Chapter 9

Snippets

 

Come here, come here (let me hold you)

 


 

"Come here, come here." Jungkook calls and pats his thighs. 

Slightly embarrassed by the way he's being called, but still curious, Yoongi waddles up to him. 

Jungkook smirks devilishly before picking Yoongi up in one swift movement, the elder letting out a surprised gasp, and Jungkook bounces him on his arms to adjust his grip. 

Yoongi's hands instinctively slide across Jungkook's back, feeling the taut muscles under his fingertips. Almost at the same time, Jungkook moves his hands to Yoongi's for better support, palms spread and the same smirk from before still plastered on his lips. 

The light blush that creeps up Yoongi's face doesn't go unnoticed by Jungkook and the younger has half a mind to chuckle sheepishly. His hands, however, don't move, and Yoongi has a hard time concentrating on anything but the heat spreading through his body. 

As the other boys holler uncontrollably in the background Yoongi chances a quick glance at Jungkook. The two of them lock eyes and it's as if all the sound in the room gets suddenly muffled and no one else is in there. 

They stare and stare and stare and fail to notice that they're getting closer and closer. 

When their lips meet Yoongi can swear he feels butterflies in his stomach. He brings his hands up to cup Jungkook's face and the younger tightens the hold he has on him. 

Immediately there are shouts from the camera crew and staff members, complaining that they can't use that part of the footage and that someone should separate the two love birds so they can resume the filming. 

Jungkook eases Yoongi to the ground and they hurry to sit on opposite sides of the couch, both looking down, trying to conceal their matching red faces, and eager for the shooting to finally continue.

 

  

Yoongi doesn't know what comes over him when, later that evening, he finds himself in front of Jungkook's hotel door. 

He shifts from foot to foot, looks to the sides to see if someone is laughing at his predicament. 

When he's sure no one's around he takes a deep breath and knocks, waits until Jungkook says a "come in" and enters the place. 

Jungkook is on his bed, sprawled over the mattress and looking up at the phone he's holding right above his head. 

The younger tilts his head to the side and shifts his eyes in Yoongi's direction, raising a brown when he notices his hyung is looking at anywhere but at him and has his hands hidden behind his back, fingers probably wriggling together nervously. 

Yoongi seems to sense the stare directed at him and covers his face with both hands, small grunts leaving his mouth. 

If it's even possible Jungkook's browns arch higher and he sits up, discarding his phone to the side, ready to walk towards Yoongi and ask him what's wrong. 

Before Jungkook has time to act, Yoongi's muffled voice fills the room, "Jungkook-ah, we should talk." 

It finally downs on Jungkook what this is all about and he assumes a similar posture to Yoongi's, hands covering his face while he rolls onto his stomach and buries his face into a pillow to suppress a long groan. 

Minutes pass and Jungkook seems to regain his composure first. He scoots to the side and uses a hand to ask Yoongi to come closer. 

Yoongi lets out a last pitiful noise and plops himself on the bed, keeping a good distance between him and Jungkook and still averting the younger's eyes. 

They don't say anything for a while and, finally feeling courageous, Yoongi shuffles closer and rests his head on Jungkook's chest. 

Jungkook's breath hitches, momentarily taken aback by the sudden contact, but he soon relaxes and wraps his arms around Yoongi's torso. 

"Everything is ok between us, right?" Yoongi asks, voice small in a delicate whisper. Uncertain. Hopeful. 

"Yes, hyung." Jungkook whispers back. 

They're staring right into each other's eyes now and, just like before, they don't realize they're getting closer and their lips are meeting once again. 

But this time, they don't pull apart, Jungkook adjusting Yoongi on top of himself, hands moving down to Yoongi's to bring him closer closer closer.