Closing The Gap.

Don't Walk Away... Darling [ChanBaek]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Baekhyun! Baekhyun!" The yells break through the hotel room, they can be heard through the walls that seperate the bedroom from the bathroom. When no reply comes Chanyeol starts banging on the door to the bathroom, frantic, panicked. Scared. He tries the door handle - something he probably should've done first - and the door swings out in front of him. He rushes into the room only to stop dead. Baekhyun is slumped against the wall, a slow trickle of blood falling from just above his collar bone. The towel wrapped around his waist is crumpled, and had the situation not been so serious, Chanyeol would've blushed at the sight of the idol only half dressed. But instead he rushes to his side, urgently wanting to help the boy up, but he knows how that could be fatal - he knows not to move an unconscious body. So instead he reaches for the other's face, gently pushing his ruffled hair out of his eyes. He places his thumb on Baekhyun's cheek, the rest of his hand behind his head, supporting the weight of it. He softly his thunb against his cheek. Baekhyun's skin is so smooth and warm under his touch, he can barely bring himself to move his hand away. The red on Baekhyun's neck catches Chanyeol's attention and his heart stops for a second. Why is he this scared? He hasnt been this frightened by someone's injuries since... well not since Jongin's accident. And maybe that alone is what scares him. 

He quietly gets up to find a body wipe, then quickly returns to the idol. He resumes his position next to him and begins carefully wiping away the blood on his neck. It's not a deep wound, just a slight cut above his collar bone. Had it been worse he'd have called an ambulance but for some reason in this situation he feels it may be better as just the two of them. Nobody else needs to get involved or stress the already anxious Baekhyun out. Once the cut is clean and looking considerably less scary, Chanyeol fetches some blankets which he then wraps around the other's shoulders. Tired, he sits once more. He knows he cannot do anything but wait for Baekhyun to wake up, and be there for him when he does. With that thought in mind he scoots closer to the boy, and leans his head onto his shoulder. He hasn't been this close to anyone in a while. He hasn't wanted to be until now. And this confuses the CEO. Because he's never felt attraction to guys, and never paid attention to girls and now all of a sudden Byun Baekhyun trips into his life and his heart can't seem to stop chasing after him. After so many years of being cold and calm and focused on everything but himself, he wants to finally put himself first and Baekhyun even before that. Though he doesn't realise it yet, Chanyeol is finding the immediate possibility of love. And maybe this time he won't stop himself from pursuing it.

As these thoughts tumble thoughout his head, Chanyeol finds himself taking hold of the other's hand, carefully entwining their fingers. It's a familiar feeling, one of comfort too. And although Chanyeol could never admit it, he can't imagine ever wanting to let go of Baekhyun's hand. Just looking at the idol makes his heart hurt  - and that's a feeling almost unrecognizable to the CEO. He tightens his grip on Baekhyun's hand, not prepared to let go. "Ahh Baekhyun." He sighs and moves even closer to the boy. Now there is no room between them. "Don't hurt youself. Just please don't hurt yourself." A tear falls over the rim of his eyes but he lets it fall. It's nice to feel something for someone again. So he sits in silence, so aware of the warmth radiating from Baekhyun, so aware of the deep thrumming of his heart. But somehow he's wholey unaware of the stirring body next to him. He doesn't notice anything until Baekhyun's fingers tightly grip his own hand. 

"Bakehyun! Baekhyun!" Chanyeol lifts his head off the other's shoulder This time they're shouts of joy, not terror like before.

"What... What happened?" He murmers, trying to sit up straghter against the wall. Chanyeol quickly puts his arm behind the other's back, his hand clutches his shoulder as he helps him up. 

"You must've fallen, you have a cut on your neck." Baekhyun's hand immediatly flies to his neck and his scar and a blush falls onto his face. He diverts his eyes, not being able to face looking at the CEO. Oh how he didn't want the other to see his scar. He lowers his head as Chanyeol continues: "Luckily it's not too serious so I'll be able to help you." His voice is soft and low and so reassuring to Baekhyun, and how he wishes he'd keep talking. "Come on, let's go to the bedroom," is all he says though, and all Baekhyun can do is nod in agreement. Chanyeol starts to stand up, helping the other up with him, which is when Baekhyun notices that Chanyeol is holding his han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter