immediatly flush a soft pink as his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter