- Why Does It Have To Be You?

Don't Walk Away... Darling [ChanBaek]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I I.

 

"Sir, the Chaiman of Lightning apparently told you of his plans yesterday to form a collaboration between our Zitao and their Byun Baekhyun. According to him, it has been long enough for you to come to a descion, and he would like to hear your choice on the matter before his board meeting at 3PM today." The voice message left by Park Chanyeol's assistant a few hours earlier bombards his ears. This is not what he needs to be hearing at 7:30 in the morning. The message cuts off with a long sounding beep. The young CEO sighs as he turns his phone onto silent mode. The longer he can avoide having to talk to either his pesky assistant or the Chairman the better. Obviously the only thing that was crossing his mind the previous night was the collaboration between the two artists, but how the hell could he have come to any sort of descion yet?

 

All Chanyeol knows is that he needs a cup of coffee. Strong black coffee, no milk, with only a sprinkle of sugar. Basically just pure caffien in order to get through the day ahead of him. He calls for his driver to pull up to the nearest drive-through Costa and waits for the other to order his drink. The index finger of his right hand taps against the screen of his smart watch as he impatently waits for his order to arrive. As much as he doesn't want to go into work, turning up late would be even worse, and this coffee run (though it was his decision) is making him late. He watches the seconds tick by painfully, the repetitive action making his eyelids droop. God, where is this coffee? he mutters under his breath just in time for his passive driver to hand the steaming drink to Chanyeol. Once the plastic cup, full to the brim with bitter, black coffee is placed securely in the man's hand, he rolls the screen up to seperate him from the driver infront. He hears a sigh from the other just before the screen reaches the top.

 

As the car jolts back into motion the young CEO picks up his phone to call his assistant back.When the facial recognition entry to his phone finally kicks in, he goes into contacts and clicks the number titled 'That Ogre Oh.' He rubs the sides of his temples with his index and middle fingers, mentally preparing himself for the following conversation as his phone starts buzzing. The unsettling sound comes to a sudden stop signalling that the other has picked up. Chanyeol reluctantly holds the phone up to his ear.

 

"Good morning again sir, what do you need?" the cheerful assistant asks, a joyful bounce to his voice. How can he always be so happy? I'm miserable every second I have to work with this idiot.. he wonders before answering.

"Yah! Sehun just shut up and listen to me for once." SIlence comes from the other end except from a quick impatient sigh Sehun makes no effort to hide. "Tell the chairman that I'll meet him at 11:00 AM to discuss the matter of this collaberation, I want to know every detail before I agree to this stupid idea,"

"Surely it's not gonna be that bad! Heck, it could even bring more popularity to this company." Scoffs Sehun. "And why can't you call him yourself? I already have enough work to do that you've given me."

"I'm really not in the mood to talk to him right now, so shut up and just do what i told you to." he answers back quickly, an annoyed pout stuck on his face.

"You're never in the mood to talk to anyone..." Sehun mumbles under his breath

"I heard that! Do your work and leave me alone."

"Goodbye si-" Chanyeol hangs up, cutting the other off. He tucks his lavish phone into the side pocket of his suit jacket and looks out the blackened windows. The cars pulls up in the parking lot, his driver neatly backing into a space. He's officially about to start day in hell. 

Oh wait, It's already started.

 

 

As the clock strikes 11, Chanyeol stands by the door in the conference room waiting for the chairman to arrive. He watches the seconds hand on the clock that's placed on the wall tick past all the other numbers, then turns his head back towards the door in anticipation. Just at that moment the older gentleman opens the door, followed by his assistant. After a polite greeting the two sit opposite each other at the large table in the middle of the room. The elder of the two, Chairman Jung starts the conversation, guiding it in the direction he wants it to go.

 

"CEO Park, thank you very much for coming to a decision so quickly, I hope that we can agree on this matter and have a plan of action very soon." He begins with a warm smile, as he places his hands on the cool table. Surprisingly the higher-up is easy and comfortable to speak to.

"Yes, I certainly agree with that Sir," Chanyeol says smiling, a slight chuckle in his voice. "But if I could just ask a few questions, my stomach would most definately be settled, if you don't mind?" Chanyeol asks, a slightly nervouse look on his face.

"Ahh, of course you can ask questions about this agreement, You're one of the main factors of it after all! Ask as many as you like!" encourages the old man, using his hands to gesture to the younger.

"Thank you Sir. What benefits would this collaboration bring to our company that we can't find elsewhere, and does the idol in question really have to be from one of our biggest rival competitors?"

"This collaboration could potentially bring in as much as a 9.82% increase to our finance sector, and make all our artists have a 4.3% increase in popularity." Chairman Jung begins, resting his elbows on the table, and readjusting the black and gold framed glasses placed high on the bridge of his nose. Chanyeol nods in understanding at his words. "As you know, Byun Baekhyun has only been in the industry for just over a year, yet already gaining huge recognition from both the media and the public. Him being associated with our company, Lightning Entertainment is likely to bring fortune to us."

"Well that brings piece to one part of my mind at least.." Chanyeol says giving a fleeting smile before continuing, "But what about the other matter?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter