- Tell Me Your Scars

Don't Walk Away... Darling [ChanBaek]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N   Please read this one right to the end, as it's the set up to the next chapter where ALL the drama is gonna go down. thnxxxxxx :))

 

V I I I.

 

The sun has risen high in the sky, and Chanyeol knows they two should've started the day already. He just can't bring himself wake the sleeping boy man next to him. The CEO is sat on the edge of the other's bed, his eyes lazily scanning the view from his mile-wide window. His assistant Sehun booked them a conjoining twin room, so Chanyeol only had to get through one door before reaching the idol. For once CEO Park doesn't mind Sehun's decision. He wouldn't have liked it if they had entirely seperate rooms. The man smiles to himself, then checks his watch. It tells him 10:33 am. Usually he'd mind the late start, as naturally Chanyeol is a morning person. But the quiet hotel room is peaceful. And he knows Baekhyun deserves the sleep. The hundreds of hours of missed out sleep can be some-what made up for now.

Chanyeol moves himself further onto the double bed before leaning onto his right hand behind him, cocking his head to the same side. He breathes in deeply, soaking up the atmosphere of the long-needed silence. I wonder what Sehun's up to. Probably not doing any work. He chuckles to himself as the next thought lines up in his brain. Probably taking cafe boy out on a date right now. What was his name? Ahh that's right, Luhan. The CEO stops in his thoughts as the man next to him begins to stir. Chanyeol didn't know bed hair had the possibily to look good. But the fluffy, natual, un-tameable mess on Baekhyun's head is by far one of the cutest looks he's seen on anyone. With a smile, he reaches out and ruffles Baekhyun's hair, casting his fingers through the expertly cared for locks.

"I think it's time to wake up, Baekhyun," whispers Chanyeol softly, making sure the idol heard him by tapping him on the shoulder lightly. Baekhyun yawns without opening his eyes, then flops over onto the other side of the bed. Chanyeol laughs quietly then continues to tap Baekhyun until he opens his eyes. He sits up in the bed, the duvet wrapping around his shoulders. A tired pout shapes his lips and his eyes see in half open squints. Chanyeol's face softens at the sight and he sighs in content. "You're somehow even cuter in the morning."

"What time is it?" Baekhyun asks whilst rubbung the dust out of his eyes, barely even registering what Chanyeol had said.

"It's almost 10:40, so we should probably start some filming soon," Chanyeol replies in the same, soft voice.

"Why'd you let me sleep in?" Baekhyun frantically tries to push the heavy duvet off him, but the CEO simply pushes him back onto the bed.

"Because you need and deserve the sleep, that's why." The idol yawns again and smiles at him, grateful for the extra lie-in.

"Thank you Chanyeol." He looks down at the pure white bed covers, clearly still tired. "But I'm not cute, especially in the morning."

 

 

 

Chanyeol sits down behind the wheel again as they begin to head off to their first destination. The two had filled up on the delicious breakfast served at their hotel, then gone off to consult the cameramen of their itinery. It was mainly Chanyeol's idea to go to the beach, as he had enjoyed many summers in the sand as a child. But Baekhyun is very happy to go along with it. After all, it's been far too long since he's been able to enjoy a day at the seaside. The cameramen didn't take much convincing either. Their orders were to film whatever it was the pair decided to do, and on the cale of things, going to the beach for a day is a pretty good offer. 

The car dips to the left a little as Baekhyun takes his place in the passenger seat. He's excited for the daytrip but his mind won't stop recalling conversations from the previous day. Something is nigling away at him, something he should've caught onto by now, yet it keeps getting away. So much of the information that Chanyeol and Jongin stored upon him sounds so familiar, but he just can't place it. Chanyeol notices the quiet demenour of the idol again, and knows to leave him to his thoughts. But this time instead of leaving the car to fill up with silence, he plugs his phone into the speakers and lets music run throughout their thoughts. Not So Typical Love Song by Bleachers careers through the sound system. Out the corner of his eye he can see Baekhyun tap his foot to the rythm - He smiles as his eyes lock back onto the road. He's glad the idol is still able to enjoy the music, even if his attention is in a darker place.

The song comes to an end, and another pops on, one Baekhyun has listened to many times. He begins singing along to the words, keeping the lyrics under his breath. He looks out the passenger-side window, still quietly singing.

And if the sun's upset and the sky goes cold

then if the clouds get heavy and start to fall

i really need somebody to call my own

i wanna be somebody to someone.

someone to you

Chanyeol turns to look at him, still amazed by the soft tones of his voice. Baekhyun can feel the other's eyes hovering over him. He too turns the opposite way and holds the CEO's stare. He mumbles the first few words of the next line, but trails off into silence. He apprehensively casts his eyes downwards as he realises the lyrics perfectly describe his feelings towards Chanyeol. 

"You have a beautiful voice Baekhyun. I know i've heard it before, but it still surprises me when i hear you sing." Chanyeol flicks his eyes between the innocent, hopeful stare from Baekhyun and the road to the beach. "And we have a similar taste in music, so it seems." Baekhyun nods with a small smile. He's noticed that too. "Are you okay today?" This is as far as CHanyeol will ask. He doesn't want the other to feel pressured.

"I'm alright. There's a lot to think about at the moment. Lots of thoughts to sort through." Chanyeol nods, understanding where the idol is coming from. So once again he decideds to leave it be, and returns his focus to the road.

 

Eventually the sweeping sand and its ever expanding ocean comes into view, and Chanyeol neatly parks the car in a space on the sea-front. He gets out the car fast, Baekhyun still stuck in a daydream. He wonders over to the other side of the car so he can open the door for the other. The sharp sound of the door being pulled open shakes Baekhyun from the sounds of his head. He too gets out the car, grinning gratefully at Chanyeol. CEO Park locks the carquickly, then casts his arm around the idol's shoulders. The two make their way to the stairs leading to the glittering be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter